Community
Wiki Posts
Search

39:28 On Hold Time

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
Called about an hour ago to cancel a flight for tonight. Keyed in skymiles number, yelled once at voice thing (NO) and was at an agent. No hold at all.
Maybe thats the key for no hold time!!!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
Called about an hour ago to cancel a flight for tonight. Keyed in skymiles number, yelled once at voice thing (NO) and was at an agent. No hold at all.
What is WRONG with the phone not recognizing "NO"? Never does the system get it the first time.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat,DL PM,HH Diamond
I said What the HE**? When it asked me to keep repeating my keyed-in SM number. It apparently interpreted it as 'help' and sent me to the web help desk.

33:20 to agent, 45:20 total call time, no resolution BTW.

FWIW, non-status wife called normal number for a simple re-seating of her award ticket on AS and got the entire call completed in under 4 mins...

I guess I should just stop calling 1551..
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:17 am

Weather delays were dorking with flights yesterday when I was traveling out of Columbus, OH (not sure if other airports like CVG were effected). Was going to miss my connection at a minimum, called in and had a rep within 30 seconds of responding to the skymiles # input and the "no" to redeeming Skymiles. Was quickly taken care of.

I have to say, even in post merger Delta, I seldom ever wait at all on hold for help when I've called in.

*edit - this was through the *-1551 number

Last edited by Seminole_Kev; Feb 23, 2010 at 9:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.