Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Maybe its just an optical illusion, but I'd swear the main A7 side has more food options than the A17.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rylan
Maybe its just an optical illusion, but I'd swear the main A7 side has more food options than the A17.
I visited both lounges in the morning earlier this week. Both breakfast spreads seemed the same with one tiny but important exception. When in the A17 lounge, I saw no butter. When I asked the lady who barely spoke English putting food out where the butter is, she simply said "we don't have it." I knew asking if they were out or just don't serve it would be a waste of words. The A7 lounge had it.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:39 pm

So what's the current verdict on landside vs. satellite lounge? No need to shower, Just space, snacks and drinks....
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by hhwi1s0n
So what's the current verdict on landside vs. satellite lounge? No need to shower, Just space, snacks and drinks....
I visited both yesterday because I had not been to the satellite one in a while. I really like it. You can't beat the convenience of the land side one being darn near as you exit the pre check line. However, gun to my head: i prefer the satellite one. It seems larger and better laid out. The food is very similar, if not identical. The views are a little better. The giant TV is easy to see from most of the club. Like an idiot, the restroom took me a minute to find and I didn't want to ask but other than that, I prefer it to the land side one. Not a huge difference, but it is a preference.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Stopped by the Sattelite club this morning, thinking it'd be less crowded, but no. However, looks as though at least 1/3 of the eventual footage is still under construction. Food was fine, although the bread selection a weak point.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, AMEX, National, Avis
Does anyone know if either location has showers? I tried looking both here as well as other places online but couldn’t find anything definitive. Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xjoedx
Does anyone know if either location has showers? I tried looking both here as well as other places online but couldn’t find anything definitive. Thanks!
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/locations page shows a showerhead for A18 club (indicating it has showers).
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, AMEX, National, Avis
Thanks! The Delta app does not show the shower head. Didn’t think that the website might be different so didn’t check.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: AS Gold 75K and Delta PM, former AA EXP
Was at both the main and satellite SC’s last week and was told both do not currently offer showers although the satellite will when it’s finished.
xjoedx likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, WY Gold, Delta Silver Medallion
Dumb question, but where exactly is the SkyClub at Terminal E? I had access to the Air France lounge (QR J granted me access) but it was mid, so I decided to walk outside for a while and scout for other lounges. All I found was Lufthansa, BA and EK lounges in the first floor on the other end of the terminal.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by qraec777
Dumb question, but where exactly is the SkyClub at Terminal E? I had access to the Air France lounge (QR J granted me access) but it was mid, so I decided to walk outside for a while and scout for other lounges. All I found was Lufthansa, BA and EK lounges in the first floor on the other end of the terminal.
It's directly behind the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse. Last month I went to both and actually liked the DL club a little better. Much larger than I expected it to be. Food offerings were decent.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Just out of curiosity, since (almost) all international arrivals are at Terminal E, who would be expected to use the showers in satellite A? Do arriving redeye pax from LAX, SAN, SFO and SEA really want showers?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS Gold 75K and Delta PM, former AA EXP
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Just out of curiosity, since (almost) all international arrivals are at Terminal E, who would be expected to use the showers in satellite A? Do arriving redeye pax from LAX, SAN, SFO and SEA really want showers?
Personally, after working a full day in Boston (or NYC) I like to hop in the shower before a transcon back to SFO.
xjoedx likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by RobertS975
Do arriving redeye pax from LAX, SAN, SFO and SEA really want showers?
uh, yes
Spiff, Oakshadow, hi55us and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KBOS777
Was at both the main and satellite SC’s last week and was told both do not currently offer showers although the satellite will when it’s finished.
Unfortunately you were misinformed. I have showered at the A18 club twice in the last week. You do have to ask… they don’t advertise. They have two of them and they are very nice and well equipped. The A18 club is newly expanded, very nice, very spacious.

As for the other poster asking about people using showers with the international concourse being else where… yes it’s a pain to connect domestically in A and internationally in E, and the E concourse is a $hit show as far as I can tell, but the showers are still very handy to have in A especially with a longer layover which the schedules often seem to require in BOS.

The AF club in E is utterly awful. I haven’t been to the “SkyClub Express” (which sounds like a glorified coffee cart) or the Virgin lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.