FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Do you earn miles if booked on Expedia? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1052847-do-you-earn-miles-if-booked-expedia.html)

donnak Feb 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Do you earn miles if booked on Expedia?

A trip next week to Austin is quite a bit less expensive if booked on expedia vs. delta.com. I plan to book it but I've never used a third party site before. Will I still earn my delta miles?

AndyTLe Feb 16, 2010 8:53 pm

.Yes.

BF263533 Feb 16, 2010 9:59 pm

I think the disadvantage of using Expedia is that you don't have 24 hours to cancel penalty free.

uaflr Feb 16, 2010 10:52 pm

When you are entering your personal info, there should be a box for FF#, make sure you look for it. The program will not alert you if you miss it.
I have also added FF# later online and also at the gate. Smooth flying - enjoy the view!!
:D

CalVol Feb 16, 2010 11:02 pm

I thought Delta had a guarantee that you could get the lowest available fare on delta.com.

Am I misremembering or, perhaps worse, being naive:D

CV

LADELTA777 Feb 16, 2010 11:05 pm

YES two different ways of doint it. One when you enter your personal info with exp or any other travel agency just supply them with you. SM FF number or ask for credit from Dl direct after your flight is conpleted by supplying them with the tix number and your SM number be email.

ADLFO Feb 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by CalVol (Post 13404961)
I thought Delta had a guarantee that you could get the lowest available fare on delta.com.

CV

Oh I think the Best Fare Guarantee is still offered, however, there have been no reports to my knowledge of DL ever paying up. So, if Expedia or Orbitz are cheaper, book there, but don't waste your time complaining to DL customer service about it being less than DL.com.

Dilemma Feb 17, 2010 1:01 am

Originally Posted by CalVol (Post 13404961)

CV

DL's "Best Fare Guarantee" is basically a steaming pile of crap. It only counts if the fare you found on each website use the same fare basis. Which means it is virtually impossible for the sites to caculate a different price that qualifies for their "guarantee." In effect, DL's computers would have to miscalculate the price of the fare. Quite frankly, that ain't gonna happen.

The fact that DL shows you the wrong fare basis doesn't qualify!

safigan Feb 17, 2010 9:02 am

I've booked on Expedia, supplied my FF number, then not have my itinerary show up when I log into dl.com. A quick phone call fixed it.