Some strange 757s!

Old Feb 1, 2010, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Some strange 757s!

I've flown on two 757s in the past week that look perfectly like a normal Delta 757 but inside is a bit different. The fasten seatbelt picture is replaced by Chinese characters and there is no individual airducts on the overhead panel. Is Delta supplementing its 757 fleet with some planes from Chinese carriers?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:02 am

routes? how many seats in F?
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
The plane is N900PC, an ex-Shanghai Airlines machine that the airline has had for several years now. It tends to pop up around the domestic system.

At this time, there are no plans for any additional 757s to join the fleet. Although some MD-90s from China will be joining soon...
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Originally Posted by WBurcham
routes? how many seats in F?
Both planes have 6 rows in F w/no seatback video. Too bad I didn't catch the tail number just to make sure they are not the same plane.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by mersk862
The plane is N900PC, an ex-Shanghai Airlines machine that the airline has had for several years now. It tends to pop up around the domestic system.

At this time, there are no plans for any additional 757s to join the fleet. Although some MD-90s from China will be joining soon...
Of course you would know what ship this was.

Next thing I'm going to learn about you is that you are a minor and from some random city in the desert Southwest.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Next thing I'm going to learn about you is that you are a minor and from some random city in the desert Southwest.
The spooky thing is he posted the info within 12 minutes of the OP. Not much time to google it, meaning he already knew about this and had it hyperlinked in his frontal lobe cache.

Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
The spooky thing is he posted the info within 12 minutes of the OP. Not much time to google it, meaning he already knew about this and had it hyperlinked in his frontal lobe cache.

A google search of "Delta Chinese 757" took .24 seconds, and was answered in the third search item (from Airliners.net, no less).

That gave mersk an extra 12.76 mins to type a reply. He must type slow!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.