Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre Flight Beverage Service, fading fast

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre Flight Beverage Service, fading fast

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jeet
+1
FAs who are on their game know when to block the passenger flow. This also helps avoid creating a bottleneck in economy aisle.

This is how I have seen on almost all flights on delta - 1 quick pass without blocking the flow to take all orders and convey them to the galley, and then 4(or 5 depending on FC rows) strategic blocks to hold boarding passengers at the door and get drinks served one row at a time.
When FC don't all board early it's not quite that easy.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I was on a DTW/LAS flight last Friday that was delayed by almost 3 hours on a wide body that boarded through 1L and they managed to get a PDB done and still board pretty fast. There was an FA in both of the aisles and as people were sitting down in F they were grabbing jackets right away and asking if they wanted anything to drink.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
When FC don't all board early it's not quite that easy.
On majority of my flights I have seen few seats (may be 2-3) filling up late, stragglers or connecting pax, but still everyone got their PDBs.
There were few occasions where a late coming passenger was ignored totally. I suspect FAs knew them to be non revs
Old May 26, 2016, 5:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Three flights this week which were all full all with slightly late boarding:

- DL 2445 DAL-ATL 717-200: Full PDB ^^ (Redcoat came on the plane for Vols, I walked off holding the drink)
- DL 2261 DAL-ATL 717:200: Full PDB ^^
- DL 1077 ATL-RDU MD-800: Full PDB ^^ FA even offered those who said they'd stick with water ice
Old May 30, 2016, 9:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I hadn't seen this technique before: during PREM boarding of an MD88 today, FA asked everyone on their way onto the aircraft what seat they were in, then if they wanted a PDB. Was mildly awkward when the person behind me responded "I'm in Comfort+"...

PDBs were then brought out in gaps during the rest of boarding per usual.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
two FAs taking and filling PDB orders on DL1067 (PDX-DTW, 753) last night ... I could have probably had a second Woodford had I been concentrating on finishing the first one faster
Old May 31, 2016, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Two FAs providing full PDBs on ATL-DTW this morning.

Side note: I've gotten too used to the M88s and M90s going up and down the East coast lately. Forgot how nice the 757s are for domestic hops!
Old May 31, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Friday afternoon there was a PDB on my original DTW/MDW flight. A maintenance issue came up after we had to return to the gate for a maintenance issue. While we were at the gate the ground crew brought a couple big bottles of water on board and the FA was serving water to passengers in economy and the FA up front offered another round of drinks on the ground to first. We ended up deplaning and it was quicker to get on the next flight than wait on mine and unfortunately I didn't clear into first on that (had seat 4B which had a lot more leg room and ended up being a better seat) and I noticed no PDB was done up front on that flight.

ORD/DTW yesterday there was a PDB. On that flight I noticed there seem to be a break between people boarding so the FA was able to get through the aisle more easily to serve first. When we were in the air the service wasn't that great though no offers were made for refills (short flight and I was drinking Fresca so really didn't care), they used plastic cups and the guy behind me was drinking beer and complained to the FA it wasn't cold and apparently no cold beer was catered on the flight.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: DL DM
Was on a round trip LGA-CLE on CR7 / CR9 this weekend in seat 1A. Got PDB both ways and those little planes were well-stocked with Woodford.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
PDBs were well served on both IAD-MSP and MSP-STL Monday morning.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by stencil
Was on a round trip LGA-CLE on CR7 / CR9 this weekend in seat 1A. Got PDB both ways and those little planes were well-stocked with Woodford.
Lucky you. ^

Recent flight, and not on a small plane. We did get Woodfords for the PDB. But, then the FC FA announced that 6 of us were drinking Woodfords, and that we had consumed all six mini-bottles that had been catered.... a gracious two bottles per cart.

Another example of wanting to increase sales of FC tickets without considering what FC service actually means.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Lucky you. ^

Recent flight, and not on a small plane. We did get Woodfords for the PDB. But, then the FC FA announced that 6 of us were drinking Woodfords, and that we had consumed all six mini-bottles that had been catered.... a gracious two bottles per cart.

Another example of wanting to increase sales of FC tickets without considering what FC service actually means.
What a crying same...it is an airplane ride, not an open bar...
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Also, I've never seen that many people drinking the Woodford, so [anecdotally] that seems like a really high percentage. I usually always do, but it's rare I hear anyone around me ordering drinks with Woodford.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
What a crying same...it is an airplane ride, not an open bar...
Welcome back. I have missed you. Everyone else here is so unpredictable in their posts.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
6/6 on PDB the last two weeks. Plus on today's extremely short (28 minutes wheels up to wheels down) jump, F got beverage service and a quick pass of the snack basket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.