Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Been there; Done that

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Yes I understand completely that it is much easier to stand on the side lines and throw rocks and you are quite good at it. It takes much more conviction and fortitude to actually do something about it. You have made my point well.

And for the record, I actually agree with many of the points that you assume I am belittling. You just don't see me or others hammering every thread. I'll be more than glad to help the cause in anyway that is constructive, but I refuse to be stand on the side lines and just throw rocks. You are however welcome to continue......and see nothing change
If will only change when it hurts Delta's bottom line. Remember the key message from Save SkyMiles, printed in bold at top of the display ads: "We Quit!"
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
If will only change when it hurts Delta's bottom line. Remember the key message from Save SkyMiles, printed in bold at top of the display ads: "We Quit!"
Which is the exact point of the OP. Until Delta is presented with information that "XX" number of flyer's are leaving or huge petition is given to them, or something like the SSM ads are done, or something, or anything to show strength in numbers, the post here are not even an irritant. The same people posting the same issues over and over again does nothing except dismiss the issue as being important to a few…..and easily ignored.

You choose to take the first paragraph as belittling the group. I was pointing out that I’ve been there and I know how these types are received in ANY organization. I understand you feel the issues are important. WE GET IT. Heck, I feel some of the issues are important.

If you want to change anything about SM , you will have to get their attention through the wallet as you said. That will take organizing and I’ve seen no effort what so ever to do so…..
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
The strings at DL today are being pulled by the same group of beancounters that was responsible for the sLUT debacles in 2001-2004, and Jeff Robertson was one of them (people forget that he was a rev. mgmt. beancounter before Robby Borden was axed). Jeff is also the "billion dollar man" who sold out SkyMiles to Amex. Nine years later since the onslaught of the sLUT affairs and not much has really changed under the surface at Delta.
I'm pretty sure Jeff came in post-Robby Borden fiasco from McKinsey.

That being said, I don't disagree with the statement as a whole above. I'm sure most of the middle management (where a lot of the day to day decisions of a major company are made) are still there from the Leo days, and they're the ones that continue to make the beancounter-ish decisions. Now, it's leadership's job to change the direction of that culture, but I think the problems lie much deeper than just Jeff/Rev Mgmt leadership/etc. right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.