Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Yeah I know that. I've changed seats many times without problems but I don't want to risk anything seeing as I feel incredibly lucky to have found 3 x 100K business awards to the US. It still feels too good to be true so I don't want to jinx it!
Yeah, I'd protect those with my life, too. I guess if you want to switch seats, you could always call an agent and have them make the change. That way if the reservation disappears, they would be responsible for fixing things and would have no way of blaming you. As others have said, I wouldn't stress about seats on that flight, however.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Yeah, I'd protect those with my life, too. I guess if you want to switch seats, you could always call an agent and have them make the change. That way if the reservation disappears, they would be responsible for fixing things and would have no way of blaming you. As others have said, I wouldn't stress about seats on that flight, however.
Yeah that's what I was going to do if I wanted to change the seats but seeing as it won't make much of a difference and that we have 3 seats together, I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks to everyone for their insights.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Yeah that's what I was going to do if I wanted to change the seats but seeing as it won't make much of a difference and that we have 3 seats together, I'm not going to worry about it.

Thanks to everyone for their insights.
Yes, DTW-MCO would be the same as MCO-DTW.

Have fun on the 777!

Don't stress and enjoy this rare find!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: DL PM; SPG Gold
On the plus side, we're on the 77L on ATL-DTW.

As noted above, it's the DTW-MCO flight I'm asking about. That leaves DTW at 5:30pm so is during the "meal" time. Thanks for the info about the MCO FA base though. Nice to know that there are great FAs out there. I've always found DL crews excellent anyway!
I recently flew DTW-ATL on a 777ER, got bumped to First and even got invited to see the overhead crew rest!

Also would mention that there are decent food options @ DTW that you may want to consider during your layover: Sora (Sushi) or Max and Erma's. Scads of fast food joints as well.

Happy Flying!

c|d
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Yes, DTW-MCO would be the same as MCO-DTW.

Have fun on the 777!

Don't stress and enjoy this rare find!
Thanks. I'm actually really excited about the 77L. I love the 777 anyway so it'll be great to try a version I've not been on before. I won't be stressing. We have plenty of time to make our connections and have been to the US numerous times so we know the drill. It will be nice to do it in style though for a change.

Originally Posted by cardood
I recently flew DTW-ATL on a 777ER, got bumped to First and even got invited to see the overhead crew rest!

Also would mention that there are decent food options @ DTW that you may want to consider during your layover: Sora (Sushi) or Max and Erma's. Scads of fast food joints as well.

Happy Flying!

c|d
Wow! I'd love to see the crew rest. Maybe if I get chatting to the crew, I'll get lucky.

Thanks for the info Re: DTW. I've been through there a couple of times in the past so know that there are plenty of food options. Can't wait to head off in just over 7 weeks now!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
Depending on your departure time security, no priority line that I've ever found, is terrible at MCO due to the large amounts of familys and children coming back from disney with everything you can possibly imagine can take forever so arrive plenty early and enjoy the sky club.
jbs
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by patriots68
Depending on your departure time security, no priority line that I've ever found, is terrible at MCO due to the large amounts of familys and children coming back from disney with everything you can possibly imagine can take forever so arrive plenty early and enjoy the sky club.
jbs
Thanks for that. We're flying out at 7:30am so hopefully security shouldn't be too manic. We've been through MCO numerous times before so we know what we're doing. We'll be there in plenty of time so that we're not stressing.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
My thoughts on FEBO are:

Fear Everything Being Offered.

Bring your own food and you'll be much happier.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:00 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Isn't ordering a special meal an option...? Another roll of the dice, but an option...?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
FEBO'd DTW-PHX recently.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:48 am

Programs: DL MM PM; AA MM Gold for Life; Hilton Diamond for Life
On DL 1823 last night, DTW-SEA, 4B, and was discretely told that I could make my meal choice ahead of all others. . .thereafter FEBO was violated.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Is it FEBO or not FEBO?

Sometime ago I was asked if I could contact Delta and get an “official” answer to the question, what is the current policy regarding First Class meal service. Is First Class Meal Service from the Front on Even flights and from the Back on Odd Flights (FEBO) or is the service always from the front of the First Class cabin. FEBO or not FEBO? So, I went the straight to the source that could provide us with the best “official” answer, the office of the VP of In-Flight Services. Here is the response:

“On even-number flights, meal selections manifest front to back and on odd-number flights, meal selections manifest back to front, this ensures our first class customers on North America flights have the opportunity to receive their first choice of entrée.”

I realize that there might have been some in-consistency in the implementation of this policy in the past. If you experience the First Class meal service being delivered inconsistent with the policy stated above, simply post the Date and Flight number below, and the information can then be passed on to In-Flight Services Management to help address these issues.

It is good to have an "official" answer to question, FEBO and no FEBO.

Happy flying and may you always get the first entrée of your choice!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Funny, because Sandy Gordon said otherwise at the last DO. And if memory serves, that's her office.

Thanks for checking on it.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
I could swear at the DO we were told FEBO was dead. There have been some FEBO reports here but honestly, seems like a year to me since I was on a flt where the last row served first.

Just curious when this became 'official policy' of DL because I got a feeling there will be many reports of odd-numbered flts where service begins at Row 1.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
What way do they give out entrees in Economy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.