Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

Old Mar 8, 10, 1:10 pm

NRT-LAX boarding started 55 minutes before departure. The only reason I witnessed that was because I was at the gate checking to see if I could get an empty seat next to me. Had to go to the gate since the skyclub agents are useless in NRT. I went to the gate at 1:30 so maybe they were in line longer than 45 minutes. Crazy!
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA/US ExPlat & 1.05MM, AF C2K, UA dirt
Originally Posted by WBurcham View Post
Of course there was an elite tag. Care to guess which color. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't black, blue or gold.
....oh noes.... a silver?
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fgirard View Post
....oh noes.... a silver?
Who was obviously DL's best customer.

On another, similar, topic:

LOVE WHEN I GET SHOVED OUT OF THE WAY BY 50+ FO's in Y. Nice to see them get turned back and have to wait till zone 2 then see their face as they walk past me in my F seat w/a drink in hand.
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:25 pm

LOVE WHEN I GET SHOVED OUT OF THE WAY BY 50+ FO's in Y. Nice to see them get turned back and have to wait till zone 2 then see their face as they walk past me in my F seat w/a drink in hand.
I've once had a FO cut me off trying to get into the Access No. 1 line at CDG, when he didn't even have a J/P ticket....
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier

I've had quite a few Silvers snare at me when they call Zone 1 by saying "hey kid, they only called first class. You have to wait for non-elites to board in about 10 minutes". That's why I smile, say thanks but I'm a Platinum in First Class so I think I'll board now, all while smiling at them.
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
I've had quite a few Silvers snare at me when they call Zone 1 by saying "hey kid, they only called first class. You have to wait for non-elites to board in about 10 minutes". That's why I smile, say thanks but I'm a Platinum in First Class so I think I'll board now, all while smiling at them.
what if the PM/DM started shoving the FOs out of the way? (taste of their own medicine)
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

I've once had a FO cut me off trying to get into the Access No. 1 line at CDG, when he didn't even have a J/P ticket....
*Sigh*

My better half tried to talk me out of using the F line at JFK yesterday "because the Y line wasn't that long".
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
That is not what I heard. I thought you rolled over them with your roller bag and told them to "step back or they'd need a wheelchair"

*Sigh*

My better half tried to talk me out of using the F line at JFK yesterday "because the Y line wasn't that long".
Was it one of those times in which the Y line was only 5-6 people deep, but then unwittingly takes three times as long as the F line to go through?
Original Poster

what if the PM/DM started shoving the FOs out of the way? (taste of their own medicine)
if?
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Was it one of those times in which the Y line was only 5-6 people deep, but then unwittingly takes three times as long as the F line to go through?
YES there was a woman in a wheelchair and the most INEPT airline employee I've ever seen: (3 odd shaped bags, lots of makeup, bottle of water, 2 laptops, 2 coats) in front of me.
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:38 pm

if?
I try to be as inconspicous as possible, until (especially true when boarding a 777, 767, 757) in which there is a distinct possibility to board through the 2L. When the FOs start to block the aisle trying to fit as much as they can into their seats...then I blow past them--sometimes moving them into their row so I can get to my seat...

...on AF in P, it gets much, much better, especially when they hold the line up if you did not get to board first.... (It is really hilarious to watch the facial expressions of the ST Elites when they question the problem with the line)
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Of course there was an elite tag. Care to guess which color. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't black, blue or gold.
His posture and position are saying "do you know who I am?"

Of course his feet will be throbbing by the time he actually gets to board. This always amazes me....why on earth would you stand in the Breezeway line before called. The breezeway lane is supposed to assure you that you will not have to fight through the masses to get to the AC...this defeats the purpose completely. That is a rookie mistake perpetrated by a seasoned veteran.
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:39 pm

YES there was a woman in a wheelchair and the most INEPT airline employee I've ever seen: (3 odd shaped bags, lots of makeup, bottle of water, 2 laptops, 2 coats) in front of me.
Maybe the employee needs to have their eyes checked?
Old Mar 8, 10, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
His posture and position are saying "do you know who I am?"

Of course his feet will be throbbing by the time he actually gets to board. This always amazes me....why on earth would you stand in the Breezeway line before called. The breezeway lane is supposed to assure you that you will not have to fight through the masses to get to the AC...this defeats the purpose completely. That is a rookie mistake perpetrated by a seasoned veteran.
I thought I had a picture of UA Gate Lice in SFO on my Blackberry but sadly don't. The sad thing is that those gate lice are 1Ks and up - meaning they fly enough that they shouldn't be rookies. Must be something funny they're serving in the UA coffee to keep them thinking that way

Search this Thread
Search Engine: