Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% Partner Bonus Miles Promo to 4/30

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
50% Partner Bonus Miles Promo to 4/30

A minimum of three activities are required

See

https://www.delta.com/marketing/staydriveride/

(don't know if this one is targeted)

Bob H
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BobH
Probably not, I was able to register for it and I haven't been targeted for a promo in a very long time.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:32 pm

so if we transfer 20,000 Starwood points and two other partners....that's 35,000 miles just for Starwood?

+5000 (Starwood bonus)
+10,000 (Delta bonus of the 20,000 transfered)

=

or might it even be
37,500 (+50% of 25,000)
?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Awesome, I'm about to make sure that I qualify by doing two 1 point transfers from Starwood. That way any other activities that I accidentally credit to Skymiles will earn the bonus.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by elsie
or might it even be
37,500 (+50% of 25,000)
?
Yes, it would be 37,500 provided you have 2 other qualifying transactions to earn the 50% bonus.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL DM or PM
Originally Posted by BobH
A minimum of three activities are required

See

https://www.delta.com/marketing/staydriveride/

Bob H
I just registered for this, so I guess it wasn't targeted.

question: for the Hilton stays, in order to get this bonus, is it enough that I stay at the Hilton and that I have included my SK numbers in my HHonors profile (under partners), or do I need to do something else?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bassi1973
I just registered for this, so I guess it wasn't targeted.

question: for the Hilton stays, in order to get this bonus, is it enough that I stay at the Hilton and that I have included my SK numbers in my HHonors profile (under partners), or do I need to do something else?
You have to do two things:

1. Select "Points & Variable Miles" OR "Points & Fixed Miles" as your Double Dip Earning Style Option under "My Way" at hilton.com. You won't get any miles or the bonus if you select "Points & Points."

2. If you have more than one partner in your profile, be sure to select Delta as your "Preferred Partner" under "My Profile" at hilton.com. You can also ask the front desk clerk at check in to select Delta as your partner airline for that stay.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
Thanks Bob...nice to have a good heads up on a promo!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
The amount of free miles DL hands out is getting to be hilarious. I've actually STOPPED using my DL AMEX card because I'm better off using my regular AMEX and transferring the membership reward points and getting 20, 30 or 40% kick
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by gleff
Awesome, I'm about to make sure that I qualify by doing two 1 point transfers from Starwood. That way any other activities that I accidentally credit to Skymiles will earn the bonus.
I know you were joking, but as I read the terms, "three or more transactions with your choice of ... partners", three separate SPG-to-DL transfers would qualify. i.e., there is no need to use three distinct partners to qualify. Do you read it the same way?

I need to send three guys (coach for these suckas) NYC to SFO next Mon-Thur and the best nonstops I'm seeing are around $480. I value my SPG points immensely, but for 40K of them transferred with this promo, I can get 75K DL miles and avoid paying around $1,500... thats 3.75 cents per point, which I'm happy with. (Note: I'm aware that 40K would only amount to two 20K transactions and that the miles won't post immediately... I'm just speaking in terms of value.)
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:
Would love to be sure you can make three transfers from spg and get the bonus. This is correct or not?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hyatt
What is also nice is that the bonus points kick in after the third activity and the first three activities also receive bonuses. Wasn't sure about that until I read the T&C.

I am already earning a ton of Starwood points with their current promotion and a hotel exclusive offer (for those staying in the Baltimore area site mail me) and transfering them to SkyMiles so this offer is making me really, really happy.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: WN A+CP, UAL, Marriott LTPPE
Originally Posted by mooper
I
I need to send three guys (coach for these suckas) NYC to SFO next Mon-Thur and the best nonstops I'm seeing are around $480. I value my SPG points immensely, but for 40K of them transferred with this promo, I can get 75K DL miles and avoid paying around $1,500... thats 3.75 cents per point, which I'm happy with. (Note: I'm aware that 40K would only amount to two 20K transactions and that the miles won't post immediately... I'm just speaking in terms of value.)
Methinks this won't work for you if you need to redeem Skymiles right away
Looking at the T&Cs " Miscellaneous:Please allow up to six weeks after the promotion has ended for bonus miles to be credited to your SkyMiles account. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide"
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
sorry... noob question, as i've never done this :/

i've got some random points in a hilton and choice privilages that i'll probably never use. if i transfer those, as well as a point or two from Starwood, does that qualify as three "transactions"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.