FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   LAX SkyClub renovations? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1056115-lax-skyclub-renovations.html)

DP-340 Jun 29, 10 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 13467142)
... I do appreciate having someone there to mix them... was in ORD 2 weeks ago ...

I loved what they did in ORD! Yes the bar is gone and we have to make our own drinks, but I don't miss them + I love the extra room.

If that is what is in the works for LAX, I think it will be great.

golfingboy Jun 29, 10 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by DP-340 (Post 14216391)
I loved what they did in ORD! Yes the bar is gone and we have to make our own drinks, but I don't miss them + I love the extra room.

I can't remember whether there will be an official bar.... But there is a huge rendering poster at the entrance of the LAX SC, so maybe someone can snag a quick picture of the poster and share on FT....

itsaboutthejourney Jun 29, 10 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy (Post 14217691)
I can't remember whether there will be an official bar.... But there is a huge rendering poster at the entrance of the LAX SC, so maybe someone can snag a quick picture of the poster and share on FT....

I'll look for the pict I snapped on my iPhone, but the rendering didn't make it clear there was a bar, I recall SC's are moving to the self-serve concept as refurbs are made, so I expect this one to be the first test for them of that.

beckoa Jun 30, 10 2:43 am

Originally Posted by DP-340 (Post 14216391)

Hmm... didn't realize there was one there before (my first visit)

Perhaps a 'cheat sheet' would be nice to show how to mix to make the drinks taste drinkable :o

dean1121 Jun 30, 10 6:09 am

Heard from one of the staff that renovations are to be finished by July 11. I think they might be a bit past this but it starting to look really nice.

Mill Creek Don Jun 30, 10 8:48 pm

Was through LAX SC yesterday. Staff said that the showers wouldn't be ready for "at least a month" and just shrugged when asked for a completion date for the main club area.

Back through there again Thursday evening and next Wednesday. Will post updates if anything appears to be different in regards timeline.

golfingboy Jul 1, 10 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Mill Creek Don (Post 14223285)

Back through there again Thursday evening and next Wednesday. Will post updates if anything appears to be different in regards timeline.

It would be cool if you could snap a picture of the rendering poster near the entrance and share it on FT... The rendering shows the new bar and ceiling high windows. I would do it, but my next booked DL trip is not until labor weekend :(

ross123 Jul 2, 10 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy (Post 14225639)
It would be cool if you could snap a picture of the rendering poster near the entrance and share it on FT... The rendering shows the new bar and ceiling high windows. I would do it, but my next booked DL trip is not until labor weekend :(

Your wish is granted...

http://www.gaming-chips.com/temp/photo.jpg

golfingboy Jul 2, 10 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by ross123 (Post 14235357)

Perfect! :D

Now you can see the blue table in the far left end of the rendering... The bar counter there looks "open", but still looks like a bar counter... Perhaps, they will alternate between having an employee stationed there and self-serve?

EZE Jul 2, 10 10:05 pm

Looking good with lots of additional seating.

My concern: lack of electrical outlets. There appear to be very large sections of several walls that have no plugs.

Yaatri Jul 2, 10 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Mill Creek Don (Post 14091956)
For those who regularly use the LAX SC: Any update on this, as I will be transiting LAX to/from SYD and the showers would alleviate the need for a dayroom at a hotel?

Thanks!

As of June 2nd, construction/work was still in progress. DID the LAX WC/SC has ever have showers?

golfingboy Jul 2, 10 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri (Post 14236259)
As of June 2nd, construction/work was still in progress. DID the LAX WC/SC has ever have showers?

Yes, 2 showers...

LALAland Jul 6, 10 10:06 pm

Just visited yesterday -- I'd say they are only 75% done. Still had paper floors around the agents desk and wet bar is still a 'backyard' type set-up, and baths were open but heard loud sawing noise and didn't go back to check them out. Snack bar looks finished and had a good selection.. basicially everything you see in a DL lounge... olives etc. TOD was around 11am. FLT after to ATL was better than the lounge --- 777200 in FC w/ LF seats. Not Ug'd --- actually paid A fare to insure seat. However, I can report about 3 must have gotten UGs as I checked the seats 45 mins before boarding... which is rare on LAX-ATL on a 777.

DiverDave Jul 10, 10 6:35 pm

I'm in the club now, and I will say - WOW.

This is going to be a big improvement. The seating area where the rotunda was is going to accommodate a lot of folks. Almost everything is open, except the old workstation area. That's still being worked on. There will also be some computer work stations along the windows (not finished yet), and those will be nice. Much work still being done, floor being finished, and areas roped off.

But it is bright and very attractive, with all-new furniture.

Going forward there should be a lot less crowding issues, and it will be a very modern and attractive SkyClub.

I like it! :D

David

DLATL777 Jul 10, 10 7:06 pm

Ive been in there twice a week, every week, for the last 3 months. It has been fun to watch the progress, but the one shower room being used as the entire male bathroom is a sad, sad excuse. They are still doing the (very red) tiling in the mens bathroom.