Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Changing a non-refundable ticket into a refundable one

Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist

A quick question for the gurus...if i change my non-refundable ticket to a refundable one (and pay the fare difference involved), what are my options if I don't use that new ticket? Can I apply the full value of that new ticket to another ticket for the next year? If yes, would they charge a change fee? I doubt I could get a refund for the whole amount since part of the ticket was originally a non-refundable fare...is that correct?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
If you pay the fare difference AND the penalty (both will be required usually), then the NEW fare rules become applicable, and you could use the ticket towards another/cancel it, etc.

If you KNOW you're NOT going to use the ticket, I'd cancel, pay the 150 penalty, and use the balance toward a new ticket later if possible.

Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.