Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reservations Cutover - NW flights not bookable on 1/23-1/24/10

Reservations Cutover - NW flights not bookable on 1/23-1/24/10

Old Jan 23, 10, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Exclamation Reservations Cutover - NW flights not bookable on 1/23-1/24/10

FYI for those of you looking for traditional NW-coded flights on either nwa.com or delta.com:

They are doing another batch of reservations cutover this weekend.

They are currently converting all flights and reservations from 2/1/10 - 9/4/10 over to the DL code and DL system. Two weekends ago they converted all flights from 9/5/10 - and beyond.

Due to the conversion, all NW coded flights are not bookable through nwa.com or delta.com from 2/1/10 - 9/5/10. All flights beyond 9/5/10 currently have the DL code and are bookable on either nwa.com or delta.com.

Conversion is expected to be complete by Sunday.

Flights from 1/23/10 (today) through 1/31/10 are not going to be converted and will still have the NW code. These flights are still bookable. The last NW-coded flights will be on 1/31/10.

nwa.com will still be available through 1/31/10. Anything booked beyond 1/31/10 on either nwa.com or delta.com will be on DL-coded flights after this weekend.
Old Jan 23, 10, 8:18 am

Okay - that explains why the award seats that I could see a couple of days back are now invisible at all. I thought I screwed. Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 23, 10, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...gy-tuneup.html

zz
Old Jan 23, 10, 8:23 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Also explains why when checking LAX-HKG this morning why nwa.com routed me thru AMS!
Old Jan 23, 10, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Actually NW flights for 1/31/10 are not bookable either. I booked an award ticket yesterday using nwa.com and NW flights. An hour later it was all gone. Expertflyer can't even pull up any NW flights for 1/31/10 - but can pull up DL flights with the same flight numbers.

For now my reservation still says NW coded flights. Doesn't matter to me as long as I can get on the plane and get home.

Note: I was using my old WP number in the reservation in the hopes that EUA for award tickets still happened on NW-coded flights for WorldPerks members. I still have a slight chance

-RM
Old Jan 23, 10, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I was just looking for flights the first week of February and could not find any thing to CLE vie DTW. Only CVG and ATL flights, really limited the options.
Old Jan 23, 10, 9:22 am

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>>>Flights from 1/23/10 (today) through 1/31/10 are not going to be converted...

Dang! There goes my NWA-purchased NW-coded A-class award upgrade using my old NWA gold FF number for typically half-empty front cabins Saturday February 6th!
Old Jan 23, 10, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer View Post
Also explains why when checking LAX-HKG this morning why nwa.com routed me thru AMS!
Just out of curiosity, were you still seeing the ~$660 fare for that routing ??
Old Jan 23, 10, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
Note: I was using my old WP number in the reservation in the hopes that EUA for award tickets still happened on NW-coded flights for WorldPerks members. I still have a slight chance
Not to get too far off topic, but:
I had success with companion upgrades at gate (PE+non-elite companion, both NW K fare) using our Skymiles numbers. These were NW-operated and NW-coded flights.

As far as I understand the rules, this should not have been allowed since we were on K fares, AND we certainly should not have been #1,2 at the gate (out of 14).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: