Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: DL DM
I have always had front-to-back BE TATL - I don't know if it is the policy, but just my experience. I have also never experienced an undercatering in BE. I have always received my first choice, even in the last row. YMMV.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
I have found that they usually take the orders from the front regardless of flight number - but as mentioned...I haven't experienced them saying "sorry we're out of that"
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I have also never experienced an undercatering in BE. I have always received my first choice, even in the last row. YMMV.
They stock the least number of the Cold plates, so sometimes they do run out of those when too many people want a quick meal...

Originally Posted by rcsgeorgia
I'm trying to avoid Michelle's rubber chicken.
Hey, don't knock Michelle's chicken ; this month's westbound chicken dish (with arugula, fennel, pumpkin, in balsamic brown butter sauce) is actually quite delish...my favorite Michelle chicken dish!

And yes, 99.9% of the time, they do front-to-back on international BE flights; the 0.1% is for some pursers who jump around by status/non-revs, or do two rows across at a time, etc.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:32 pm

Why does Michelle only know chicken?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Why does Michelle only know chicken?
Probably 'cause Delta told her beef was too expensive...though she was allowed the short ribs
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:55 pm
k2

I have never been preferentially offered meal selection as a DM. Most of the time the FA starts at the front on the left aisle, works their way down, then crosses over and takes orders from back to front up the right aisle.

If you're really concerned you might try speaking with one of the BE FAs when you board (you should board when BE is called as they will often take meal orders while pax are settling in; I've boarded 'casually late' and missed out on my meal option as a result).
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Looks like our BE flight from JFK to PRG may have an opportunity for OPUPs for some medallions and BE could be full. How do the FAs handle meal selection choices? Do DMs get their choice first, or is it strictly from the front to rear or rear to front? Flight # is 210 if that makes a difference. I'm trying to avoid Michelle's rubber chicken.

Thanks,
Don't you think that those who paid for BE should get first choice?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno
Holy hell, I would hope so!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Probably 'cause Delta told her beef was too expensive...though she was allowed the short ribs
I got to meet her recently, and she mentioned that she's doing a new menu for Delta's South America routes. She had to prep 140 different dishes to present to them (in a 4 hour period), of which Delta would select a handful.

It's definitely not her... but DL making the choices and then doing it their own way.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I have also never experienced an undercatering in BE. I have always received my first choice, even in the last row. YMMV.
I've seen the Japanese option run out on the TPACs, but that's obviously not a concern for JFK-PRG.

I actually went to sleep in the middle of meal service on my last (paid, since I know that matters to some) BE flight... mediocre (but well meaning) crew taking forever+mediocre pasta entree+no novelty in yet another ice cream sundae+76W lie flat=zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I read that the OP is in BE and concerned that op-ups will reduce the likelihood of getting their first choice.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: DM-3MM, Marriott Platinum 4 Life, VFW-Life
I do! And that is why I asked the question
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I do! And that is why I asked the question
Sorry, I got home at 2:30 am this morning from Crete and should have read more carefully since so many other posts suggest otherwise.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:24 pm

I flew DL3 a few days ago and BE looked full. No FEBO and being in row 7 I sweated it out but got what I wanted anyway. I think there were 2 op ups (I was on an award ticket) but think it would be a very bad idea to treat op'd up pax different from revenue pax.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by bennos
I've seen the Japanese option run out on the TPACs, but that's obviously not a concern for JFK-PRG.
in the NW days, I always pre-ordered the bento box, especially ex-NRT. If DL hasn't gooberfied this option, then it's probably still among the best J meals out there.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:26 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
After chatting with a number of FAs, my understanding has been that FAs don't know who paid for F/BE and who has been op-up'd. Non-revs, they DO know, as they DEFINITELY get last meal choices. Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.