Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed Baggage questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2010, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Delayed Baggage questions

My husband and I were scheduled to fly ATL-BCN last Friday, 2/12. Due to weather in Atlanta, that flight was cancelled. We were rebooked on a DL flight to CDG, then AF from CDG to Barcelona. As expected, our bags did not arrive. We have learned that the bags traveled to BCN on the direct DL flight the next day, arriving here 14 hours ago. We filed a claim with AF and have a claim number. Supposedly our bags were turned over to a courier 6 hours ago. No one from the AF baggage dept can confirm that the courier does, in fact, have the bags. AF baggage is now closed for the night. We did purchase a few necessities when we arrived. My husband has business meetings beginning tomorrow and really needs to have a suit. If the luggage does not arrive tonight, and he must go buy a suit - what is our recourse. I assume our recourse is with AF - although they really have had no responsibility for anything other than the delivery of the bag. He is PM - soon to be DM with Delta, if that makes any difference at all. Will Delta help us out at all? To whom should any complaint be lodged? Delta or Air France? In retrospect, we should have gone to the airport first thing this morning and tried to retrieve the bagsl. Oh well - next time, we'll know. So much for those yellow priority tags..........
Old Feb 14, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
All I can say is Good Luck. I know several people who've been in your shoes and none have anything good to say about the experience. One friend went to the airport 3 times to get the bags and they never showed up until alfter they had returned home. This can get especially dicey if you're travelling around.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
The last carrier has responsibility. It's an interesting twist that the first carrier (DL) delivered to the final destination, but I'd be very surprised if DL helps out. I had a somewhat similar situation last month with TATL on DL, and then a flight on BA. I called DL baggage and they said that they had no responsibility. Furthermore, they said that there would be no consideration for being a PM flying in BE, even if a second airline was not involved.
In the end, I think that you should be able to get reimbursement for business clothes from AF.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
I know that in the grand scheme of things, with so many weather-related travel issues the last two weeks, this is not awful. We do know the luggage arrived in Barcelona. It's just frustrating that it's now been here 15 hours, and we don't have it, nor know when we will get it. Two different people with AF baggage promised to check with the courier and call back and give us an update - never happened. Just give us a definite time the luggage will be delivered by, and then stick to it, or give us an update when that time passes. Like I said coulda, woulda, shoulda gone to the airport this morning and retrieved the bags from Delta. Plus, since we are in an apartment, and not a hotel, we are stuck here waiting. We've been told the courier probably will not call an international number (which our cell phones would be) so we've given them the landline number - then sat here and waited. All day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.