Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL.com won't let me select seats on KLM flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum

I just thought I would check if anyone had any ideas. I have a flight that I purchased on NWA.com and it put me on a KLM flight with a KL flight number, this is the return leg of a flight that started back in November.

I go to Delta.com and it seems like I can select seats, but it shows a 747-400 combi that basically has seats in the galley and any seat I select is accepted but then doesn't ultimately save and I am back to "seats unassigned".

Then I tried the online assistance and was told because of restrictions I would have to get my seat assignment at the airport. Pretty cool for a PM to run the high risk of getting only a middle seat option... anyway, I thought I would check here and see if anyone has any ideas why? Is it because the flight goes through AMS? Would KLM help me?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:09 am

Go to the Manage My Booking tab on the KLM website, enter your last name and PNR # and then you'll be able to select seats (but the Delta website will probably still show them as unassigned).
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I use the method mentioned by 53 Flyer and was able to select the E+ seats on KLM.com as a PM.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Okay, they have my reservation there and I can see the seat I am assigned but I can't change it. Well, an aisle right next to the galley...maybe they will have a phantom-phantom upgrade program! Or at least to the econo comfort seats...lol

Thank you for pointing me to KLM.com, should have thought of that since my NWA.com receipt has a KL reference code.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller
I use the method mentioned by 53 Flyer and was able to select the E+ seats on KLM.com as a PM.
It says they cost 120 euros. KLM doesn't seem to recognize me as Platinum, even my first name has the middle initial tagged on the end of it in lower case.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:37 am

Make sure that your Delta SkyMiles number is listed in the PNR. If it's not you can add it by clicking on passenger information when you have the booking up. Sometimes the economy comfort seats won't be visible until your ticket is issued and other times 30 hours prior to departure. On my last flight I was not charged for economy comfort, not sure if it was due to my status or my fare class (S).
dee56 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP
Originally Posted by Powers106
I just thought I would check if anyone had any ideas. I have a flight that I purchased on NWA.com and it put me on a KLM flight with a KL flight number, this is the return leg of a flight that started back in November.

I go to Delta.com and it seems like I can select seats, but it shows a 747-400 combi that basically has seats in the galley and any seat I select is accepted but then doesn't ultimately save and I am back to "seats unassigned".

Then I tried the online assistance and was told because of restrictions I would have to get my seat assignment at the airport. Pretty cool for a PM to run the high risk of getting only a middle seat option... anyway, I thought I would check here and see if anyone has any ideas why? Is it because the flight goes through AMS? Would KLM help me?

Based on my experience, calling Delta is the best way to have these seats changed hassle free. Just have a copy of the seat map in front of you so you know which seats you prefer and they'll do the rest
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 53flyer
Make sure that your Delta SkyMiles number is listed in the PNR. If it's not you can add it by clicking on passenger information when you have the booking up. Sometimes the economy comfort seats won't be visible until your ticket is issued and other times 30 hours prior to departure. On my last flight I was not charged for economy comfort, not sure if it was due to my status or my fare class (S).
Thanks, it doesn't seem to be changeable since I already have flown the outbound leg. I did get my miles from that flight, though with the NWA.com change in between and all, I just don't know how they see my status as my DL number is listed as a Flying Blue number. Also, I know that I booked it when I was still GM and only turned PM after that outbound.

Well, I will call them and ask all my questions and then tell you what they said about econo comfort seats and DL Platinum, etc.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
All I can say is make sure the KL side is right as the DL.com side will not be right.
I just had seats on a DL coded AF operated ATL-CDG flight that the seating chart on DL.com was wrong (ended up in a middle seat ATL-CDG) and had an DL CS agent say that DL just puts the seating chart on to satisfy people but you MUST go to the KL or AF side to get your correct seat.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Back when Northwest existed, they never seemed to be able to assign seats, even when I called. I have had great luck, however, calling KLM directly: +31204747747 and talking with their representatives. It's an international call, but it always worked for me. Keep the time difference in mind!

Originally Posted by mike101
Based on my experience, calling Delta is the best way to have these seats changed hassle free. Just have a copy of the seat map in front of you so you know which seats you prefer and they'll do the rest
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ruhl0029
Back when Northwest existed, they never seemed to be able to assign seats, even when I called. I have had great luck, however, calling KLM directly: +31204747747 and talking with their representatives. It's an international call, but it always worked for me. Keep the time difference in mind!
Not me. I agree that NW was not able to assign seats on KL. But the only time KLM would work with me was when I flew Business class. Otherwise, they told me the window opened 24 hours in advance for online check-in and seat selection options. I was able to go in via AF (flying blue #) and see what seats had been assigned sometimes in advance, just couldn't change them. This was 4-5 times over the last year.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Search the NWA threads for selecting seats on KLM. It was always kind of a pain, but the tricks usually worked (AF, klm.com for high fares, calling KLM etc).
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP
Originally Posted by ruhl0029
There was one time when a NWA agent was able to change the seat for me because my travel companion had a seat assigned on KLM and I didn't. So it's a select case. But I was told that with KLM, seats are only assigned either 24 hours prior or check in. And if you are within this window, then it's probably easier to change it on KLM.com, especially now that Delta agents handle some calls and probably know much less about KLM
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:09 pm

When I flew KLM business class over a year ago as a NW Gold Elite, I was able to get a seat assignment after a lot of trouble. Unfortunately, it didn't stick. But C is definitely different than Y. Good luck!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Lifetime Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Two of us on same PNR are having the same problem. Roundtrip IAD-AMS booked on delta.com and operated by KLM. At the 90 day point, the seatmap appeared on delta.com and we selected economy comfort seats. However, 30 days later, an observant Delta agent noticed that our request was never confirmed and we really didn't have seat assignments. After several lengthy calls and emails to both Delta and KLM, they have identified a problem between the KL/DL systems which allows SkyTeam elites to select the economy comfort seats. Delta advised me today that they are debugging the problem and should have a fix in place by early next week. Unrelated problem; the seatmap for the AMS-IAD flight has never been published even though its only 50 days until the flight. Also, when we input the KLM PNR on klm.com, it shows our reservation but does not show any seatmaps or options for making changes to the seat selections. When we booked this trip, we were both gold members. However, after we both became platinum members / elite plus the numbers were "re input" on both Delta and KLM systems to reflect our current status. Good Luck all..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.