FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Diamond Desk telephone wait time for service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1064209-delta-diamond-desk-telephone-wait-time-service.html)

hockeystl Mar 17, 2010 4:17 pm

Delta Diamond Desk telephone wait time for service

Wow, longest wait time ever when calling elite service...

Today I called the designated DM number (ending in 888) for the first time since getting DM status.... I inputted my SkyMiles # then I waited...and waited....and waited...

Is there a problem with the call system or is this the wait time that should be expected going forward?

The first call was made at 16:45 today with a wait time for the line to be answered 6 minutes. The call was routed to an agent in SLC who had an accent so thick I had to terminate the call to call back.

The second call was initiated at 16:55 today and the wait time to be connected was 8 minutes. This agent (also in SLC) efficiently processed the simple seat change request for my traveling companion.

When calling the Plat line, I'd estimate my usual hold time to be about 15-20 seconds. I'm very disappointed with today's experience and hope it will not be like this going forward. I may have to request a downgrade to Plat status so my calls will get answered in a timely manner. :(

Crazy4Birds Mar 17, 2010 4:25 pm

I think they are monitoring this as they adjust their staffing to the new Elite levels---I called twice yesterday, and waited only 10 sec once and 20 sec the second time. Incredibly polite and efficient service, WAY above what I experienced with the Plat line in terms of competence. Both agents were in SLC, and both were just excellent. They did have the phone survey activated, so hopefully you were able to utilize that today and give them feedback on the wait time....

WBurcham Mar 17, 2010 4:27 pm

My call today was an immediate pickup....

DLFlyer16 Mar 17, 2010 4:35 pm

I called earlier today and was actually rather annoyed to wait a minute or so then be asked to fill out a survey, to which my NO was not registered, prompting the question again. It was 2 minutes before I got to a person. This was not the service I expected on the Diamond line

orlandodlplat Mar 17, 2010 4:41 pm

I too have been less than impressed by the DM line. I find that the system NEVER recognizes my Skymiles number on the first try. I also can't stand the request to fill out a survey. Does ANYONE ever say yes?

WBurcham Mar 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat (Post 13596200)
I too have been less than impressed by the DM line. I find that the system NEVER recognizes my Skymiles number on the first try. I also can't stand the request to fill out a survey. Does ANYONE ever say yes?

If you hit another key FIRST and then punch in the SM#, it'll recognize.

hockeystl Mar 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat (Post 13596200)
I also can't stand the request to fill out a survey. Does ANYONE ever say yes?

Their voice recognition software is pitiful. I have to talk sloooowly and clearly otherwise it wont get my SM#. It doesnt recognize inputs from either my cell phone or home phone (using VOIP).

I also find the request to answer the survey to be irritating....though I wish I would've said YES today so I could've given a poor rating on the hold times I experienced.

DiverDave Mar 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham (Post 13596106)
My call today was an immediate pickup....

That's because you call your special 1-800-APOLOGIST number. :D

David

WBurcham Mar 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave (Post 13596506)
That's because you call your special 1-800-APOLOGIST number. :D

David

Or I get a special tone ;)

mikelevitt Mar 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Had good service today. Waited about 30 seconds, got the survey question, and then was immediately transferred. Agent was very good, took care of the issue immediately, and that was it. I had opted in for the survey, but it failed and hung up. The agent sounded Japanese. Maybe the deal with the accents is that they're staffing the elite line with multilinguals - and using them on elite calls when not needed for foreign language calls?

USAF_Pride Mar 17, 2010 5:50 pm

Only a platinum, but the last time I called in about 20 days ago was 20 minutes. The next day it was 25 minutes.

decibel08 Mar 17, 2010 5:57 pm

the two times i have called i waited about 15 seconds each and got the same person also (called about a week apart). wouldn't that be a fun feature if you always got routed to the same phone agent ? assuming you liked them ...

gatechange Mar 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Wait times not been bad for me BUT If I wanted hotels or car rental I would call may hotel or car rental CS numbers..I HATE the consant upsale pitches DL has on the SM calls.. and I think you get better service if you opt in for the survey.... :)

CaseyN2 Mar 17, 2010 6:43 pm

Called three times this afternoon, immediate pick-up after sm# etc. and great friendly service.
Keep it up Delta.

WBurcham Mar 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by gatechange (Post 13596676)
Wait times not been bad for me BUT If I wanted hotels or car rental I would call may hotel or car rental CS numbers..I HATE the consant upsale pitches DL has on the SM calls.. and I think you get better service if you opt in for the survey.... :)

The "upsale" is for their partners who pay DL for the transfers. If you get a good agent, say "yes I need XYZ" and they will transfer you.

This helps the AGENTS (they must have a certain % of transfers) and IIRC get benefits as well.