FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   FAA Approves Single Operating Certificate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1033845-faa-approves-single-operating-certificate.html)

KLC Dec 31, 2009 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by NWA IS (Post 13087399)
This year, we have been -- and will continue to -- add features and improve the functionality of delta.com. A part of this process involves adding functionality to delta.com that nwa.com currently has.

Looking forward to 2010 being a great year for delta.com!

Thank you for sharing your optimism! I look forward to the new functionality and hope that the negativity you see from some here won't deter you from posting in the future.

rasmcasm Dec 31, 2009 7:27 pm

This year, we have been -- and will continue to -- add features and improve the functionality of delta.com. A part of this process involves adding functionality to delta.com that nwa.com currently has.

Please and Thank You. I am a soon to be Diamond Medallion former NW Platinum Elite, as is most of my close employee team, and lamenting the technology degradation (and corresponding value to ticketing), but hopeful all will be restored, and soon. Our travel manager has devalued the DL/NW buy decision for 2010 (we combine $ and miles) and shifted substantial 2010 spend to *A, especially with their generous incentives, but I'm personally hopeful DL and AF will respond. The newly limited ability of our travel mgr to spend miles is a factor affecting spend. As I sign off on her budget and bonus, what can I say?

NWAFA Dec 31, 2009 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 13071183)
Starting on Jan. 1 though with SOC, pilots can be interchanged (and I believe that the first mixed DL/NW crews will be in February/March).

As you mention, the FA situation won't be done until a vote, which won't occur for a while (until the NMB figures out if they can change the rules or not).

I'm not sure if they can yet mix pilots. Per the NW FA contract, we follow only the NW pilots and the planes they fly. We won't be flying with any DL pilots until the vote is taken.

If the AFA is voted in, the flight crews won't merge until after the FAs have signed their first contract. If the AFA is not voted in, then the crews will merge as soon as DL sees fit.

Stripe Dec 31, 2009 9:18 pm

Great. Does the IT team "get it" when it comes to the two sites? Do they look at nwa.com and see its clear advantages over delta.com? Is there general agreement that nwa.com has a more straightforward, clean interface and workflow, and superior booking capabilities (paid and award), or are thoughts like this viewed as just the ravings of a few crazies on FT? Do they realize that it's not just a matter of "adding features" to delta.com, but a complete rethink of its philosophy and workflow? Did you ever seriously consider making nwa.com the platform, and add features from delta.com to it? Has anyone on the team ever regularly used the two sites to book tickets, check and change reservations and manage their FF accounts?

jimrpa Dec 31, 2009 9:26 pm

That's all well and good, but is there any chance you might spare some time to restore functionality back to the Delta.com website you took away earlier this year? :confused:

socrates Jan 1, 2010 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy (Post 13087225)
Are they incorporating the positive features of NWA.com into Delta.com??? I sure hope so...

sadly no, we've already lost quite a few features over the past year and it'll only continue....DL unfortunately ignored their IT systems for at least a decade...Theresa is good but she's not a miracle worker, it'll take her time to get the DL systems where she had the NWA systems

NW45 Jan 1, 2010 1:05 pm

has NW completely gone now??

hi, i was reading a post a while back on airliners.net and it said that as from 1st jan there was no northwest so its delta and northwest are on one certificate now is that right???

mersk862 Jan 1, 2010 1:15 pm

The two carriers are on a single operating certificate, which means to the government they are one airline.

They are still two airlines in the sense that the NW code is still being used, nwa.com is still around, ATC communications is still Northwest, etc.

Basically, the best way to put it is SOC is a lot of background work that doesn't have much of a customer-facing impact. The huge customer-facing impact will be the res cutover, which is slated for the latter half of this month.

NW45 Jan 1, 2010 1:28 pm

aahhh. no i see it. thanks so how long until NWA is gone completely? does anyone know?

JOUY31 Jan 1, 2010 3:13 pm

And we are moving off this thread to the Delta Airlines forum :). Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator

mersk862 Jan 1, 2010 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by NW45 (Post 13092646)
aahhh. no i see it. thanks so how long until NWA is gone completely? does anyone know?

The plan is for everything to be completely gone by 1/31. I've heard a few dates of when they're going to do the reservations cutover, as early as 1/22 or so all the way up to the end of the month.

I tend to think there will be a press release coming out over the next couple of weeks with more details once a date is finalized, or if anything pops up that could cause issues that make it worth briefly pushing the cutover back.

CHIC SILBER Jan 1, 2010 4:39 pm

Not Likely

Probably a few months before all the kinks are

worked out to totaly eliminate all NW vestiges

But it's all up to DL now