Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

10 SWUs for PM + DM 2010 now available on choice's website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 SWUs for PM + DM 2010 now available on choice's website

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Mariott Plat, HH Diam
I know that we many times think that companies have bad intention and that they do not listen but I want to think that in this instance delta heard what people were saying and made a change in courses and for me, they get a lot of credit for that, even if it took some time. I think that they are trying to listen to us as they have done with the travel with a team promotion and again they should get some credit for that.

I have to say that it is facinating to me that with this being a good thing and Delta having done the right thing, the thread only has 4 pages of comments, while if this had been a "bash Delta thread" it would probably already have 10 pages by now.

Anyway, thanks Delta for the extra choice!
Old Mar 29, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Works foor me too. Now I don't know what to do with the second choice. Good problem to have though...
Old Mar 29, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
While I am truly glad that the new DMs got 10 SWUs as was promised...as a "new PM" only getting 4 seems to be a bit of a kick in the pants...

-=tg=-
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:40 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
SWUs

I had seen some reference to the "improved" SWUs (and couldn't tell if it was sarcastic or not), but aren't they the same crap as last year? Only useful for modest-budget travelers for maybe Hawaii...?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by LGA
I had seen some reference to the "improved" SWUs (and couldn't tell if it was sarcastic or not), but aren't they the same crap as last year? Only useful for modest-budget travelers for maybe Hawaii...?
"Improved", "enhanced", or "best in class" are all words used recklessly by DL with usually little or no substantiation. These are the same highly restricted PMUs as in the past, except that they can supposedly be redeemed on day of departure. For details on the PMUs (which DL now calls SWUs), visit https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...erts/index.jsp
Old Mar 30, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Has anyone that got the message letting them know they had already made their selection been successful at being able to redeem the additional benefit?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Originally Posted by Juanefny
Has anyone that got the message letting them know they had already made their selection been successful at being able to redeem the additional benefit?
Yes. Even though the SWUs I chose were deposited into my account the next day, I got a confirmation e-mail from DL two days later.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by jaimemayo
Yes. Even though the SWUs I chose were deposited into my account the next day, I got a confirmation e-mail from DL two days later.
No, what I mean is that I was only able to choose two benefits (as diamond for 2010). This threads states that some people have been able to go back and choose an additional one for having been Platinum before Diamond. When I try to go back and do this it just states that I have made a previous choice.

I see some others have encountered this problem. Has anyone been able to overcome it?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM+Reserve, JJ Blue
Worked for me, too - my thanks to everyone!
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
No, what I mean is that I was only able to choose two benefits (as diamond for 2010). This threads states that some people have been able to go back and choose an additional one for having been Platinum before Diamond. When I try to go back and do this it just states that I have made a previous choice.

I see some others have encountered this problem. Has anyone been able to overcome it?
Same here. I was not given additional PM choice benefit options...
Old Mar 30, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
I have not selected my DM choices for 2010 as of yet. I also have not received the vaunted email or the additional 2010 PM choices.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:14 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
"Improved", "enhanced", or "best in class" are all words used recklessly by DL with usually little or no substantiation. These are the same highly restricted PMUs as in the past, except that they can supposedly be redeemed on day of departure. For details on the PMUs (which DL now calls SWUs), visit https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...erts/index.jsp
Thank you. I had read the details again this year, but my brain did not "CompareRite"/redline and see the minuscule difference in the Ts & Cs.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:08 pm

For those of you who were in my situation....

Here's the official response from a credible source:
Hello Mr Juanefny,

It is nice hearing from you again.

Actually, the members who received the extra Platinum Medallion Choice Benefits selection were part of the group that were requalifying Platinum Medallion members from the previous year. Meaning, they did not get a Platinum Medallion credentials package during 2009. It looks like you received a Platinum Medallion credentials package in 2009, as a new Platinum member (with Platinum Medallion Upgrade Certificates - which this targeted group did not receive) and then you went on to receive the Diamond Medallion credentials package in March 2010 with Choice Benefit selections.

Thanks and my best regards
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Meaning, they did not get a Platinum Medallion credentials package during 2009.
Is this true? Yes, I did receive a platinum card and welcome package in 2009. Others didn't?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Here's the official response from a credible source:
Hello Mr Juanefny,

It is nice hearing from you again.

Actually, the members who received the extra Platinum Medallion Choice Benefits selection were part of the group that were requalifying Platinum Medallion members from the previous year. Meaning, they did not get a Platinum Medallion credentials package during 2009. It looks like you received a Platinum Medallion credentials package in 2009, as a new Platinum member (with Platinum Medallion Upgrade Certificates - which this targeted group did not receive) and then you went on to receive the Diamond Medallion credentials package in March 2010 with Choice Benefit selections.

Thanks and my best regards
Ok, so if this is the reasoning (which makes sense to me...):

DL: What about current PMs that re-qualified in 2009? Some of us didn't get new 2009 PM packets at re-qualification either...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.