Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

Old May 1, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: Blinged Out
This new process was in use in T4 over the weekend.

My only gripe involves being SP and boarding late. There's no rug or designated area where I can cut in line like the old system. I had to improvise on Saturday by walking up to where PREM area boards.

Of course, the grumbles from zone 2-3 people wondering why someone is cutting is priceless...
Old May 4, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
Ha! Indeed! The Red Coat for our departure in DUB was a rather pasty-looking, slightly overweight, middle-aged man. He was so funny! It was a real pleasure watching him work.
I'm curious what kind of pasty he looked like.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gooselee
I feel like I just got an email from them in the past week announcing the new boarding process (with the posts) rolling out to all of ATL. This was more recent than the early March announcement.

But as I search through my email, I can't find it. I distinctly remember reading it and thinking "Oh, I guess they're moving past the trial period."
Must be coming about fairly slowly, it wasn't in place in E last Sunday.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by CMK10
Must be coming about fairly slowly, it wasn't in place in E last Sunday.
Nor A yesterday.....
Old May 12, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Originally Posted by makeUturn
Attachment 25765
BNA Gate 5 waiting to board the flight to ATL BEFORE the incoming aircraft has even arrived. For some reason, this is one of the worst gates at any airport for gate lice and I have seen this same scenario several times. It gets even worse once the incoming plane has parked at the gate. I often observe deplaning passengers having to weave their way through the crowd waiting to board.
Amen to that! I usually hang out across the hall near Gate B4 to get away from the herd!
Old May 12, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Maybe they make this PA...

"We will not board until everyone is seated or away from the boarding area"

I know this is utopia!
Old May 20, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
At MCO right now, JFK, DTW, IND and LAX all boarding here at the end of the terminal. This is the worst I have ever scene here at MCO.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
I just politely ask people that are blocking me whether they are prem or sky priority. If they say no, I ask if they mind if i move ahead of them so i can board. Seems like it works pretty efficiently and nobody gets bent out of shape.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I just politely ask people that are blocking me whether they are prem or sky priority. If they say no, I ask if they mind if i move ahead of them so i can board. Seems like it works pretty efficiently and nobody gets bent out of shape.
For DL hubs, sometimes they get so thick it's just easiest to...
Old May 21, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Old May 21, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by EditingFX
For DL hubs, sometimes they get so thick it's just easiest to...
How would one go about obtaining that tag? 😂 I need to replace my worn, aging tags.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
I get this. It makes sense. But, and this is a very personal problem, then I'd have to speak to people. If everyone used common sense and respected the system I wouldn't have to interact with people. I'd much rather continue listening to my music and saving my interactions for the staff working the flight.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by fsuj25
I get this. It makes sense. But, and this is a very personal problem, then I'd have to speak to people. If everyone used common sense and respected the system I wouldn't have to interact with people. I'd much rather continue listening to my music and saving my interactions for the staff working the flight.
I really ... REALLY ... hope sarcasm delimiters are implied, but I fear not

common sense is unfortunately becoming less and less common, pushed out of existence by hyper-focus on electronic stimulation and interaction
Old May 22, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
How would one go about obtaining that tag? 😂 I need to replace my worn, aging tags.
If you need to ask I'm sorry to inform you that you're ineligible.

Next in line, please...

Old May 22, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
If you need to ask I'm sorry to inform you that you're ineligible.

Next in line, please...

Good on you for turning him down.
Now, I have slightly over 1000 posts and despite that being a tad less than yours, I demand you respect mah' authoritah. After all, don't you know who I am?

​​​​​​...Now get me those tags 😂😂😂

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.