Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expanded Preferred Seats in Coach

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Thumbs up Expanded Preferred Seats in Coach

Taking a quick look at some of my itineraries, but I'm noticing a lot more preferred seats on the seat map for upcoming flights.

Some flights don't see anything changing, but other flights (primarily ones at heavy business travel times on busy routes) have several (in one case, I think 20 rows or so!) blocked for only elites/full Y fares to select.

This is a huge step up from only having the first two non-bulkhead rows of coach (plus exit rows) being reserved for elites.

A major improvement for elites out there that book late and now have a much better chance of getting a window/aisle seat instead of getting a middle! Nice work Delta!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I didnt think it was just full Y fares; I thought premium seats were accessible to anyone on a "premium" fare (M, B or Y).

Good to hear regardless.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:52 pm
cfw

Programs: UA, DL, LH, Marriott, Amex
How much extra space are they calling a "preferred" seat? Or are these just standard economy seats in the front of the plane?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by cfw
How much extra space are they calling a "preferred" seat? Or are these just standard economy seats in the front of the plane?
Just standard seats but near the front and a bunch of aisles.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Thanks DL but please add bulkheads to the P list. It won't cost you a dime and will please a bunch of FF'ers.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
Thanks DL but please add bulkheads to the P list. It won't cost you a dime and will please a bunch of FF'ers.
Sadly, I doubt it'll happen. It's hard coded for restriction within 4 hours of departure (usually about an hour however, whenever an agent takes primary control of a flight) and even REZ has a hard time getting those seats for passengers with special needs.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
Originally Posted by skoker
Sadly, I doubt it'll happen. It's hard coded for restriction within 4 hours of departure (usually about an hour however, whenever an agent takes primary control of a flight) and even REZ has a hard time getting those seats for passengers with special needs.
Agreed that I'd love to see Row 5 back on the A319/A320/DC-9s - hopefully they can find a way to reprogram that little part...
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mersk862
Agreed that I'd love to see Row 5 back on the A319/A320/DC-9s - hopefully they can find a way to reprogram that little part...
Bring back row 5, the best Y seats on the A319/20 and arguably better than F...
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
You'da think somebody would have thought of that when they moved those aircraft from PARS to Deltamatic... (and yes, before somebody calls me out, I know that only the DC-9 is out of WorldFlight...so far)
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Am I missing something here. Wouldn't it be better to block off all the aisle seats and maybe a few window and fewer middle seats? In my book, Row 31 aisle is preferable to Row 11 middle. Is that just me?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Bring back row 5, the best Y seats on the A319/20 and arguably better than F...
Row Five, Row Five, Row Five!!!!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Am I missing something here. Wouldn't it be better to block off all the aisle seats and maybe a few window and fewer middle seats? In my book, Row 31 aisle is preferable to Row 11 middle. Is that just me?
+1
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Yes, but if all that is left are middles I'd certainly prefer that a non-status passenger be forced to pick a middle seat in the back.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Bring Row Five back to Life!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Bring Row Five back to Life!
Me 2 me 2 ^ ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.