Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

Old Mar 8, 10, 4:55 pm
  #61  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hopefully on a plane...
Posts: 6,580
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
Both of these flights were going to MCO...... The price of living in paradise...
Paradise? You call this place paradise?
WBurcham is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 5:20 pm
  #62  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LAX/BOS/HKG/AMS/SFO...hmm, I need a life.
Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 13,316
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
Paradise? You call this place paradise?
It's all relative Wburcham. I grew up in the Boston area and I called FL paradise until I realized I could have the temps and sun WITHOUT the humidity in SoCal!
avidflyer is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 5:25 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Spencer Iowa USA
Programs: Long Live NWA Silver Elite,Delta Silver Medallion
Posts: 603
Talking Thanks

Thanks for the headsup on MCO >> NYC. I go back to MSP via NY on Saturday.. I'm in MCO now. My 14 year old questions why I didn't move back to Florida.

You think lice are bad? Try living with palmetto bugs in Florida. That's the Florida name for BIG COCKROACHES.

TBF
thebigfish is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 5:28 pm
  #64  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hopefully on a plane...
Posts: 6,580
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
It's all relative Wburcham. I grew up in the Boston area and I called FL paradise until I realized I could have the temps and sun WITHOUT the humidity in SoCal!
That's a good point. I used to enjoy it here... till I lived in London & Seattle.
WBurcham is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 5:31 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MCO
Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Posts: 8,690
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
Paradise? You call this place paradise?
It beats STL, where I moved from!!!
Crazyhotelguy is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 5:37 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MCO
Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Posts: 8,690
DELETED
Crazyhotelguy is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 5:41 pm
  #67  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hopefully on a plane...
Posts: 6,580
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
TSA. I am sure things will improve then
When I was leaving last night (around 8pm), I saw at least 40 of the Thousands Standing Around. There were basically no departures left for the night yet the checkpoints were about as staffed as the AM rush.
WBurcham is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 6:25 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MCO
Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Posts: 8,690
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
When I was leaving last night (around 8pm), I saw at least 40 of the Thousands Standing Around. There were basically no departures left for the night yet the checkpoints were about as staffed as the AM rush.
Trying to avoid being off topic, but YES>.. TSA MCO is probably one of the worst uses of tax money ever... On Sunday morning, I went through the 1-59 side and only a few of the MANY lines were open.. There were extras just standing around and the lines were a bit lone... Not down to the food court long, but longer than they should with the staff. I see this same thing all the time on the DL side of the terminal.

Yet the mall cops were in full patrol at the gate.. Takes three now... Check this and swab that. ON US AIR!!!! I think even the terrorists try to avoid US!!!
Crazyhotelguy is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 6:28 pm
  #69  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MCO
Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Posts: 8,690
To get this train back on the track....

At LEAST the guy in the original pic was in the Breezeway and one should at least assume he is in FC... If he is not, the entire ZONE 1 has the right to run him over... Next time he will think twice to junp in the way of a DM or PM on a mission...
Crazyhotelguy is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 7:15 pm
  #70  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal, TLS, JAX, MOB, PHF/ORF, PVD
Programs: AA/US ExPlat & 1.05MM, AF C2K, UA dirt
Posts: 3,150
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
Trying to avoid being off topic, but YES>.. TSA MCO is probably one of the worst uses of tax money ever... On Sunday morning, I went through the 1-59 side and only a few of the MANY lines were open.. There were extras just standing around and the lines were a bit lone... Not down to the food court long, but longer than they should with the staff. I see this same thing all the time on the DL side of the terminal.

Yet the mall cops were in full patrol at the gate.. Takes three now... Check this and swab that. ON US AIR!!!! I think even the terrorists try to avoid US!!!
Two things....

...MCO isn't the only place in which there are many TSAs, but very few lines (IAD between 4-7PM)...

...and, yes, I do believe that terrorists try to avoid US--maybe its because of the franzia....
fgirard is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 8:23 pm
  #71  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hopefully on a plane...
Posts: 6,580
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy;
To get this train back on the track....

At LEAST the guy in the original pic was in the Breezeway and one should at least assume he is in FC... If he is not, the entire ZONE 1 has the right to run him over... Next time he will think twice to junp in the way of a DM or PM on a mission...
Good point
WBurcham is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 8:36 pm
  #72  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 7,113
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
If he is not, the entire ZONE 1 has the right to run him over... Next time he will think twice to junp in the way of a DM or PM on a mission...
generally, he won't (think twice next time)... Thus is why at 6'4" and 200 lbs., instead of DYKWIA??, I generally use DYKIBTY?? (don't you know I'm bigger than you??)
GBadger is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 9:06 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UAUA fanboy, JWN Fashion Rewards, HOT, CAR
Posts: 1,739
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
HAHAH Don't hate on franzia though.
dislike. who ARE you?

Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
My better half tried to talk me out of using the F line at JFK yesterday "because the Y line wasn't that long".
"better"? time to trade in or let 'em fly Southwest next time.

Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
The sad thing is that those gate lice are 1Ks and up - meaning they fly enough that they shouldn't be rookies. Must be something funny they're serving in the UA coffee to keep them thinking that way
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
Sounds just like Wireless. When we were at SFO, I had to kick him to keep him from blocking the plush carpet. He said that was what they do on UA. Leave the lounge 15+ minutes before the flight starts boarding so they can be first on the carpet.
First off, I don't stand right in the edge of the red carpet. I hold back and when boarding starts, sigh loudly as I weave around lowly Premiers. It's like a duty free gauntlet but the product moves. They don't own the airline, I do. UA makes millions charging for checked bags, overhead space is a premium and my bag is NOT getting gate checked.

Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
Then again, they don't have free booze in the RCC's so I understand.
Hey, we get free booze sometimes. It might take some fighting with Frau Krumm (sent on loan to United from Lufthansa for her special gruff customer service skills) the lounge dragon/matron, but we can prevail. We're used to demanding compensation.
Wireless is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 9:09 pm
  #74  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: I don't know
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Posts: 14,421
Originally Posted by Wireless View Post
Hey, we get free booze sometimes. It might take some fighting with Frau Krumm (sent on loan to United from Lufthansa for her special gruff customer service skills) the lounge dragon/matron, but we can prevail. We're used to demanding compensation.
Hey...there was a LH rep in the ORD B19 RCC the other day! Maybe some direct training being done at the RCCs now?
mersk862 is offline  
Old Mar 8, 10, 9:11 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal, TLS, JAX, MOB, PHF/ORF, PVD
Programs: AA/US ExPlat & 1.05MM, AF C2K, UA dirt
Posts: 3,150
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
To get this train back on the track....

At LEAST the guy in the original pic was in the Breezeway and one should at least assume he is in FC... If he is not, the entire ZONE 1 has the right to run him over... Next time he will think twice to junp in the way of a DM or PM on a mission...
it could go something like this...

"Sorry, I did not see you; Mr. Lice--the light that was reflecting off of my PM card, as I was 'racing' to the gate as those extra 5 minutes will mean a lot when it comes to getting the pre-departure drink first or third. I do hope you'll accept this form of acknowledgment and remain off to the side until your zone is called, lest get in the way of a PM..."
fgirard is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: