Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What issues are reasons to let your Sky Club membership lapse? Check all that apply.
I do not intend to let it lapse. I intend to renew my membership because I am happy with Sky Clubs.
10.67%
Loss of locations.
43.87%
Food issues.
63.64%
I am or will be a Diamond Medallion, so Sky Club membership is free of charge for me.
24.51%
Service issues.
15.02%
Other issues, which I intend to state in this thread.
8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Sky Club snack service changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mersk862
The new food changes just rolled out last week - gone are the premium snack offerings at the ATL/JFK lounges, but in return the rest of the network has better snacks (cookies, etc.) all day now instead of at select hours.

A downgrade at ATL/JFK, but an improvement for the rest of the network.
I believe mersk862 is right...the new food offerings are simply the expanded old stuff. Good for the rest of the network, yes. I find it especially bad for JFK where other airlines offer a far more premium spread in their lounges...I would bet there is a lot more originating premium traffic there so I would hope DL would try to compete with them. The same reason DL serves meals on NYC flights to ATL, for competition purposes.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Just got my first 'taste' of the lack of BE food at ATL's E. I think the bitter aftertaste has something to do with putting up $4K for JNB and missing a benefit I took for granted when the ticket was purchased.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
So, maybe I'm confused... but are all lounges supposed to have the 'expanded snack offering' all day after breakfast now?
This would include:
snack mix
dried fruit mix
cookies
biscoff/nutella
Hummus
Crackers
"cheese"
carrots

I'm asking because, I am seeing a very wide variation between clubs across the network. For example, in MSP and ATL I normally see the full offering above, but in BOS I have yet to see anything beyond the snack/fruit mix and biscoff/cookies. Been there in the morning and early afternoon, and no hummus/cheese/crackers. The only upside is they do have apples.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 3:39 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Was in a SkyClub last week and saw at least two people openly eating food brought in from the outside. I suspect that CSR's at the front desk may now be looking the other way when food is brought into the SkyClub.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP
I voted for food and others, which are the no brainer reasons as to why people have described the SkyClubs as "degraded". Some SkyClubs are nice (SFO), while others are run down and filthy (NYC). Delta needs to have more respect for their customers and deliver a quality product for the SkyClubs business.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Was in a SkyClub last week and saw at least two people openly eating food brought in from the outside. I suspect that CSR's at the front desk may now be looking the other way when food is brought into the SkyClub.
this certainly wasn't B10...as I entered last Friday they were insisting a woman in front of me either toss her Hot Dog or leave
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have only been seeing carrots/olives/hummus after 4pm still in many outstation clubs and in some ATL clubs too! Very weird.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
I let my membership lapse/expire because of cost/expense.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Last swipe of my SC card

Well this is it for me - I just had my last SC card swipe - membership expires on 5/1. I'm not renewing as promised due to the continued location availability problems which are even now getting just a little worse (hours have been recently cut at both JFK and DFW that I know of).

I've accumulated a small stack of day passes from my Amex sign up and last years threshold award plus a few from ebay at about $20. I'll ration them out for the times its worth it. It should be an interesting experiment to see how much I miss it. Considering how much I had to walk at JFK today because of the AM closures and MSP's lack of Wifi - maybe not so much.

The DFW SC reps were amazingly nice about it. They actually gave me a day pass for my collection. (albeit one that expires in a couple of months).
Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:07 am

Programs: DL 1MM, CRC, Wyndham, Marriott, Hyatt Gold, LeMeridien, HH, Wood
I agree.

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
i.e. It costs us too much to actually provide food, so we're just going to provide snacks at all our clubs.

It has nothing to do with "uniformity amongst all clubs". This is purely a cost saving measure.

Frankly, as long as the bar stays open the entire time the club is open that is what we all really care about. Get rid of the bar and we'll riot.
Mess with the way we serve ourselves drinks or try to charge for drinks We'll Riot. Thanks for letting me share....
Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I haven't seen the carrots/hummus/crackers and "cheese" in BOS yet either. Are there certain times this is put out? Normally I'm there in the morning or at lunchtime.

Also, has anyone seen the real cheese yet? Was in MSP a week ago and only "asiago flavored cheese" things were there.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by rylan
I haven't seen the carrots/hummus/crackers and "cheese" in BOS yet either. Are there certain times this is put out? Normally I'm there in the morning or at lunchtime.

Also, has anyone seen the real cheese yet? Was in MSP a week ago and only "asiago flavored cheese" things were there.
Perhaps the new promises about how good Sky Priority is going to be have distracted DL management from attending to their prior round of promises about how they were going to improve the Sky Club.

By the way, I can't complain about the snacks in the PHL Sky Club... since there is no PHL Sky Club... and DL management is being conspicuously silent about their inability to get the Philadelphia city government to cooperate so that a club can return to PHL.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:16 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
I too think I am letting my membership lapse. Possibly if they offered a 15 or 20% coupon again this year I would renew, but it's just not worth it at the current price. They have scaled back a lot on service and that's a lot of how I thought it was worth it. I'm one of the few that thinks moving to self service bars is a poor idea though I think.

Other reason I'm not renewing is they refuse to listen to their customer base that want at least one other selection of something that isn't so carb rich. Like a REGULAR nut mix in lieu of a nut mix with all that carb garbage in it.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jfulcher
I too think I am letting my membership lapse. Possibly if they offered a 15 or 20% coupon again this year I would renew, but it's just not worth it at the current price. They have scaled back a lot on service and that's a lot of how I thought it was worth it. I'm one of the few that thinks moving to self service bars is a poor idea though I think.

Other reason I'm not renewing is they refuse to listen to their customer base that want at least one other selection of something that isn't so carb rich. Like a REGULAR nut mix in lieu of a nut mix with all that carb garbage in it.
Hopefully, the "come in and visit the XXX Sky Club free for a day" promotions are an indication that membership is dropping. After two or three years of this pattern, DL management might get the message that they need to get reacquainted with their customer base.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.