Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No more Woodford Reserve in the SkyClubs??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold

Say it isn't so at least in ATL and PBI last week...not only did DL drop Woodford's they went straight to Jack Daniels...not even stopping at Makers. I can only hope that this downgrade (IMHO) doesn't happen on the planes.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:27 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mickeyhaas
Say it isn't so at least in ATL and PBI last week...not only did DL drop Woodford's they went straight to Jack Daniels...not even stopping at Makers. I can only hope that this downgrade (IMHO) doesn't happen on the planes.
Woodford Reserve started to disappear from various SCs late last year. Apparently DL decided to place only a small quantity on the planes. I'm tempted to start asking if I could 'reserve' a couple of bottles while boarding

You can try contacting SkyMilesInsider here. I've made one post about the missing Woodford Reserve without any reply (I know the individual is very busy), however, if more SC members comment maybe it will get SkyMilesInsider's attention.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, CO Plat, HH DM
Definitely my preference also. Inflight availability has decreased. Hope it doesn't disappear.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:29 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Ok first. JACK DANIELS IS NOT BOURBON.

Sorry - I HATE when people say that JD is the replacement for Makers or Woodford.

They have always had JD FYI.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by jfulcher
Ok first. JACK DANIELS IS NOT BOURBON.

Sorry - I HATE when people say that JD is the replacement for Makers or Woodford.

They have always had JD FYI.
...a man after my own heart.

The good news in all of this is at least Makers and Jim Beam Black (far better than the other spirit sharing the same name minus the "Black") are still offered at JFK. I find myself opting for Coke Zero in ATL since they are lacking any Bourbon lately...

TFD
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:52 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
OH NO!
Woodford Researve has been the best service improvement since Delta took over!!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:57 pm

Programs: MR, HH, DL, ALK
keep it around!

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
OH NO!
Woodford Researve has been the best service improvement since Delta took over!!
gosh, I thought the quantity on their planes has always been exceptionally poor, but I never figured it was going away or anywhere. heck, for those of us who come from NWA, Woodford was a nice change
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:17 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah, I'm still on NW crewed planes usually, they don't know it's there but always look...find it and I usually clear out their stock, esp in FC and they have to trade with coach for more....
Old Mar 3, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: Delta - PM / MM, UA 1K Starwood-Gold
Finally, a serious issue that DL needs to address.

As mentioned before, Jack is NOT bourbon. How can you have a bar service without a bourbon? You would think a southern based airline would understand this better than most.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by Feather Man
Finally, a serious issue that DL needs to address.

As mentioned before, Jack is NOT bourbon. How can you have a bar service without a bourbon? You would think a southern based airline would understand this better than most.
Kentucky is not all that SOuthern... lol
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Kentucky is not all that SOuthern... lol
Are you originally from the South?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...SA-South01.png

They are technically considered to be in the south. Bourbon is a very southern thing.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:35 am
Suspended

Are you originally from the South?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...SA-South01.png

They are technically considered to be in the south. Bourbon is a very southern thing.
I grew up mainly in the south, but I also lived overseas and on an island or two....

I can tell you that in the deep south, bourbon and its sour mash buddy are consumed, but I would not say it/they are THE drink. I dated a gal who called me Jack Daniels ....
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I grew up mainly in the south, but I also lived overseas and on an island or two....

I can tell you that in the deep south, bourbon and its sour mash buddy are consumed, but I would not say it/they are THE drink. I dated a gal who called me Jack Daniels ....
Well the stuff in the mason jars is really the thing in the deep south.

I don't dislike JD - in fact it mixes well with Coke. Coke is something that never touches my bourbon though (unless it's Beam). Most any bourbon I drink is just on a few cubes of ice.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: DL, CO, UA, HH
Say it isn't so, DL.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:50 am
Suspended

Well the stuff in the mason jars is really the thing in the deep south.

I don't dislike JD - in fact it mixes well with Coke. Coke is something that never touches my bourbon though (unless it's Beam). Most any bourbon I drink is just on a few cubes of ice.
There lies the issue. The only time I drink anything with coke is at a college football game.

If I am going brownish liquor, mixing is not good for me. Ice or str8 up. ...and if you are gonna go that route, with a few exceptions, scotch is the better choice for me... Glenlivet 12 or better...

So, the Bourbon thing does not affect me.... but being the team player I am, I would like to cast my support in y'alls effort to get a drinkable semi yankee bourbon product in the Crown Room before the NW folks get ahold of them and turn them into the Holiday Inn Express Breakfast Bars....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.