Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Please Sign: Petition to Delta for Lower Tier Skymiles First/Biz Seats

Please Sign: Petition to Delta for Lower Tier Skymiles First/Biz Seats

Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, AS
+1

Have miles. Will (i.e. would like to) travel.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA
signed.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by ranchero
New to this forum but I have been an "FF" since American and United originally introduced these programs way back in the early '80s after there had just been a strike.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Signed, even though I have walked away from the program over precisely this issue and taken my business to *A and AS... hope I still count.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 7:10 pm
Formerly known as god_forbids

Programs: DL Kettle
Angry

Add me to the (black?)list! Currently experiencing RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE trying to book FUK-HNL through Delta's broken-... website. Seriously folks, this is just terrible.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: AS 75k
+1

can we get to 1,000?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 7:32 pm

+1

Originally Posted by vgb2001
signed!
And please, for international flight inlcude domestic portions as well. For example, I can find SLC / CDG BE low tier easily, but I can't find the SAN/SLC portion. So I have to buy a ticket to SLC to be able to use miles out of SLC...
Hopefully you didn't pay Delta for the SAN/SLC portion. They don't deserve your money by being stingy on the low tier domestic portion.

I will start booking away from Delta for the rest of the year until they re-institute low tier awards and that calendar is fixed.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
+1

Duh!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Delta GM, CO GE
signed

+1^

Count me in big time. Just tried, for the first time, to use that award calendar everyone is remarking on, holy cow what frigging mess!

Just as a an aside, I wanted to fly to Jackson MS (DTW-JAN) this weekend to see my girl friend and they want 800-1K in an RJ 100 as K fare!!!! So I tried using miles...well I am not seeing the GF this weekend they want ....70K miles, plus 150 process fee, plus tax. You got to be kidding DL!! Actually a nice example of de-hubbing in way, the non-stop is an insufferable once per day (the horrid RJ) flight, often late, everything else is even more expensive or cheaper but very time consuming (like a day of flying) and one could make CDG in less time as its all via Atlanta and hours of traveling to fly a only 900 miles. Sometimes one can get home faster via MEM but not so easy. DL has a lock. Don't want to defect to Southwest but will do so for this particular flight from now on....but that is chore in way too. CO is out of the solar system price-wise. Sure wish she lived somewhere else

Does anyone know if you can just book coach and upgrade using miles like we used to in NW? If one did this (not using the so-called perk saver) you would get EQM too. Does DL do this....?

Last edited by Himmelhund; Mar 9, 2010 at 8:12 pm
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
I fly out of pocket. I have paid myself for every dime of every NW/DL flight flown, and I have kept shooting for elite and the miles for one purpose: to book TATL business class for my parents (ages 74 & 80) who live in Europe, for their annual trip to the states (with their intermittent health issues it's hard to be sure of plans, but I sure do want them some comfort when they can manage to come and visit their friends and family here).

With NW I would book the full 11 months in advance at 100k each in Business; sometimes I would pay for a change to get them the most fluid options, but always got something that they could physically negotiate.

Now I'm sitting on 400k miles and wondering if I should maybe find a way to use the miles to buy them some magazines, so that they will have something to do at home.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:08 pm

+1 to the OP

Originally Posted by MShea74
Add me to the list, but I have no dreams of Delta doing anything either competitive or right for their business. As I have posted previously, despite being a newly minted DM with them my lack of faith in their ethics sends me to CO and WN for over 90% of my domestic travel.

Although they will inevitably say that they "read" and "hear" this thread, nothing will change. They are very commited to staying their course and destroying as many customer relationships as possible, as quickly as possible.
and +1 to this as well
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, UA MM 1K, MR Titanium Lifetime
Signed.

DL please look at AA website and notice the following:

1) Calendar that works and shows actual availability
2) Notice the low mileage required for First/Biz seats??
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Signed...FWIW...
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
I agree with you all and vote +1
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by bl4666
Signed.

DL please look at AA website and notice the following:

1) Calendar that works and shows actual availability
2) Notice the low mileage required for First/Biz seats??
+1 on the petition and this post!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.