Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earning MQMs on TCV (Trasportation Credit Voucher)

Earning MQMs on TCV (Trasportation Credit Voucher)

Old Mar 14, 10, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question Earning MQMs on TCV (Trasportation Credit Voucher)

Hi All,

I got a $200 voucher from DL in an email due to some serious mechanical problems on a recent flight. I've read in previous posts that these TCVs don't accrue MQMs. But as I was reading through the terms & conditions to this voucher, it says NOTHING about mileage credit whether it be earning or NOT earning MQMs. Then again, some people have reported that they've earned MQMs while paying part of their ticket with an electronic voucher.

Does anyone know the rules, terms, and conditions surrounding this voucher? Or, better yet, is there anyone who can direct me to a written policy detailing these rules about earning mileage with these types of vouchers? As a former NWA flyer, I knew that using these vouchers did NOT preclude one from earning MQMs. You didn't earn miles when you accepted the voucher in the form of a "free ticket" rather than airfare credit.

Thanks, FT!
Old Mar 14, 10, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Just experience, can't find anything on DL.com, I've ALWAYS earned MQMs when using vouchers for travel.
Old Mar 14, 10, 1:16 pm

When you go to use to book a ticket using this voucher, the website gives a vague message about maybe not earning miles, upgrades, or MQMs. However, my experience is that you will earn MQM's, miles, and upgrades (if applicable). It is really just another form a payment to pay for a airline ticket (and is treated the same as a credit card payment). I guess this could change down the road, but no one has reported a real life instance of this.

Happydad
Old Mar 14, 10, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Mariott Plat, HH Diam
They do earn MQM. From a conversation I had with a delta phone agent abou this and he mention that the only ecredits that do not earn MQM are the ones that are generated by someone who used "Pay with Miles" and then made a change to their ticket.

Search this Thread