Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Atlanta to Honolulu ATL-HNL in Delta One (Definitive Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2003, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

It appears Delta has flights this month using 767-300 with business class for ATL-HNL. I think this is a new flight for Delta starting in August, non stop. But in September, these flights are 767-400 non-stop and are F class.

I was curious if anyone knows anything about this route and the 767-400s (as well as the fare codes), as I have not heard good things about the 767-400. Since its non-stop, and a 9 hour flight, will it be BE, or atleast have decent seats and meal service? Is it too soon to tell for September flights? I'm hoping this flight is offered BE in September/October. Any feedback on any of the above would be much appreciated!
Old Aug 9, 2003, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Location: San Francisco - DL Platinum, HP Platinum, KL Gold, UA Premier, Hhonors Diamond
If I am not mistaken, there have already been various topics about the ATL-HNL run.

Equipment will be a B764 with domestic first class, except for August, when a B763 will be used, which features the business elite seats.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
In August, it is B/E with the same 763ER seating as usual. After that, it will be F with the same 764 seating as usual.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/011100.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/011120.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/011202.html

Old Aug 9, 2003, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

That sucks...why don't they modify those seats on the 767-400, or atleast stick with the 300 for the long HNL flights. Thanks for the replies and links though!
Old Aug 9, 2003, 8:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by scotchontherocks:
That sucks...why don't they modify those seats on the 767-400, or atleast stick with the 300 for the long HNL flights. Thanks for the replies and links though!</font>
The 764 config gets more people on the plane, silly.

It's +not+ about HOW you get there...
it's about HOW MANY get there WITH you!

Really is too bad 764s will replace 763s.
The 763 config must be Grrrreat to HNL.
I'm jealous just thinking about it.
But, then again, MissBumpMe! and I switched to CO and recently took its Business First service to HNL.... tre magnifique!

PS-
I Love, by the way, just LOVE your UserName!!!
Why didn't I think of that!!!?!!??!?!?!?!
Old Aug 11, 2003, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

How about the video on the 764s? Does each seat have its own video? Sounds to me like it doesn't. Never flown delta, curious. - aka, neat with a splash of spring water.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 4:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by scotchontherocks:
How about the video on the 764s? Does each seat have its own video? Sounds to me like it doesn't. Never flown delta, curious. - aka, neat with a splash of spring water.</font>
Yes, 764s come with in-seat video. Monitors installed between F seats contribute to less seat width. The IFE boxes contribute to less legroom.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

FTraveler, thanks for the reply!

This board sure does provide feedback (I'm new to flyertalk.com)...dare I ask "what choices would I have of video next month via ATL-HNL and back? Menu?" Delta's website doesn't provide as much as CO, or maybe I'm just not used to navigating DL's site. CO has menu's and some good info on thier site. Maybe I'm just being a little too picky, eh?
Old Aug 11, 2003, 8:56 pm

Here's the link for movies.

http://www.delta.com/travel/during_f..._ent/index.jsp

The link for September hasn't been fixed yet. Give it a couple of days.

[This message has been edited by Dave M (edited 08-11-2003).]
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Menu?</font>
The "menu" on my last two LAX/OGG flights was the cold deli plate. Ironically, five weeks ago it included cold veggies, a piece of chicken, steak, pasta salad, bread sticks and a brownie kinda thing for dessert.
This week it was nearly identical except the steak was gone and a portobello mushroom was masquerading as same. Actually thought it was a piece of steak until I cut into it with my plastic knife.
I suspect you'll get a better menu on your ATL/HNL flight.
Enjoy!!

Old Aug 13, 2003, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
This week it was nearly identical except the steak was gone and a portobello mushroom was masquerading as same. Actually thought it was a piece of steak until I cut into it with my plastic knife.
I suspect you'll get a better menu on your ATL/HNL flight.
Enjoy!!

</font>
Thanks everyone for the replies. The link works now: Bruce Almighty and The In-laws? Portobello mushrooms? 764 seating?
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

Any odds they will continue the 763 into September for direct ATL-HNL? I'm feeling lucky
Old Aug 13, 2003, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond

Any odds they will continue the 763 into September for direct ATL-HNL? I'm feeling lucky
</font>
41.4 : 1
Old Aug 13, 2003, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by indufan:
41.4 : 1</font>
Come on...its got to be more like 38.6 : 1
Old Feb 2, 2006, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flying ATL to HNL on a 767-400...

I hope this isn't one of their planes where they are all economy! My friend and I are on first class award tickets for a flight in June to HNL. It shows flight 317 as being a 767-400 (764). If there is a first class section, can anyone tell me the bad side of sitting in row 1c and 1d (first middle seats) Seatguru shows it's not so great because their is no storage and it's close to the galley. Those two things don't bother me though. Any other reason not to book those seats? Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:06 am

None of the 764s are all-economy. They just sell them as so on the 6-8 hour flights over the Atlantic. As for the 8 hour flights to Hawaii, they sell them as two class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.