Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DM Dept. to FO Dept: "We got it covered!"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis

I assume many DM's are MM's and thus it seems silly to receive the DM card and tags to shortly after receive the MM FO card and tags (By the way, the two (FO card and DM card) look much more similar than in previous years). You would think DL would find a way to either put the "M" on the Diamond card/tags or just assume that if you are DM, you ain't gonna put SM tags on your bags (if you are into that!) - Silly IMHO, and a total waste of money. After fishing out the 4 drink coupons from the FO MM envelope, the rest immediately went to the shredder.

My wife, who is an FO, got an identical letter to mie except for the "DM" replaced with "Silver Medaillion" and no drink coupons.

What did GMs get: 1 drink coupon? and PMs: 2?

Did not give me much confidence in the investment stated to make "DL's best customers" feel special.

And I still don't know whether my two SC access paths (DM and AE DL Reserve Card) will mean anything other than this DM benefit (SC membership) is of no value to those of us who have the DL Reserve card.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I'm a GM I got 4 coupons.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I'm a GM I got 4 coupons.
Lucky you. Still waiting on my 2010 kit.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
I assume many DM's are MM's and thus it seems silly to receive the DM card and tags to shortly after receive the MM FO card and tags (By the way, the two (FO card and DM card) look much more similar than in previous years). You would think DL would find a way to either put the "M" on the Diamond card/tags or just assume that if you are DM, you ain't gonna put SM tags on your bags (if you are into that!) - Silly IMHO, and a total waste of money. After fishing out the 4 drink coupons from the FO MM envelope, the rest immediately went to the shredder.
Not all that silly. The FO card has no expiration date. If, say, you do not make DM status (or PM or GM for that matter) for next year (as I am certain will happen to some of your peers) you will still have the valid FO card. So I hope you did not shred the FO card, too, as that one is not reissued each year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.