Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FEBO — Meals Served From Front on Even-Numbered Flights, Back on Odd-Numbered Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:01 pm

FEBO tonight on DL73 JFK-SFO.

No real issues. 16 BE seats. Several set-up/ salad and appetizer only requests.

Still mid-flight. Excellent service from the FAs.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:25 am

According to F/A's on here they don't show paid F pax on the manifest.
I would think that if a pax in F was not an elite chances are good they are on a paid F (I know there is the off chance of an op-up, etc), however pretty good chance they paid for the seat. I fly paid F regularly and I know on UA I'm greeted and thanked for flying First Class, If DL truly wants to make money from the F cabin paid pax should be recognized. And yes, given a choice for meals.
I did the elite thing for many years, and really don't care about it anymore. I'm sure I spend as much as in total as many elites, yet don't end up with enough miles to get much above Silver. If I opt to pay for the deluxe oceanfront suite in a hotel I don't want to hear "sorry, one of our elites was upgraded into your suite."
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
The F/A took orders back to front last night on DL2555 MEM-SEA. She also thanked us "for flying Northwest."
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
SNA-ATL today (DL 724) Alas no upgrade, I was in row 12, watched FA in F go through the menu starting row 1. In row 4 I heard her describe the FEBO system. Not sure what pax asked but based on answer I'm guessing pax made a comment about not getting her preferred meal on other flights, it seemed she got her choice meal this time.

Before FT I wasn't even aware of FEBO, but I can say today was the first time I've seen a flight crew member explain it to someone.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
FEBO? Should we change seats?

Hi All,

I've managed to snag 100K business awards LHR-MCO and back for May. We're flying LHR-DTW-MCO on the way out and our connection from DTW has a meal in F. We're currently sitting in row 2 on a 753 but having read about FEBO sometimes being enforced, I was wondering whether we should sit further back to get a choice of meals (the flight number is an odd number). Any advice on what the best option is? Do they even provide a choice of meals on the short (cold) meal flights or is everyone given the same anyway?

Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

Gareth

P.S. I won't be changing the seats online based on the number of horror stories of itineraries being cancelled when changing seats!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Hi All,

I've managed to snag 100K business awards LHR-MCO and back for May. We're flying LHR-DTW-MCO on the way out and our connection from DTW has a meal in F. We're currently sitting in row 2 on a 753 but having read about FEBO sometimes being enforced, I was wondering whether we should sit further back to get a choice of meals (the flight number is an odd number). Any advice on what the best option is? Do they even provide a choice of meals on the short (cold) meal flights or is everyone given the same anyway?

Gareth

P.S. I won't be changing the seats online based on the number of horror stories of itineraries being cancelled when changing seats!
Good Lord! I don't know what your expectations are from DTW-MCO, but lower them immediately =-). DL operates "upgrade" class domestically, not a first class by any standard. The meal you will receive is comparable to something you could buy at a convenience store or gas station. NOTHING worth changing your preferred seat for.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:37 pm

Hi All,

Gareth

It's airline food.. it's not worth getting worked up about. If you want good food MCO has lots of options for carryon!

And the horror stories... as someone who changes seats on line all the time.. I must have missed these...and I have never had my itinerary cancelled when I did it.. (just did my four flights for next week and my el cheapo business class to LHR in June and all of the flights are still there with the new seats )
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
MCO
MCO-DTW will at best be salad or cold sandwich. Not worth worrying about... Plus FEBO is very inconsistent. If concerned go toward the middle.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
I will say that your chances of FEBO being observed are higher ex-MCO. There is a crew base in Orlando and I find these FAs to be EXCELLENT, especially in F. I kind of think that the chance to avoid the little mini Disney World going on in the back is motivation to really shine up front. I flew DTW-MCO about 3 weeks ago and the 2 FAs were absolutely wonderful. They did serve Back to Front, and also skipped the non-revs to make sure others got their first choice.

That being said, the first LHR flight from DTW is at 7:30, which means you are very possibly leaving after 1:30pm, which means you won't get a meal.

If you do, the other posters provide a good summary of its quality. It's a turkey sandwich or a chicken salad.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by houserulz77
I will say that your chances of FEBO being observed are higher ex-MCO. There is a crew base in Orlando and I find these FAs to be EXCELLENT, especially in F. I kind of think that the chance to avoid the little mini Disney World going on in the back is motivation to really shine up front. I flew DTW-MCO about 3 weeks ago and the 2 FAs were absolutely wonderful. They did serve Back to Front, and also skipped the non-revs to make sure others got their first choice.

That being said, the first LHR flight from DTW is at 7:30, which means you are very possibly leaving after 1:30pm, which means you won't get a meal.

If you do, the other posters provide a good summary of its quality. It's a turkey sandwich or a chicken salad.
I agree that most of the FA's out of MCO are excellent... However, that does not mean that FEBO is always followed... I also am based out of MCO and have to say that it is a 50/50 shot.....
Old Mar 15, 2011, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Good Lord! I don't know what your expectations are from DTW-MCO, but lower them immediately =-). DL operates "upgrade" class domestically, not a first class by any standard. The meal you will receive is comparable to something you could buy at a convenience store or gas station. NOTHING worth changing your preferred seat for.
Lol!! Thanks for the advice. I am well aware of what US domestic F is. I've travelled in it a number of times but never on flights long enough for a "meal". I realise it's not going to be gourmet but was wondering whether it was worth moving for. Evidently not ;-)

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
MCO
MCO-DTW will at best be salad or cold sandwich. Not worth worrying about... Plus FEBO is very inconsistent. If concerned go toward the middle.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I assume DTW-MCO is the same as that's the flight I'm asking about. On the return, we're flying MCO-ATL-DTW-LHR anyway so all of the flights are too short for anything other than a drink. On the plus side, we're on the 77L on ATL-DTW.

Originally Posted by houserulz77

As noted above, it's the DTW-MCO flight I'm asking about. That leaves DTW at 5:30pm so is during the "meal" time. Thanks for the info about the MCO FA base though. Nice to know that there are great FAs out there. I've always found DL crews excellent anyway!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Regarding reservations being inadvertently cancelled, I don't think we've had any reports of that with changing seats. However, when trying to select different flights because of a schedule change, yes, lots of people have reported problems.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Regarding reservations being inadvertently cancelled, I don't think we've had any reports of that with changing seats. However, when trying to select different flights because of a schedule change, yes, lots of people have reported problems.
You made me think I'd been dreaming so I searched and found this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...imply-wow.html. I'm sure changing seats would be fine but I don't fancy risking it .

Thanks for all the assistance so far guys! Much appreciated
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
You made me think I'd been dreaming so I searched and found this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...imply-wow.html. I'm sure changing seats would be fine but I don't fancy risking it .

Thanks for all the assistance so far guys! Much appreciated
Ahh. I remember that thread now. It appears that's a one-off on seat selection, as most of us change seats all the time without having reservations cancelled.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Ahh. I remember that thread now. It appears that's a one-off on seat selection, as most of us change seats all the time without having reservations cancelled.
Yeah I know that. I've changed seats many times without problems but I don't want to risk anything seeing as I feel incredibly lucky to have found 3 x 100K business awards to the US. It still feels too good to be true so I don't want to jinx it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.