Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what does confirmed or ticketted mean

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

what does confirmed or ticketted mean

After being told no, website is wrong over and over again, I finally got someone at delta who was able to change my return klm flights. Said he had to go into 2 different systems. First he emailed me the itineary that looks like a hold.
I also checked delta.com. The new return flights are all in my itinerary as: confirmed. So he transferred me to nwa to "finish up". The agent I got there said she thinks he transferred me over to get ticketted. She has now transferred me to worldperks and ive been on hold for an hour now.

what is the difference between having my itineary say confirmed and being ticketted? I'm so nervous someone will come on and say sorry, but we cant give you those tickets.....oh and your previous flights are gone........

can someone calm my nerves while i'm on hold for hours?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:31 pm

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
confirmed means the reservation has been made.

ticketed means that the transaction is complete and you can fly on the scheduled dates.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

so this looks hopeful?

(still on hold .....1hr 48 mins......)
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
You are indeed in a precarious position until the thing is finalized and ticketed. I have had agents say that the space they just confirmed me on in the record suddenly disappeared, and that was that! Until it is "ticketed" (the final tranaction that secures payment for the itinerary), nothing is official.

If you have another telephone you can use, you can try having another agent figure out if the changes have been made, or someone is still working on the record, or you are simply lost in telephone limbo.

There is a very good possibility that they MADE the change, but you never got connected to ticketing, so they can connect you sucessfully the next time.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

I don't have another phone

This is really unacceptable. How long should i wait? its been 2hr 26 mins.....
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:43 pm

80% chance it is a phone transfer screw up and you are in limbo land, so you may as well hang up and call back.

50% chance the agent transferred you to a particular ticketing department that is not open evenings.

70% chance that the agent who got your new space finished the transaction and if you call back you can then just call again to have it ticketed.

12% chance that the agent actually screwed the whole thing up, and instead of facing up to the embarassment, shunted you off to the twilight zone

If it were me, I would hang up and call back, figuring that the new flights are booked, and I just have to get transferred to the right place to ticket.

But there's a chance you'll have to start the whole thing over from scratch.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

hung up, called again, everyone doesn't know what to do and passes me on....now I'm on hold again.....to the same worldperks international desk and it's been almost an hour.
I don't know what to do......

new itineary is showing up on klm site too.

Last edited by the4ofus; Jan 29, 2010 at 8:51 pm
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:00 pm

If the new itinerary is showing up on KLM.com - - that is GREAT! It means the seats are HK (holding confirmed). But you WILL want to get the thing finalized.

If you don't want to wait longer for that ticketing link you can try this number that was getting people to Chisholm fairly directly:

1-800-447-3757

(say that your itinerary was originally booked on nwa.com). That way there's always a chance you'll get a savvy Iron Ranger with a heart of gold who can tell you what the real parameters are, and what to realistically expect.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

thanks for trying to help. I have my cellphone now too and tried that number but they couldn't do anything, redirected me back to skymiles and I'm hold with them too now.

I'm picturing a nwa going away party going on with the phones blinking away in the back.

We're leaving early tomorrow am for 2 days out of town, so if I don't get this figured out, it's gotta wait till monday.

Well I"m off to bed with the same 2 musak songs and the delta "we'll be with you shortly" man.....hopefully I wake up if someone comes on.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

It has been done!

Finally phoned skymiles again and was redirected to someone who could finally re-issue the tickets.

Only took 6 hours and 47 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.