Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Choice Benefits Page is Open

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by stardal
Or is it if you were already Diamond, then getting 75K doesn't count?
That's the way it's SUPPOSED to be, but I think DL screwed up and gave the 2011 PM pick to anyone who was between 75k and 125k 2010 MQM whenever they ran the first batch.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: Delta Charter DM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Choice Privileges Diamond, Sky Club, Starbucks Charter Gold
Originally Posted by raehl311
That's the way it's SUPPOSED to be, but I think DL screwed up and gave the 2011 PM pick to anyone who was between 75k and 125k 2010 MQM whenever they ran the first batch.
So it was only supposed to be DMs that get the Choice Benefit since everyone who hit PM before 12/31/2009 was supposed to get the old PM welcomes?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by raehl311
Stopping short trades 2 DM choices for 1 PM choice and some amount of rollover. It doesn't get you more choices, it gets you less.
No, per JEFF's post a while back, FIRST YEAR DM's were supposed to get 1 PM choice for 2010 & 2 DM choices for 2010.

Then, every subsequent requalification year you were supposed to get 1 PM choice when you hit 75K & 2 DM choices when you hit 125K.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:55 am

Programs: Delta Platiamond SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond
why is it called "companion Medallion status" ?

from the delta blurb
Gifting Silver or Gold Medallion® Status to a Companion: Gifted complimentary Medallion status will be effective within 2 weeks and membership credentials should arrive within 3 weeks. For selections made for 2010 Choice Benefits, companion status is good through February 28, 2011; for selections made for 2011 Choice Benefits, companion status is good through February 29, 2012.

Companion Status ????
Not Elite Status in it's own right.?

I'd really like to see this clarified
Old Feb 20, 2010, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by orsum
from the delta blurb
Gifting Silver or Gold Medallion® Status to a Companion: Gifted complimentary Medallion status will be effective within 2 weeks and membership credentials should arrive within 3 weeks. For selections made for 2010 Choice Benefits, companion status is good through February 28, 2011; for selections made for 2011 Choice Benefits, companion status is good through February 29, 2012.

Companion Status ????
Not Elite Status in it's own right.?

I'd really like to see this clarified
Good eye!

Last week I would have assumed there was no difference (not really) today I would say get the T's and C's.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
I selected my 2009 bonus miles in Dec and still have not seen anything posted. I am not sure what to select for 2010.
exactly! How about first fixing the old broken stuff before offering new ones
Old Feb 20, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
I just read this entire thread and I think my head is going to explode. If not, I've at least shortened my lifespan by a year. Thank god there isn't a "FT Laboratories" where all of you are in one room dissecting the terms and debating the results I'm sitting this one out.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by WBurcham
Lucky you, I don't get PM benefits for 2010 or 2011:
Ok, so I'm jumping in after all, even though my brain is throwing up right now...

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm showing DM selections for 2010 and 2011, but no PM selections for either year. The way I understood it, PM selections would be earned "on the way and in addition to" the DM selections. Therefore, I expected to have a 2010 and 2011 selection for PM as well. The terms and DL posts made this quite clear. I doubt they are trying to pull one over on us - I'm pretty sure this is a technical issue whereby people like us who qualified for DM in 2009 and were already DM by the time this page went live in 2010 were not "seen" for the PM levels, as we had already passed them and the system didn't have an opportunity to note that we should receive them. I'm sure Delta will fix this, as failure to give both the PM choice (1) and the DM choices (2) are clearly contrary to the terms and posts.

Unrelated to the glitch - someone asked if the $200 voucher was a good idea. Assuming you are eligible for Pay With Miles, the 25,000 miles would be like a $250 voucher. Also, domestic low/saver awards with values in excess of 1 CPM are readily available if you have a little flexibility and know-how, so if you have a use for one, the value of the miles would exceed even $250. Therefore, I don't see the logic in ever taking the $200 voucher unless you both don't qualify for PWM *and* you don't have use for a low/saver domestic award with a reasonable CPM value.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm a lowly PM, so I'm not gonna get into the detailed debate. But, I did take the $200 voucher, 'cause it seemed like immediate gratification. Now, I got a ticket for work, and used an old cancelled ticket credit to pay for part of the fare. While doing this and looking at all my credits, I noticed that my $200 eCredit for the voucher was in my account with a number, but I was not able to actually check the box to be able to use it!

So, when I want to use this voucher for a personal trip, will it be usable and earn miles? Has anyone already applied this to a ticket?
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
I'm gonna hold off on picking mine, until I see specifics about redemption of the $200 voucher. It's gotta be easy and seamless.

On a side note, does anyone have a ballpark value for trading Silver status in Coupon Connection? I'm thinking about that as Plan B. Does FT or DL frown upon this?
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by vatraveler
I'm gonna hold off on picking mine, until I see specifics about redemption of the $200 voucher. It's gotta be easy and seamless.

On a side note, does anyone have a ballpark value for trading Silver status in Coupon Connection? I'm thinking about that as Plan B. Does FT or DL frown upon this?
It is easy and seamless. I took one and it was in my account in about an hour. Redeemable on line and very easy to use.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by mooper
Unrelated to the glitch - someone asked if the $200 voucher was a good idea. Assuming you are eligible for Pay With Miles, the 25,000 miles would be like a $250 voucher. Also, domestic low/saver awards with values in excess of 1 CPM are readily available if you have a little flexibility and know-how, so if you have a use for one, the value of the miles would exceed even $250. Therefore, I don't see the logic in ever taking the $200 voucher unless you both don't qualify for PWM *and* you don't have use for a low/saver domestic award with a reasonable CPM value.
For me the key is if you earn MQM with the voucher, since you don't with Pay With Miles. One would think you would if its like a normal bump voucher, but I have to say with the current goings on it wouldn't surprise me to find out in the fine print that no MQMs or earn or its ineligible for upgrades, etc. etc.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
For me the key is if you earn MQM with the voucher, since you don't with Pay With Miles. One would think you would if its like a normal bump voucher, but I have to say with the current goings on it wouldn't surprise me to find out in the fine print that no MQMs or earn or its ineligible for upgrades, etc. etc.
That's a benefit of the voucher that I overlooked, though I don't think enough of one to make a $200 voucher more appealing than a, say 1.8 CPM redemption for 25K miles. As for comparing versus a 1 CPM PWM redemption, it does put it more on par, but I'd never use PWM anyway.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM'r,
A co-worker of mine just went in and selected his choice benefits. He had three to choose from: 2010 Platinum, 2010 Diamond, and 2011 Platinum (already earned this year). So apparently some are getting to have both the platinum and diamond choices for 2010. Unfortunately, not me, I only got to pick diamond 2010.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Bappelt
A co-worker of mine just went in and selected his choice benefits. He had three to choose from: 2010 Platinum, 2010 Diamond, and 2011 Platinum (already earned this year). So apparently some are getting to have both the platinum and diamond choices for 2010. Unfortunately, not me, I only got to pick diamond 2010.
The fact that some people are actually seeing 2010 Platinum as a Choice Benefits selection along with 2010 Diamond tells me it's likely a programming error on Delta's part and hopefully it will be fixed.

Personally I'm only seeing 2010 Diamond and 2011 Platinum. I'm also missing 2010 Platinum.

Maybe this will be fixed afterall. Or maybe it will be fixed the "wrong" way meaning those who see 2010 Plat and 2010 Diamond will see 2010 Plat go away.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.