Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What issues are reasons to let your Sky Club membership lapse? Check all that apply.
I do not intend to let it lapse. I intend to renew my membership because I am happy with Sky Clubs.
10.67%
Loss of locations.
43.87%
Food issues.
63.64%
I am or will be a Diamond Medallion, so Sky Club membership is free of charge for me.
24.51%
Service issues.
15.02%
Other issues, which I intend to state in this thread.
8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Sky Club snack service changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL 2MM GM
I had the cookies in the MSP C club and I think I cracked a tooth. NOT the good cookies. Get out some more vegetables instead of all Bubba food
Old Jan 13, 2010, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by james318
Oh please... Cutting appetizers in one or two clubs and providing better options systemwide is much more worthwhile for alot of people.
Wait..... is that logic?

Originally Posted by n7371f
Well as someone who flies almost exclusively domestic, I appreciate the change. As a WorldClub alumn I thought the changes made by DL were negative; cheap is another word. I would also hope the quality of the offerings improve. I mean, how many dollars a year does it cost for actual Tillamook cheese versus processed?

As for the folks who rely on the Intl flights and the clubs at those locales, I can certainly understand their frustration with this announcement.
As a relatively frequent user of the ATL E club at night, I enjoyed the GOOD snacks but, as another poster said, would rarely try to eat much if i was going Intl because of the size of meals onboard, I mainly used the food to supplement on the way home to MCO.

Originally Posted by Funkywabit
What about the Korbel ? Please say you are keeping the sparkling wine
They have sparkling wine in the clubs?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 9:25 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Originally Posted by Burj
The only net difference is that (outside of breakfast time) the SkyClubs have worse food than the WorldClubs used to have...
AND often attended bars where you are expected to tip, even if the girl has NO IDEA what is in a "true" bloody marty.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by xanthuos
AND often attended bars where you are expected to tip, even if the girl has NO IDEA what is in a "true" bloody marty.
I'm a non-drinker so that issue wasn't on my radar....

BUT...I always HATED having to ask a bartender in a CRC for a soft drink!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 9:32 pm

Environmental Issue...hummus jars!

Is the hummus still served in those little glass jars? They USED to come in card board "pyramidal" shaped containers.

I stopped eating it when it started coming in the little glass jars as I couldn't stand the thought of throwing a glass jar in the garbage for TWO spoonfuls of hummus!

Considering that Delta has been pretty pro-active about in-flight recycling...I hope they reconsider the hummus glass jar issue...
Old Jan 13, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by n7371f
I mean, how many dollars a year does it cost for actual Tillamook cheese versus processed?
I almost forgot about the WC's Tillamook cheese and their chips and salsa. Those would be a nice, and hopefully cost neutral, snack choices. I agree that DL should be able to provide real cheese instead of pasturized process cheese product. I never was a hummus lover, but I do like those little containers from the SCs. Also, I really like those long and skinny Italian breadsticks, but I forget when and where I last had them. Oh, and one last and I think both healthy and affordable wish - SOUP! Ok, I'm done.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I guess we'll know more on January 16th.

Who's going to post the first SC snack report?

David
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
All since 4pm today. Tough room.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
So, really? No more sushi and soba in NRT? I am in favor of standardizing the regular skyclubs, but it is at the expense of BizE customers. Doesn't sound right.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I guess we'll know more on January 16th.

Who's going to post the first SC snack report?

David
We won't know anything until the earlier of Feb. 1. or whenever SMI can spill the beans. The 16th is just the cut-off for the expanded snacks, but the all-day snacks won't begin until the first. Get your chicken salad, shrimp cous cous, vegatable soup and parfaits while you can.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:04 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by Burj
Is the hummus still served in those little glass jars? They USED to come in card board "pyramidal" shaped containers.

I stopped eating it when it started coming in the little glass jars as I couldn't stand the thought of throwing a glass jar in the garbage for TWO spoonfuls of hummus!

Considering that Delta has been pretty pro-active about in-flight recycling...I hope they reconsider the hummus glass jar issue...
The last few times all I've seen is the little Tetra pack recyclable cardboard containers for the hummus so it seems like this feedback was taken onboard and they switched to a more environmentally friendly packaging.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by SamuelS
The last few times all I've seen is the little Tetra pack recyclable cardboard containers for the hummus so it seems like this feedback was taken onboard and they switched to a more environmentally friendly packaging.
Oh great! Glad to hear that! (Guess that shows just how little I use the lounges now...for me, a non-drinker, and now limited food options, it is only the occasional shower that the lounges are good for since I can tether my phone to my laptop so I don't even really need the wifi...)

Having said that....in an irops situation with long wait/delay, I might pay the $25 one visit fee (thanks to Amex card)

Last edited by Burj; Jan 13, 2010 at 11:30 pm
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
So, really? No more sushi and soba in NRT? I am in favor of standardizing the regular skyclubs, but it is at the expense of BizE customers. Doesn't sound right.
There are Star alliance and One World lounges in NRT like the SC NRT with real food options so I doubt they can change the NRT SC. (unless JAL moves to ST)
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
As I read this, the "expanded snack service" is still the same fake cheese, oddly dysfunctional crackers in a communal dish, hummus, carrots, celery, and olives. The only thing that's expanded is the hours at which that "spread" is offered.

When DL took over the clubs they severely downgraded the food, and offered it for only three hours a day. Now they are simply offering the same downgraded food longer. That seems to be their basic strategy: Make draconian cuts, wait for the complaints, give part back and call it an enhancement. We're still worse off. In addition to the SC food, other examples come to mind:

• Start charging Platinums a $100 fee for all award changes and redeposits (3/1/09), then switch to two free per year and $50 for any more.
  • Take a bunch of Platinum benefits away, then create a Diamond level that restores a few of them.

I'll miss the food in the ATL E club. I only had it a few times but it was a nice treat.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have a feeling that NRT will continue to be an exception to the rule as one of the only international clubs (now that FRA and MUC are closing) to stay in line with competition. I have no insider knowledge, but would be shocked to see them shutter their competitive advantage.

I wish that we could get a confirmation of what "all-day snacks" really means...I find it hard to believe that DL is going to roll out carrots, olives, and hummus at 6am unless they mean they will do this after the breakfast food. If that is the case, that's great!

Thank you Sky Miles Insider for posting on this board...I feel your pain because it's hard to return and post here if people are nasty to you no matter what you say. We may not love the changes, but we appreciate your openness! Please come back soon!

WBurcham, yes, there is sparkling wine in the E SC only (not sure about JFK clubs as I have never asked for it there)...who knows what will happen now with the changes though. Hopefully, we will get a clarification of this and what the new "all-day" snacks mean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.