Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Banana Bandit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
OP should write the letter, and put the information in it as he sees fit, and let the chips fall as they may. You never know, this could either be the first incident in this employees jacket, or it could be the fifth incident in this employees jacket, and the final straw. Whichever case it is, you can be sure that this one incident will not cause this employee to be fired, but taken together with other incidents, it might....
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: LH/LO SEN, AF/KLM Platinum (Lite)
Originally Posted by Moebius01
Personally, I think this is probably the best reason for a letter about the incident.
IMO such misbehavior is absolutely worth writing a letter of complain. But suprisingly the FT thread has already done the work even better. I come here because I saw the topic on USA Today. It is the "power of Internet"
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
This thread was actually referenced in USA Today? Good Golly Miss Molly!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by USirritated
This thread was actually referenced in USA Today? Good Golly Miss Molly!
You would be surprised how much "juice" we have here. I have been personally interviewed by the NY Times and Wash Post 4 times based on my posts on FT. 2 of those phone interviews resulted in articles in which I was quoted. I know a lot of people minimize the "FT effect" but the reality is many orgs beyond the airlines themselves see the value in a highly knowledgeable focus group.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I know a lot of people minimize the "FT effect" but the reality is many orgs beyond the airlines themselves see the value in a highly knowledgeable focus group.
To be honest I've always felt that reporters just coming to Flyertalk for sources is a bit of a cop-out. Of course they're going to get plenty of quotes and feedback from Flyertalk where many users have thousands of post about airline travel. Most of us could be considered fringe, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Just statistically.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:53 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by JayPS
I come here because I saw the topic on USA Today. It is the "power of Internet"
Are you referring to this article, or was there a different reference at www.usatoday.com which you saw?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Are you referring to this article, or was there a different reference at www.usatoday.com which you saw?
I think this was the one. The link took me to *Boarding Area* and from there the other link here.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Maybe if they catch the bandit they should make her wear a sign that says "I stole an F pax's banana" similar to the way they make gas drive off thieves wear those signs and stand on the corner of the gas station they stole from.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: former
>>>>"I stole an F pax's banana"

But a sign saying that could be so HIGHLY prone to misinterpretation.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:29 pm

How about just a scarlet letter B?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:41 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Talking

Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
I can imagine the banana bandit walking around departure hall with such banner on... ROTFLOL )) it would probably be the most effective punishment
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: AA - PP
Originally Posted by USirritated
How about just a scarlet letter B?
Shouldn't it be a yellow letter?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Maybe if they catch the bandit they should make her wear a sign that says "I stole an F pax's banana" similar to the way they make gas drive off thieves wear those signs and stand on the corner of the gas station they stole from.
The only difference is those people were accused and were presumed innocent unless the state could prove their wrongdoing.

Here everyone already pulled out the rope to string her up based on an allegation provided by 1 passenger’s observations and his perception of what he believes happened.

I am not saying the OP fabricated the story. All I am saying is there could be other explanations for the FA’s removal of a banana from the basket. All we know is his assumption that the "FA stole my banana". It may likely be true but there could be circumstances that could help explain why she took it.

But ya’ll don’t wanna hear none of that because for the most part ya’ll don’t like Delta and its employees. Anytime one of them messes up it gives you a chance to jump in the bandwagon and paint the bunch of them with the same brush: inept, corrupt, lazy, mean, uninterested, inconsiderate, etc.

For the last 3 years I have been flying every week and have got to know so many of them and the vast majority are nice and go out of their way to please our cheap upgraded A$$es time over time. So the day one of them does something wrong, real or alleged, we want them written up, reprimanded and fired.

Good Grief!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
For the last 3 years I have been flying every week and have got to know so many of them and the vast majority are nice and go out of their way to please our cheap upgraded A$$es time over time. So the day one of them does something wrong, real or alleged, we want them written up, reprimanded and fired.

Good Grief!
Excellent post, and finally a voice of sanity. I continue to be amazed at the things people on this forum complain about.

I know, I know, I can hear the arguments.....if she'd steal a banana, she steal a 777.

Why don't you give the FA the benefit of the doubt and not let a bleeping banana get your knickers in a twist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.