Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

Old Mar 8, 10, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by fgirard View Post
My dear god..... I know about the lice from UA, but what about my fellow cockroaches at US? I haven't seem them in a DL gate area yet...
Speaking of US, I had posted these before in the US forum, but since a lot DL people would never think of going there, I thought that I would post them here for your pleasure.. Here is how the other half lives......

Fist we have CLT where PREBOARD... (People who need assistance down the jetway) has just been called.....

Next we have PHX. Flight to MCO... THEY HAVE NOT CALLED ANY ZONES YET...... The door is not even open...

And you all thought the Breezeway was bad.....

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Mar 8, 10 at 4:11 pm Reason: phrasing
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA/US ExPlat & 1.05MM, AF C2K, UA dirt
There are some gate lice waiting in the breezeway lane for MSP-PVD (delayed for another 30 minutes).... And, they all have FO tags (3 total, 1 is even a US Silver)
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
Speaking of US, I had posted these before in the US forum, but since a lot DL people would never think of going there, I thought that I would post them here for your pleasure.. Here is how the other half deal with things......

Fist we have CLT where PREBOARD... (People who need assistance down the jetway) has just been called.....

Next we have PHX. Flight to MCO... THEY HAVE NOT CALLED ANY ZONES YET...... The door is not even open...

Priceless!
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:15 pm

Speaking of US, I had posted these before in the US forum, but since a lot DL people would never think of going there, I thought that I would post them here for your pleasure.. Here is how the other half lives......

those images bring back memories of old (as well as quite recent)....

...you should see the TATL lines (especially when goEnvoy is available)...
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by runninaway View Post
Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
Why would US elites go to the SkyClub, when they can go to the exciting US Airways club and drink all the Bud Light and Franzia to the heart's content for free?
I've never been in there. Do they decant the Franzia, or just stick a straw in the box?
You think the frat boys running US would spend money on straws?

Old Mar 8, 10, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
:d
Originally Posted by n965vj View Post
you think the frat boys running us would spend money on straws? :d

roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d:d
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:26 pm

This is one of the former NW clubs.. This roach must have visited from US and was so astonished to see a TV, that he had to take if for himself....

BTW, it was Sara Palin on the TV...... I know that is another thread...

Old Mar 8, 10, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ View Post
You think the frat boys running US would spend money on straws?

...straws are too classy for US because as we are designated as SLF, we must provide everything...

...also, you forgot beer--they merely bring out the kegs....
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
I flew Saturday from ATL doesnt matter to where really but I was sitting in one of the chairs right next to the boarding door in the B terminal waiting for my flight. There were a couple of folks doing the line dance to get on the plane first and I just kinda watched and chuckled to myself. Well when the GA called for zone 1 all I had to do was stand take one step and hand her my boarding pass. The first person in the little line saw me start to get up and really quickened his pace to get to the agent. I thought he was either going to cry or his head explode when he wasnt the first on the plane. I think its pretty funny actually...........................
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:34 pm

ONE MORE.........

And if you don't board with the right zone and you get the right GA...This could happen to you!!!

Old Mar 8, 10, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by NDflyer13 View Post
I flew Saturday from ATL doesnt matter to where really but I was sitting in one of the chairs right next to the boarding door in the B terminal waiting for my flight. There were a couple of folks doing the line dance to get on the plane first and I just kinda watched and chuckled to myself. Well when the GA called for zone 1 all I had to do was stand take one step and hand her my boarding pass. The first person in the little line saw me start to get up and really quickened his pace to get to the agent. I thought he was either going to cry or his head explode when he wasnt the first on the plane. I think its pretty funny actually...........................
Sometimes, just to annoy the lice, I'll strike up a conversation with the GA, which distracts her from attending to the lice for a little while at least...

...by the way, a 5th lice has joined them....
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:38 pm

And there was this thread about this subject recently.. MCO ironically enough..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...breezeway.html
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:43 pm

And there was this thread about this subject recently.. MCO ironically enough..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...breezeway.html
...maybe there's something in the water in MCO....
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Both of these, unfortunately, remind me of the MCO - New York flights (or vice / versa). I will take pics next time I'm at the airport, it's terrible.
Old Mar 8, 10, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
Both of these, unfortunately, remind me of the MCO - New York flights (or vice / versa). I will take pics next time I'm at the airport, it's terrible.
Both of these flights were going to MCO...... The price of living in paradise...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: