FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Best BE Seats for 3 People 767-400 Lie Flats (76D) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1047369-best-seats-3-people-767-400-lie-flats-76d.html)

VU08 Feb 2, 2010 2:10 pm

Best BE Seats for 3 People 767-400 Lie Flats (76D)

After reading all of the 76D seat threads, I still need some help choosing the best business class seats for 3 people traveling together on the 767-400 DTW – LHR.

I am trying to decide between (1a/1b/1c) or (4b/4c/5d) or (6a/5b/5c)

We are all ~ 6’2, 23 years old, and moderate sleepers. We would like to be close enough to talk to each other during the dinner/breakfast services, but sleep/seat comfort is our top priority. From what I can gather, these are the major pros and cons for each set of seats:

(1a/1b/1c)

Pros: extra legroom, first people served, lavs in the back, window seat is odd numbered (best view and console is btw seat and the isle)

Cons: Fluorescent light in the galley that can be bothersome to some, noise from FA’s in the galley, the last people off the plane from the front cabin, warmer part of the BE cabin

(4b/4c/5d)

Pros: low noise and lighting, colder in the back part of the BE cabin, window seat is odd numbered

Cons: some report that legroom is tight, tied for 2nd place with (1a/1b/1c) for seat proximity,

(6a/5b/5c)

Pros: best seat proximity, off the plane sooner, colder in the back part of the forward cabin

Cons: window seat is even numbered, some report that legroom is tight

A few general questions:

Does the florescent light in the forward galley and FA noise make it difficult to sleep, even with some drinks and an Ambein?
Is it feasible for two people to have a conversion across the isle without yelling and disturbing other passengers?
Can someone confirm that it is noticeably colder in the back part of the BE cabin?

What seats would you choose or do you have any other seating suggestions for 3 people?

Thanks

NHFL9 Feb 2, 2010 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by VU08 (Post 13310695)
Is it feasible for two people to have a conversion across the isle without yelling and disturbing other passengers?

Yes. Be sure to give the passenger on the 1 seat side an even numbered row so that they are located closer to the aisle.

VU08 Feb 2, 2010 3:18 pm

Is it difficult to have a conversation across the isle if we give the 1 non middle seat passenger an odd numbered row so that he has a better view?

diplome Feb 2, 2010 3:53 pm

My advice, go for the row 1 configuration if you can get it.

Not sure what the length of your flight is, but if you are three individuals wanting to truly exchange conversation, etc., being in the same row would be helpful.

I fly across the pond relatively regularly, my husband even more so, and we have never had a problem with being in 1.

Ambien doesn't come into play, but a few glasses of wine (or the cocktail of your choice), being spoiled by pleasant staff and I don't see a problem.

Having someone in an off row farther back in the cabin may be a problem regarding communication simply because the rows are not snug.

Personal opinion, if you're looking towards the flight as being part of your adventure...go with 1. You're young...and will probably far outlast your fellow travelers :)