FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Is partial pay possible with large amount Delta eCredit/certificate? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1034044-partial-pay-possible-large-amount-delta-ecredit-certificate.html)

pykerl Dec 31, 2009 7:14 pm

Is partial pay possible with large amount Delta eCredit/certificate?

I would like to book with a partial pay on my credit card (the Citi PP for TYN points for miles flown), but unfortunately my eCredit voucher covers the entire ticket.

For instance, say I would like to buy a $500 ticket, and I have a $1000 eCredit. However, I only want to pay $495 from the eCredit and $5 on my Citi PP card.

Is there any way possible (via phone or in person) to book with partial pay with credit card (any amount) and the rest via eCredit?

Thanks and happy new year!

DlRes Jan 3, 2010 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by pykerl (Post 13089432)
I would like to book with a partial pay on my credit card (the Citi PP for TYN points for miles flown), but unfortunately my eCredit voucher covers the entire ticket.

For instance, say I would like to buy a $500 ticket, and I have a $1000 eCredit. However, I only want to pay $495 from the eCredit and $5 on my Citi PP card.

Is there any way possible (via phone or in person) to book with partial pay with credit card (any amount) and the rest via eCredit?

Thanks and happy new year!

No can Do........if the amount of the voucher exceeds the amount of the ticket you will get another voucher. No way to slip in a Credit card in there.

yyz_atc_qq Jan 3, 2010 5:39 pm

what if you bought a ticket (using the eCert), that cost $505. It would give you a residual of $495. Then buy the ticket you want to buy using $495 from the eCert, and $5 from your CC. As soon as that's done, call and cancel the first ticket (within 24 hours) and all things being equal, you should get a new eCert (or the original one again) with $505 on it.

What part of my logic is flawed??? Something always is, but I can't see it right now.

DlRes Jan 3, 2010 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq (Post 13104677)
what if you bought a ticket (using the eCert), that cost $505. It would give you a residual of $495. Then buy the ticket you want to buy using $495 from the eCert, and $5 from your CC. As soon as that's done, call and cancel the first ticket (within 24 hours) and all things being equal, you should get a new eCert (or the original one again) with $505 on it.

What part of my logic is flawed??? Something always is, but I can't see it right now.

Good thinking :-) but once the DTV is used then we can not Risk free one ticket without doing the other as well.

AndyTLe Jan 3, 2010 8:00 pm

How about buying a Refunable ticket and cancelling that ticket therefore creating a new voucher?