Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by joslyn40
My FA denied this. Whom should I trust?
Considering that her vice-president directly told a group of 100 FlyerTalkers in Atlanta last October that FEBO is no longer policy, I'd tell her to recheck her memos on service.

FEBO (or the lack thereof) is also covered in Continuing Qualification training this year (a large part of CQ this year is spent on customer service, particularly relating to HVC customer service).
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Sitting on DL 2253 MSP-SEA, and before the flight the FA politely announces to the whole FC cabin that FEBO (Front-Even, Back-Odd for meals) is in effect; that it was out for a while; that it came back a couple of years ago; and that many FAs don't do it, but that he's going to, and apologies to those in the front row who may not get the chicken. So to me that's definitive. And I'm in 7C, cluck!
Does this mean the chicken is no longer that nasty thing with slimy skin that was being served last year? If not, stay away from the chicken!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:26 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Since Mersk would know about this quite well from his numerous FA friends, and the fact of it being talked about at the DO, I'd ask the FA for her name and drop a polite hint that you'll be e-mailing Sandy to ask for an opinion on the subject ....

My FA denied this. Whom should I trust?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:28 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

On Mon 1/17 on flight 1720 (MIA-CVG) the FA did FEBO - just an observation.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:02 pm

For your convenience:

http://www.delta.com/emailus/servlet/EmailUs
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
I had an FA on a DEN-ATL flt tell us it was in effect. This was over Christmas.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mersk862
Per Sandy Gordon (VP of Inflight Services), FEBO is not official policy - all flights should be front-to-back.
Not to be cynical, but could there be non-rev FA friend in the back?

Last edited by DeltaFan4Now; Jan 21, 2011 at 8:36 pm
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Not to be cynical, but could there be non-rev FA friend in the back?
Meals are catered to the number of seats in First Class...there aren't any extras left over unless someone declines.

Originally Posted by thezipper
Since Mersk would know about this quite well from his numerous FA friends, and the fact of it being talked about at the DO, I'd ask the FA for her name and drop a polite hint that you'll be e-mailing Sandy to ask for an opinion on the subject ....
Just because I'm friends with a lot of FAs (and one of them happens to live at my apartment when she's stuck in MSP) doesn't mean I know everything...

Though it is fun when me, The FA and the Other FA get together for drinks when the three of us are actually all in MSP at the same time
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mersk862
Meals are catered to the number of seats in First Class...there aren't any extras left over unless someone declines.
I should have been clearer in my post - since this is FEBO and since many complain that their choices are gone by the time the FA gets to them, I meant that the non-revs sitting in the back of F got their choices 1st.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I'm still amazed this continues to be a topic of discussion.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
I should have been clearer in my post - since this is FEBO and since many complain that their choices are gone by the time the FA gets to them, I meant that the non-revs sitting in the back of F got their choices 1st.
FEBO is technically only for revenue passengers. Non-revs are supposed to only have an option when all revenue customers have been accomodated (FAs know who the nonrevs are on the manifest)
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:29 am

How about simply sitting in the middle of FC? That way your odds are good FEBO or FE
Old Jan 22, 2011, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
I'm still amazed this continues to be a topic of discussion.
Not sure what it so amazing about it, many of us think its a big deal. If I don't want the pasta or omelet, I want to know where I should be sitting.
Over the past year on roughly 40 DL meal flights, I recall only one flight where FEBO was not followed. That was last month (DTW-SFO, in paid F). I rang the call button to ask the FA, who said "are you sure you're not thinking of another airline?" and that she'd never heard of FEBO in 25 years of flying. Nevertheless, she asked what I wanted and saved a chicken for me.
Some consistency (like on AA) would be nice.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 7:25 am

Programs: DL PM; Co Gold; PC Plat; Hhonors Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
Some consistency (like on AA) would be nice.
If you want to look at it in a positive light, DELTA is consistently inconsistent.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have never seen FAs take orders from non-revs last on DL. I saw a non-rev offer to choose last once, but the FA said it wasn't necessary.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.