Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Card Design

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, DL 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Diamond Card Design

Does anyone feel that the design and colors of the Diamond card look a little crappy and not worthy of its status as the highest Medallion level? It looks similar to what would be expected of a standard issue frequent flyer membership card. I was hoping for some sort of black or equally impressive and enigmatic theme. Slightly disappointed...
Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by DLFlyer16
I was hoping for some sort of black or equally impressive and enigmatic theme.
Maybe it's designed to go with the equally "impressive" and "enigmatic" Diamond Medallion benefits?

Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by DLFlyer16; May 5, 2010 at 10:38 pm
Old Mar 16, 2010, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Agreed...I hate the DM card (and all the other cards). Nothing says "HVC" about it. Whoever the desgin team was on that should be fired.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
Lame. Very, very lame.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Who cares what the card looks like? I want to feel like DM status is worth something. So far, I'm sad to say, I'm not impressed.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Delta cards

Originally Posted by DLFlyer16
Does anyone feel that the design and colors of the Diamond card look a little crappy and not worthy of its status as the highest Medallion level? It looks similar to what would be expected of a standard issue frequent flyer membership card. I was hoping for some sort of black or equally impressive and enigmatic theme. Slightly disappointed...
I agree on the dissappointment with the DM card colors !, BUT the new brown silver Sky club card is good, its very close to the new marriott PT card in color.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Pretty much everyone...
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
I think its hideous

Nothing about the design of the card or luggage tags I received says "Diamond Medallion" not even a little bit.

Seemed so logical and simple a few years back when the NW Elite tags and cards were like looked like these:

Silver (super bright/light bluish metallic look)
Gold (metallic gold looking card)
Platinum (metallic platinum looking card)

One would assume that the Diamond card would be black or dark with metallic writing or some sort of sparkly fantastic looking writing (I'm thinking along the lines of what the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card looks like. (for those of you who know, its attractive).

I'm one of those fools who has their elite luggage tag on my carry on computer backpack and I think it looks super tacky on my bag with it's baby blue border and white background. Fairmont Hotels just sent me their "premier" luggage tags the other day, i might just use them as they look soooo much nicer than the diamond medallion ones, or I could just put the platinum ones back on from one of the last 10 years or so.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:05 pm

is there an image online somewhere of all 4 of the credentials for this year ? i saw some tags on bags last week but the trim looked sort of silver and not blue so i was wondering if the silver medallion tags look similar.

google image search has been fruitless. anyone ?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
Looks like my 6 year old designed it in her art class!! Very week!!
must be the same person who designed the small blue DELTA letters that go on BIG airplanes..
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Diamond, US Airways Dividend Miles Platinum
I would love to be able to comment on my card but, even thought I cleared the DM qualifications last October, my cards STILL haven't arrived...
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Cannot comment but I do think your benefits are nothing to crow about, so maybe the card should not be so wonderful either.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by jbcarioca
Cannot comment but I do think your benefits are nothing to crow about, so maybe the card should not be so wonderful either.
this kind of post makes me wonder. first off it admits the poster has no perspective for contribution and then goes on to provide negativity anyway.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

These are the kinds of folks that get off on talking about things they don't know about. It occludes our political, financial, and scientific progress. As a rebuttal, its not as though DL sat there and said - let's make an inferior Medallion level, and we better not make the card anything great either. That would be ludicrous.

I feel as though it was just a shortfall on DL design standards

Originally Posted by jbcarioca

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.