FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   LAX SkyClub renovations? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1056115-lax-skyclub-renovations.html)

KS530 Mar 1, 10 6:43 pm

Anyone have an update on the renovation? Is the club still open? I'm flying out of Terminal 5 this week :eek:

avidflyer Mar 1, 10 6:46 pm


Originally Posted by KS530 (Post 13491149)
Anyone have an update on the renovation? Is the club still open? I'm flying out of Terminal 5 this week :eek:

Just left there so yes. I ate all the Biscoffs so don't get your hopes up for those. They did have a HUGE bowl of olives too...Yum.;)

Bobak Mar 26, 10 4:35 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster
 
I'm here at the club right now, they're definitely full swing with construction as most of the old rotunda has been blocked off and 20% of the old open seating area (by the windows) is behind temporary construction walls (that have no sockets, sigh...). The place is definitely more crowded because of things. They've closed the room that had the printer. The cubes are still there, but they're now even more hot and unpleasant than before. The regular bathrooms are open.

I asked the folks at reception when this is supposed to end, and they said --hopefully-- by May. We'll see about that.

Hope this was useful for folks passing this way.

[email protected] Apr 25, 10 11:28 am

Recent LAX Sky Club Experience?
 
Is there a place to make a quick change of clothes in the Sky Club? Don't relish the notion of flying 5+ hours in coach in business suit. Would love to travel casual and then be able to change into my suit before I head to visit a client.

I know the LAX Club is undergoing renovations so anyone who has been there recently that can advise the current status of the facility please share your thoughts about my plans.

Thanks.

monkeshine Apr 25, 10 2:31 pm


Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 13491161)
Just left there so yes. I ate all the Biscoffs so don't get your hopes up for those. They did have a HUGE bowl of olives too...Yum.;)

Oh did they finally add the olives? LAX was one of the few that I hadn't been able to get them. Perhaps it had more to do with time of day I am there. I had a very nice time in there at 5:15 am (surprised they were open) and ate a bagel, yogurt, orange juice (which I had to dilute) and a shot of espresso. Any other airport that woud've been $20 worth of food. I felt it was too early in the AM to ask for a Bloody Mary so I got one at SLC 2 hours later. Helps me stay asleep.

As for the Sky Club itself, I am not sure if they will go under 2 stages of renovation or just simply build out over the rotunda and maybe expand the bar so it reaches further into the new construction. BUT I could see them moving the checkin to the opposite side of where it is now and make that whole area where you checkin and the hallway to the bathroom/showers (showers don't work BTW at this moment) a seating area instead. I would move the TV over there, like SLC has the TV room separate from all the other rooms, they could accomplish that IF they do 2 stages of reconstruction.

I am thankfully on 3 weeks of rest and relaxation so I won't be back through there until early June but I will see if I can find someone who knows or can draw a sketch or maybe it will be closer to finished by then. I've got so much travel booked I got a feeling this year I am going to be very very close to making Diamond.

golfingboy Apr 25, 10 2:45 pm


Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 13839979)
Is there a place to make a quick change of clothes in the Sky Club? Don't relish the notion of flying 5+ hours in coach in business suit. Would love to travel casual and then be able to change into my suit before I head to visit a client.

I know the LAX Club is undergoing renovations so anyone who has been there recently that can advise the current status of the facility please share your thoughts about my plans.

Thanks.

IIRC the men's restroom has one big handicapped toilet stall that is big enough to fit any luggage you may have with you and change your clothes without getting too close to the toilet. Not the best circumstance, but doable nonetheless.

The showers are closed for renovations....

Mill Creek Don Jun 7, 10 11:37 am


Originally Posted by golfingboy (Post 13840983)
The showers are closed for renovations....

For those who regularly use the LAX SC: Any update on this, as I will be transiting LAX to/from SYD and the showers would alleviate the need for a dayroom at a hotel?

Thanks!

OlderGeek Jun 7, 10 1:35 pm


Originally Posted by bradfrancini (Post 13458434)
I read in a few posts that the LAX Sky Club is getting renovated. Does anyone know what to expect after they're done?

Not even by Tish'a B'Av.

WBurcham Jun 7, 10 1:36 pm


Originally Posted by Mill Creek Don (Post 14091956)
For those who regularly use the LAX SC: Any update on this, as I will be transiting LAX to/from SYD and the showers would alleviate the need for a dayroom at a hotel?

Thanks!

They were closed last night and it's a madhouse in there. The bar is now gone and about another 1/4 of the space as well. The bar is in the area about 10 feet from where it used to be. No refrigerators, just ice. It's VERY VERY crowded at night.

golfingboy Jun 7, 10 2:09 pm


Originally Posted by Mill Creek Don (Post 14091956)
For those who regularly use the LAX SC: Any update on this, as I will be transiting LAX to/from SYD and the showers would alleviate the need for a dayroom at a hotel?

Thanks!

The shower facilities are not open during construction... :(

Word is, construction should be done by the end of July, but only take this with a grain of salt... Also, they just put up the renderings of what the SC will look like after construction is done and looks really spacious :D

LALAland Jun 27, 10 5:20 pm

Can anyone update this thread?
 

Originally Posted by golfingboy (Post 14092835)
The shower facilities are not open during construction... :(

Word is, construction should be done by the end of July, but only take this with a grain of salt... Also, they just put up the renderings of what the SC will look like after construction is done and looks really spacious :D

If anyone can update, thanks!

StayingHomeIsBetter Jun 27, 10 6:10 pm


Originally Posted by LALAland (Post 14204523)
If anyone can update, thanks!

I hear they are working on a very LAX schedule.

Sorry... :D

heatz Jun 27, 10 6:11 pm

I was there Friday night 10pm. Was less crowded than over the last few months and the rotunda now has a bunch of tables and chairs, so there is more room. The bar is a temp setup, but still serving. Overall, it is getting better day by day, even though construction continues. Had a wide variety of snacks, even saw nutella for the first time.

beckoa Jun 28, 10 2:01 am


Originally Posted by heatz (Post 14204701)
I was there Friday night 10pm. Was less crowded than over the last few months and the rotunda now has a bunch of tables and chairs, so there is more room. The bar is a temp setup, but still serving. Overall, it is getting better day by day, even though construction continues. Had a wide variety of snacks, even saw nutella for the first time.

...at least the bar didn't pull a HNL :p

surfport Jun 29, 10 3:08 pm

I was advised today that re-opening of the newly remodeled DL LAX SkyClub is currently planned for July 15, 2010.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:26 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.