Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage credit denied?!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, BA
Mileage credit denied?!

Can some one help shed some light on why my mileage credit was denied before I write a reply to delta. I flew an AF and Aeroflot segment of my trip to LED and the credit didn't show up on my account for those flight only my delta flights did, so I faxed all of my info to them per the requirements here. Also for some reason they only talk about the AF segment on the reply nothing about the Aeroflot and I still haven't recieved credit for the Aeroflot flight.

Thanks in advance!

Here is the response I recieved...

This is what I submitted..

Its hard to read because its a scan of a scan but the class level is 'Y'

And here are the rules on the partners portion of their page..

Last edited by LR3GuyJoe; Feb 1, 2010 at 9:31 am
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The Class code on the boarding pass shown reflects class of service, Y=economy cabin. It may not reflect paid fare class. The relevant fare class is shown in the fare calculation line on your ticket receipt.

(Not saying you're wrong. Now and then an agent will misinterpret evidence provided.)
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. This was an E-ticket not a paper ticket so I don't have a paper ticket all I have is my email receipt (which I posted a portion of) and that doesn't call out any class levels. Is there a way to find out?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by LR3GuyJoe
Thanks for the reply. This was an E-ticket not a paper ticket so I don't have a paper ticket all I have is my email receipt (which I posted a portion of) and that doesn't call out any class levels. Is there a way to find out?
There should be some sore of tax/routing information on there it would look similar to this:

Fare Details: ORL DL X/LAX DL PDX82.79TA07A0PA DL X/ATL DL ORL82.79TA07A0PA U
SD165.58END ZPMCOLAXPDXATL XF MCO4.5PDX4.5ATL4.5

If you can find that, we can help you decode what fare class you actually purchased.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:16 am
Original Poster

No I don't see anything even close to that anywhere on the email. I also tried the print receipt option and it just list the flights, total cost and total tax.

Side note, WBurcham I just moved to NOLA from Central Florida.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
This is a very common problem with AF tickets in discount economy. When you search cheapest fares, the engine will kick back N class or similar. N class fares on AF earn no SkyMiles. (Northwest at least used to give 25% of miles flown.) You do have to look at the character hash in your routing information before you buy to see what class of service you are purchasing, as it is not "called out" in a prominent way.

You should have an e-receipt on file from day of purchase. Take a look at the fine print.

If you think you've been misled by the "alliance" into believing that commonly available, legit AF fare classes would earn SM miles... I think you're justified.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by BearX220

If you think you've been misled by the "alliance" into believing that commonly available, legit AF fare classes would earn SM miles... I think you're justified.

Unfortunately *A does the same as well.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:41 am

OH, just thought of something.

Go to this webpage and input your SKYMILES & and 006 ticket number from your BP. It might help.

http://dmn.delta.com/skymiles/requestsm/
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the link heres what comes up. I did get credit for the Aeroflot flight I just missed it in my statement. I figured it would of showen up at the top.

I clicked on the N and it opens up a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" screen.

Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta Plat
N fare doesn't give you credit on AF
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Well, there you go. "Class Flown/Paid" on your AF segment is L class. Look at your first post up top; L class tickets, among many others, earn no miles.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Damn I guess they got me.. Strange that my ticket says Y for the class... Thanks for all the help guys, Now I know and knowing is half the battle ;-)
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
N fare doesn't give you credit on AF
N on AF does not qualify for mileage credit on DL. Check the first post, in the OPs response from DL there's a list of all the AF fares that do not earn DL miles.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Y is the cabin. BPs rarely show the fare class you purchased. Sorry about this. It's happened to me too on AF with an N class ticket.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:13 am

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Nice way to encourage loyalty.

FAIL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.