Amex delta skymiles posting late?

Old Dec 31, 2009, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Amex delta skymiles posting late?

My miles from my Delta Amex card always post a day or two after the billing cycle ends. This month the miles have not yet posted nor has the 10k MQM bonus I earned this month posted. Is anyone else having this issue? Before I call Amex, I wanted to see if it is an isolated issue. Thanks
Old Dec 31, 2009, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I think you should call. My statement closed on Dec 29 and the miles posted on Dec 30.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Carolellen607
My miles from my Delta Amex card always post a day or two after the billing cycle ends. This month the miles have not yet posted nor has the 10k MQM bonus I earned this month posted. Is anyone else having this issue? Before I call Amex, I wanted to see if it is an isolated issue. Thanks
And for the MQM bonus...you may need to select where the MQMs should go. On the Reserve Card, once you hit a threshold spend and earn MQMs you need to go online and select where you want them posted (your account or another) as I recall.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:34 am
gsw

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Stripe
I think you should call. My statement closed on Dec 29 and the miles posted on Dec 30.
+1
Old Dec 31, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I just hit my nexy 10k MQM bonus yesterday, when will that post? I was under the impression that post takes a few weeks to go through.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I just hit my nexy 10k MQM bonus yesterday, when will that post? I was under the impression that post takes a few weeks to go through.
It usually posts a few days after the end of your billing cycle.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 4:05 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Stripe
My statement also closed on the 29 and as of then I qualified for the 2nd 10,000 MQM bonus but no miles or MQM bonus yet. Earlier this year the first MQM bonus posted right away. Will the go back retroactively and update the totals for last year?
Old Jan 1, 2010, 4:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by cxw44
My statement also closed on the 29 and as of then I qualified for the 2nd 10,000 MQM bonus but no miles or MQM bonus yet. Earlier this year the first MQM bonus posted right away. Will the go back retroactively and update the totals for last year?
I have the same closing date, same 2nd MQM bonus, same problem with nothing posting yet. IME, they usually post the day after closing. I'm actually heartened to hear at least two other people having this experience as it probably means that the holidays have in some way affected posting.

For me, whether it posts this year or last year won't matter as either way it will be rolled over and it wouldn't get me to the next threshold award anyway. Still, I want the 10k MQM's. Does anybody know for certain what year it will post on?
Old Jan 1, 2010, 4:51 am
Original Poster

My statement closed on the 27th and still no miles or 10k MQM. I called Amex yesterday and they seemed somewhat unsure but said the holidays had something to do with the late posting and everything should post in a day or two. They also said the the regular miles were sent by Amex to Delta on a monthly basis but Delta handled the MQM transfers specially. It still doesn't explain why some people had no problem with posting. I plan to call back tomorrow if nothing has posted by then. Also I would think the 10K MQM would be for 2009 since that was when it was earned. I actually need them in 2009. I seem to remember a similar issue in the past and I think it did post retoactively for the previous year but would appreciate it if someone else could verify this. Happy new year!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
My statement just closed on the 11th and still no 50k spend bonus of 10k MQM and regular miles posted. Should I wait a bit longer or contact AMEX about it?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
My statement just closed on the 11th and still no 50k spend bonus of 10k MQM and regular miles posted. Should I wait a bit longer or contact AMEX about it?
All I can say is that my miles didn't post for a week and only posted after I called Amex. (emails did not help) Now I am having an issue with skymile dining posting. Amex was really nice about it and followed up the next day with a phone call back to me to say the miles would post the next day-and they did.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
MQM's not posting

My wife's reserve card statement closed on the 5th of January. She crossed her second spending threshold in 2009 and she should be getting a second bonus of 15,000 miles and 15,000 MQM's. The 15,000 mile bonus actually posted rather quickly. The problem is that she is not getting the additional 15,000 MQM's. She has gone to the deltareservemqm website page and it says that she has not reached her spending thresholds. It is a fact though that she has crossed the threshold or she would not have gotten the 15,000 bonus miles. The miles and MQM bonuses are earned simultaneously and go together.

A letter signed by her was faxed to Delta on Tuesday. This was after a lengthy phone call and speaking with numerous DL reps on Friday. Still no answer from the fax and no acknowledgement of receipt of the fax. This is disheartening and actually leads one away from DL due to the instability of their loyalty program. I find it odd that they can spend the dollars on marketing a loyalty program like the Reserve card and then execute it so poorly that it drives people away. And yes, having a good program like the reserve card does make us more loyal. Without it, we'd certainly fly some of the other options out of ATL more frequently.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by cottonpatch
My wife's reserve card statement closed on the 5th of January. She crossed her second spending threshold in 2009 and she should be getting a second bonus of 15,000 miles and 15,000 MQM's. The 15,000 mile bonus actually posted rather quickly. The problem is that she is not getting the additional 15,000 MQM's. She has gone to the deltareservemqm website page and it says that she has not reached her spending thresholds. It is a fact though that she has crossed the threshold or she would not have gotten the 15,000 bonus miles. The miles and MQM bonuses are earned simultaneously and go together.

A letter signed by her was faxed to Delta on Tuesday. This was after a lengthy phone call and speaking with numerous DL reps on Friday. Still no answer from the fax and no acknowledgement of receipt of the fax. This is disheartening and actually leads one away from DL due to the instability of their loyalty program. I find it odd that they can spend the dollars on marketing a loyalty program like the Reserve card and then execute it so poorly that it drives people away. And yes, having a good program like the reserve card does make us more loyal. Without it, we'd certainly fly some of the other options out of ATL more frequently.
I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was facing precisely the same thing -- AMEX bill closed Dec. 29th, both miles and MQM bonus (which I had earned as of that statement) usually post the next day, and after about a week nothing had posted. I resolved to wait another week and, sure enough, everything posted no problem. And, in case you're wondering, the MQM's counted toward 2009 as they should have.

Moreover, I had the same problem as your wife claiming the threshold award until the MQM's all posted. Once they did, no problem claiming the award.

It is frustrating, but I think the simple answer is that the AMEX rewards are taking at least 10-14 days longer to post than usual but, if my experience is any guide, once they do post, everything is correct.

It doesn't shock me that phone reps don't know as much about this as we do. That's not really a criticism of the reps, just the way things are.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.