Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre Flight Beverage Service, fading fast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre Flight Beverage Service, fading fast

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:56 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jrl767
the thread title is “Preflight Beverage Service - Fading Fast”

I posted an instance COMPLETELY in keeping with the title, and followed up with the FA’s “rationale” — which I fully expected to generate commentary

that said, I suppose I shouldn’t be too surprised at the direction of the conversation, because “Slam the OP, and dissect OP’s motivation in posting” is becoming a more and more common M.O. for more and more DL FTers
I don't know how you could possibly consider a simple question about how you handled the situation as a slam. You wanted to share a story, you got someone who was interested in the incident and wanted to talk to you about it and you're offended. OK.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by pvn
I don't know how you could possibly consider a simple question about how you handled the situation as a slam. You wanted to share a story, you got someone who was interested in the incident and wanted to talk to you about it and you're offended. OK.
The implication of your posts puts the onus on the OP to act in compelling/requesting a service whereas DL does not put that same onus on the customer. DL's policy is to offer a PDB to each FC customer proactively, not reactively.

By your logic, every time a flight is delayed, OP should walk up to the flight deck and demand not only an explanation regarding the delay, but also demand that the Captain pull chalks and get on that runway because unless OP has acted proactively and not reactively, they forfeit any right to complain about the service offered.

Rolling Dasani bottles, gimme' a break...
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:02 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
The implication of your posts puts the onus on the OP to act in compelling/requesting a service whereas DL does not put that same onus on the customer. DL's policy is to offer a PDB to each FC customer proactively, not reactively.
No, it does not put the onus on the OP.

You're confusing my question about what the OP actually did with some sort of declaration of what the delta policy should be.

The question is "GIVEN that there was a deviation from policy, what happened next?"

By your logic, every time a flight is delayed, OP should walk up to the flight deck and demand not only an explanation regarding the delay, but also demand that the Captain pull chalks and get on that runway because unless OP has acted proactively and not reactively, they forfeit any right to complain about the service offered.

I never once suggested that the OP should not have complained, that's all made up in someone's head.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by pvn
The implication of your posts puts the onus on the OP to act in compelling/requesting a service whereas DL does not put that same onus on the customer. ...

By your logic ... unless OP has acted proactively and not reactively, they forfeit any right to complain about the service offered.
thank you for weighing in first

​​​​​​​@pvn — I’m less offended by the question than I am perplexed by (a) the probing tone and (2) why you even deemed it necessary to ask; we obviously have different views of where the “TMI” threshold is located in terms of relevance

that said, though, I give you full credit for not phrasing it “You should have ...” (as is the hallmark of several regular DL FTers who shall remain nameless ...)
​​​​​​​
yah, that was pretty low on the ladder of credibility
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:19 am
pvn
Suspended

dude, if you don't want people to respond to your posts, you should probably get a blog instead of posting on a message board.

The reason I deemed it "necessary to ask" is that I'm wondering what sort of pushback an FA who is slacking on the job will give when actually asked to provide the thing that was supposed to be provided.

I mean, I already answered this in post #957 . Sheesh.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by pvn
Why didn't you ask before pushback?
Is not the same statement/question as this:

Originally Posted by pvn
No, it does not put the onus on the OP.

[...]

The question is "GIVEN that there was a deviation from policy, what happened next?"
"Why didn't you" is not the same as "what happened"...
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:40 am
pvn
Suspended

I mean, sure, it's not the same, sorry, I should have said "I really would have liked to have seen how she reacted if you had asked"

oh, wait, I said that.

Anyway, I've learned a good lesson today, when something goes wrong the best thing to do is just silently sit there and stew about it.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
And... another thread is driven OT by snarky post intolerance.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:30 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
And... another thread is driven OT by snarky post intolerance.
I mean, let's not pretend like any crucial information was being transmitted in this thread to begin with.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Kudos to the SkyWest FA on Sunday night who turned around a late arriving CR7 and still easily cranked through a full round of full PDB before Group 3 had finished boarding. It was her last flight before a week in Hawaii so that might have added to her very pleasant demeanor.
CHOPCHOP767 and ACCDraw like this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Delayed flight RNO - SLC (mechanical). Two PDB’s
Delayed flight SLC - SNA (mechanical). One PDB
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was served PDBs with a smile on each of the three segments on which I was upgraded last week: LAX-LAS; LAS-DTW; and DTW-DCA.
ACCDraw likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I had an "almost PDB" this morning on the 0600 DCA-JFK on Endeavor Air. We were basically finished with boarding by 0542, and the FAs were standing around with nothing to do. Finally one of them asked me if I wanted something, and I said "yes", as this is one of the best parts of an upgrade. She then made an executive decision not to bring it to me after standing around for 5 minutes (and she did not bother to ask the other 11 people in F whether they wanted a PDB); she then came back and told me she would bring it to me in the air. She did bring me my requested drink within 10 minutes of wheels up.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I was on a flight ATL-DAL and it became quite clear as FAs were chatting in the galley that they didn't intend to do a PDB service, so when one walked through the cabin heading to the back after everyone had boarded I asked for some club soda with a lime. If looks could kill... She turned around and went back up to the front and after a few min the other two flight attendants started taking drink orders. I honestly don't get the attitude you get when asking them for something before they ask you if you need it. It's the same attitude you get if you ever ring the call button...
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
I was on a flight ATL-DAL and it became quite clear as FAs were chatting in the galley that they didn't intend to do a PDB service, so when one walked through the cabin heading to the back after everyone had boarded I asked for some club soda with a lime. If looks could kill... She turned around and went back up to the front and after a few min the other two flight attendants started taking drink orders. I honestly don't get the attitude you get when asking them for something before they ask you if you need it. It's the same attitude you get if you ever ring the call button...
Please send a complaint to DL about this. This is absolutely ridiculous that the crew even gave you an attitude. Be sure to include your flight route, date, and flight #.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.