Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

PHX-JFK service swiyching from 738 to 752

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:28 am
Original Poster

I was looking forward to my trip to London via New York in a few weeks - for many reasons including the fact that it seemed that the PHX-JFK leg was served by 738s with AVOD. But it looks like they replaced these now with 752s

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL746

Anyone more knowledgeable care to comment if this is a temporary switch or perhaps the route is serviced by both panes?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
757s >>>> 738s. I don't know what the is all about.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by avkillick
I was looking forward to my trip to London via New York in a few weeks - for many reasons including the fact that it seemed that the PHX-JFK leg was served by 738s with AVOD. But it looks like they replaced these now with 752s

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL746

Anyone more knowledgeable care to comment if this is a temporary switch or perhaps the route is serviced by both panes?
I took that flight once and it was a 737-8 but no AVOD. I am sure they rotate ac through that route so you have a 50% shot at AVOD on the 737 anyway since about half of them do not have AVOD.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I think DL will have to be swapped from 738 to 757 aircraft JFK-PHX. I believe the loads are very high during Spring Break vacations. It should be done extremely performance very well.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hertz Gold
I've taken the flight enough to know that the 752's are used in the spring in hopes of filling them with spring breakers, it goes back to 738 (winglets)into the summer and fall and winter.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
757s >>>> 738s. I don't know what the is all about.
Live TV
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Live TV
power outlets in F, Wifi, Better seats... the reasons the 73H is better are insurmountable compared to the 752 that they use during the spring.. that flight gets very boring very quickly without AVOD or in-seat power.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FOFlyer
power outlets in F, Wifi, Better seats... the reasons the 73H is better are insurmountable compared to the 752 that they use during the spring.. that flight gets very boring very quickly without AVOD or in-seat power.
Most of them have GoGo right? I was on one yesterday SLC-LAX and it had wifi. My battery will last 2-3 hours so the power is no big deal to me.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:20 pm

Most of them have GoGo right? I was on one yesterday SLC-LAX and it had wifi. My battery will last 2-3 hours so the power is no big deal to me.
They have gogo but JFK to PHX is a nearly 5 hour flight, the batteries will usually die about 3 hours into the flight. It just gets really boring, generally (on that equipment) its the flight I mingle with the FA's on.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:23 pm

IIRC the entire domestic (PMDL) fleet has GoGo
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by FOFlyer
They have gogo but JFK to PHX is a nearly 5 hour flight, the batteries will usually die about 3 hours into the flight. It just gets really boring, generally (on that equipment) its the flight I mingle with the FA's on.
Sheesh, what did you do before Wifi and AVOD? Bring a magazine, book and an ipod, or get a proper laptop with good battery life.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Sheesh, what did you do before Wifi and AVOD? Bring a magazine, book and an ipod, or get a proper laptop with good battery life.
Macbook Pro has a estimated battery life of 6 hours, in reality of use (with Wifi) you get more like 3. what exactly would proper battery life (with wifi) be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.