Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta just reminded me who was boss...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Delta just reminded me who was boss...

Big brother is watching Flyertalk and not liking my posts. I don't think that I've said anything against Delta. Just my point of view about what's going on behind the scenes so to speak.

This personally does not frighten me. I will continue to post my opinions until my retirement which will be soon. And maybe even after I retire.

NW never once tried to quiet me.

Cheers,

NWAFA
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I have found your posts very helpful and thoughtful. It is sad that this has happened to you. How did the determine your name from your posts?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hnewman
I have found your posts very helpful and thoughtful. It is sad that this has happened to you. How did the determine your name from your posts?
I was contacted through FT private message. So, I don't believe that they know who I am. I don't think that Delta can find out who I am unless they strong arm Flyer Talk into giving up my identity. I don't know what the policy is here at Flyer Talk about giving out that kind of information.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8830: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.61 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Fight the power NWAFA!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I am sorry, but IMHO it's NEVER a good career move to hold yourself out as an "represenative" on a message board.

Can't blame Delta for being upset. My company would be too!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by NWAFA
I don't know what the policy is here at Flyer Talk about giving out that kind of information.
I do not think so without a subpoena. Randy would never give you up.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
I am sorry, but IMHO it's NEVER a good career move to hold yourself out as an "represenative" on a message board.

Spoken like a true DL apologist. Have you ever read her posts? She was a big supporter of the company and never claimed to hold herself out as a representative.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
From last fall.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
This is just a note to those FlyerTalk members who are Delta Air Lines employees: Richard Anderson was asked at the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post12430262 luncheon if there was any objection to Delta Air Lines employees posting to FlyerTalk, and he replied that there was no objection at all.

This clarification is being posted because, in the past, some Delta Air Lines employees had feared disciplinary action for posting on FlyerTalk in an official capacity, even as they were attempting to provide helpful information.

Of course, care should be taken that no proprietary information is posted, as well as any news that has not yet been released and is too premature to be posted publicly. However, if a FlyerTalk member has a question that can be answered definitively or has an issue which needs to be resolved, please feel free to do so in the official capacity as a Delta Air Lines employee.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those Delta Air Lines employees from the past and present who have assisted — as well as in the future who intend to help — fellow FlyerTalk members by providing valuable information, assistance and insight.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...flyertalk.html
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lotalota
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8830: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.61 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Fight the power NWAFA!
Well, I did thank the dept. head who contacted me, but said that I would continue to post.

Originally Posted by CarolDisney1
I am sorry, but IMHO it's NEVER a good career move to trash your employer on a message board.

The point is, I haven't "trashed" Delta. Only updated information or have tried to offer explanations for what is going on. I think that I'm giving FTers a "heads up" to what's going on around the airline.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Before anybody jumps to defend DL or the OP, other than those two parties, none of us know their exact communications. And it is my understanding that revealing such private messages is a violation of FT rules.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: DL AA UA
Just dont post any leggy photos of yourself onboard and you should be fine.

In all seriousness, while I haven't always agreed with you, I have found your posts interesting and appreciate your contributions and unique perspectives that you have shared in this forum. Although I am not surprised that DL is rumbling in some manner about employee posts since Scoopy, er, SMI posted this a few days back. Not that I agree if DL is trying to lock down their employees' posts, just saying it doesn't surprise me. Please keep posting, but please do not put your livelihood in jeopardy if you need the income.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Thank you for the info AndyTLe. I don't think that I've given out any secrets at Delta. Now if I wanted to be mean, there are a lot of things I could be flapping my gums about. Things that would have all of you standing on yours ears!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM
Just curious...

You mentioned that it was a department head that contacted you.

Do you feel that the contact was an "official" contact/reprimand, or just a zealous (over-?) supervisor taking enforcement into his/her own hands...

Either way, I've found all of the DL staff who chime in and help out to be vastly helpful and overall had a very positive effect on my opinion of Delta. ^^

I would encourage it whenever possible and appropriate.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Interesting... how does one edit a post, without the edited post displaying the "Last edited by..." message?

I was in the process of composing a reply to CarolDisney1 in regard to her original post:

"I am sorry, but IMHO it's NEVER a good career move to trash your employer on a message board."

Thought I should make sure I was not mis-quoting, so I went back to her post and found the following, with no indication that the post had been edited:

"I am sorry, but IMHO it's NEVER a good career move to hold yourself out as an "represenative" on a message board."

But, NWAFA's response to CarolDisney1 has the original post content.

----------
Even more interesting... just edited my own post here (twice) and the first edited was not identified as an edit, but the second one was. Does FT provide a timed "grace period" for those who remorseful folks who, upon reflection, say "Damn, I wish I hadn't said it this way..." I could use that feature from time-to-time.

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Jan 31, 2010 at 9:37 am
Old Jan 31, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: DL AA UA
I just looked up your recent posts to see what the DL department head could be upset about and one might theorize that it had something to do with you appearing to be a union supporter. I don't think commenting on the UM policy would really get you in much trouble. In any case, I'm glad they don't know who you are, but you now should be extra careful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.