Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
No "gate lice" thread in the AA forum, so I thought I'd post here. Was flying MIA - SKB in business. Guy comes up like 40 minutes before boarding and firmly plants himself at the front on the priority lane. I think "ok, he's in business and just a bit eager". They ultimately call business and the guy doesn't move and is literally blocking the priority lane. We, and the other business pax work around him and get seated. I finally see Mr. "I'm first" boarding 40th or so and notice that he is Gold elite. Don't know why people have to inconvenience others....
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
No "gate lice" thread over at UA either, so I'll add my $0.02 here as well. I don't think that one is being a gate louse if one is in FC and there's a legitimate chance that non-FC pax will take up the bins (see post 1445). UA FAs are pretty good at policing this; seems like DL FAs should step up here.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Note that AA doesn’t offer their F pax a PDB. Thanks, now we know why.
AA does offer PDB. Not always, but more often than not.
When I have flown AA, I was offered a water or juice as a PDB. Not quite what you normally get on DL, but not exactly no PDB...
AA official policy is indeed for FULL PDB for First Class passengers. Sadly, most of their FA's believe providing such a service is optional.

There's even an entire thread in the AA forum on this topic: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Osmo
Im putting my husbands hand up as a FC gate lice but that's because we have often rocked up to find First/priority boarding is 30+ deep for only 8-14 FC seats. Even when we are not flying FC, Ive always thought the practise was to let FC board first and then the priorities.

As our flights are usually 8-14hrs long before a domestic connection, we don't mind standing for 30-40mins so I admit, looking through this thread, Ive been looking for photos of hubby. Not found one yet but theres still time.
40 minutes to board. That's commitment!!

We appreciate your candor, and hope you appreciate you are a louse spouse, or splouse, for short.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
40 minutes to board. That's commitment!!

We appreciate your candor, and hope you appreciate you are a louse spouse, or splouse, for short.
I'll accept that and there are 8 US flights in April where FT'ers will have the opportunity to photograph my hubby in FC lice-action.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This man second from the left (pictured at MSP) has the best Gate Lice pose:

Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by CMK10
This man second from the left (pictured at MSP) has the best Gate Lice pose:

Is that Captain Morgan?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Howste
Is that Captain Morgan?
Zorro, without the mask? Thought he would be taller.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Boarding today, couple proudly camped out at the SP lane. He on his phone and her holding 3 Gucci shopping bags. Soon as they call for business class (well first class, sju- atl) she looks to her husband who says "yes we are business" and they rush the podium, scan their passes, and board.....20 e and f. Interestingly the first cabin is more then half empty. 13 empty seats. Meaning they had zero status at all, silver and their companions would have made the upgrade!

*edit ok it's full up here now on standby and nonrevs*

Last edited by xolinlevh; Sep 22, 2015 at 12:08 pm
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Kudos to a GA at JFK last night. At 1:30 PM the 1:59 PM JFK-RDU (CR7) had a line of half a dozen waiting to board. The GA told them that we wouldn't be boarding for another 5-6 minutes and they needed to move out of the way.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Boarding today, couple proudly camped out at the SP lane. He on his phone and her holding 3 Gucci shopping bags. Soon as they call for business class (well first class, sju- atl) she looks to her husband who says "yes we are business" and they rush the podium, scan their passes, and board.....20 e and f. Interestingly the first cabin is more then half empty. 13 empty seats. Meaning they had zero status at all, silver and their companions would have made the upgrade!
Wonderful opportunity for the GA to tell them to return in their proper Zone 3. That would have been worth a JWD if I were there.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by sethb
Wonderful opportunity for the GA to tell them to return in their proper Zone 3. That would have been worth a JWD if I were there.
Or to report the GA if you know for sure they were allowed to board out of zone. I hate doing this, but saying nothing promotes bad behavior.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Or to report the GA if you know for sure they were allowed to board out of zone. I hate doing this, but saying nothing promotes bad behavior.
But there are valid reasons for permitting it.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sethb
But there are valid reasons for permitting it.
pre-board qualified or companion of an earlier zone passenger - in this case, neither applies.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Bicostal
pre-board qualified or companion of an earlier zone passenger - in this case, neither applies.
They weren't pre board, there were several of those who boarded fine while this couple waited for business to be called. I could vaguely see their tickets on their phones enough to see it didn't say "prem" anywhere. I boarded directly after them and as I went to scan my pass saw their info still on the little screen stating 30F. I made an offhand comment to the agent 'row 30 counts as business now?' But she ignored me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.