Same Day change with different connection

Old Feb 16, 10, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
so. we all use SDC for our advantages. even i was a NW Gold (and later DL Plat) last year. i never knew about SDC until 2 weeks ago. It has been useful for me since then, flying on much better flight. for example. able to fly on flight with confirmed first class.

since i spend every penny out of my own pocket for traveling. able to get a few more status miles is very important. but 3 hrs window is before the flight you want to fly, not where u originally book. so. it could be much earlier in the day. for example, flying in the morning with a red-eye booking. it is mostly not of interested to me since i aim at bump vouchers. and i only do it if i am sure there is no bump opportunity.
Overall I like the Delta SDC a little better. Yes it can not be done online like NWA, but it let's you choose other hubs, which could not be done on NWA. The hubs are important to me, since some of the smaller hubs I prefer, do not have enough flights to make stand by work .
Old Feb 18, 10, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by YesLetsDiscuss View Post
They credited me with miles for the way I flew (SAT-SLC-SAN) rather than what I paid for (SAT-ATL-SAN). Have called them twice to get the miles as I would have got through ATL (difference of about 1000 MQM and 2000 RDM each way) and was promised the change both times. However, 10 days later, it still hasn't come through. Will call them again later today.
The third time was a charm. Requested it again, and received the miles for original itinerary.
Old Feb 23, 10, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott, Delta, Avis
Originally Posted by troyintn View Post
Overall I like the Delta SDC a little better. Yes it can not be done online like NWA, but it let's you choose other hubs, which could not be done on NWA. The hubs are important to me, since some of the smaller hubs I prefer, do not have enough flights to make stand by work .
Delta's SDC is worthless if you don't have additional flight options within 3 hours of your booked flight. NWA's 24 hour window was much better.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: