Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:05 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tennessetom
Neither sky club is great, Delta now according to the signs they have all over the airport offers more international service from BOS than any other airline but the lounges tend to be over crowded and lacking in the amenities of lets say the BA lounge. They are rumored to be totally redoing the club by gate 19 to make it more competitive with the other lounges. Adding showers and better meal service more space. I think this is a must if they want to compete with the flagship lounge and other lounges of the such.
They're finally doing the expansion that I wished for a few years ago in this thread. I'm looking forward to seeing how the space (which was enough for a completely separate BusinessElite lounge during the planning phase) is used to expand the A17 Sky Club.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Any idea when the A17 club will be completed? I will be in BOS this week and was curious which club I should plan to visit. Last time I was in there the A17 club was a bit of a mess due to the construction but happy for the changes.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
Any idea when the A17 club will be completed? I will be in BOS this week and was curious which club I should plan to visit. Last time I was in there the A17 club was a bit of a mess due to the construction but happy for the changes.
As of yesterday, there was a blocked-off area next to the club but no visible construction inside. (And they had roast beef at the buffet.)
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The 'main' terminal SC has similar food... I saw the roast beef at that one last week as well, along with lobster bisque.

The A17 had the blocked area between the elevators and entrance for months now. I forgot to ask if anyone knew a completion date yet, but the work inside the club towards the back where they installed the showers looked complete. Not sure when the showers get activated though.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
Any idea when the A17 club will be completed?
in chatting with some agents recently, they were hoping by the olympics, so summer. Sounds like 2k pax a day coming through the clubs, so they really need this space. The extra segments to Europe this summer are definitely going to fill them past capacity.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 3:19 pm

is A17 club open?
Old Apr 11, 2021, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No only the A7 location is currently open.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:09 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by nebraskaboy
in chatting with some agents recently, they were hoping by the olympics, so summer. Sounds like 2k pax a day coming through the clubs, so they really need this space. The extra segments to Europe this summer are definitely going to fill them past capacity.
What extra segments?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks at date of that post... its from over a year ago, prior to Covid shutdowns.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:07 am

Meeting booth?

Does anyone know if the Boston Skyclub has spaces where you could have a private meeting / phone conversation / zoom call? E.g. booths with a door you can close?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The main A7 side does not have anything like that. The satellite A17 had a semi-private area off to back however that is being renovated and still closed off for where the showers were put in... so currently no nothing like that and don't think it will have any.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Was just at the A17 Lounge. While it has a somewhat more "upscale" look, it's about 1/3rd of the size it used to be. All the great views are gone. What happened to the rest of it?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:14 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Was just at the A17 Lounge. While it has a somewhat more "upscale" look, it's about 1/3rd of the size it used to be. All the great views are gone. What happened to the rest of it?
They are renovating the rest of it and adding showers.

The new look is attractive, but very tan. I was never a fan of the blue tinted glass. There are fewer windows in the section of the club that's open now.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes the 'new' part of A17 is now open, so the entrance is immediately when you get off the elevator instead of walking down the hall. Nice they have a self serve soda station and it is up to date looking and a bar you can sit at. Plus the automatic door to the bathrooms are nice.

The other part as mentioned is being renovated and when done will open and be connected to the part that is accessible now. FYI - showers were already added several years ago to the original side, they just never opened since Covid hit.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I like the new club so far. Food selection has somewhat improved too, but for some reason, BOS has a smaller buffet selection than any SC I currently frequent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.