Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Burj
My EXCELLENT experiences with the SEA lounge staff all came when I had IROPS problems or otherwise LONG lay-overs.
How did they help with IROPs? I had an IROP and I had to go out to the counter to re-book, get a hotel voucher, etc. The SEA lounge agent told me she had no flight related abilities in the lounge. Was she lying to me?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
How did they help with IROPs? I had an IROP and I had to go out to the counter to re-book, get a hotel voucher, etc. The SEA lounge agent told me she had no flight related abilities in the lounge. Was she lying to me?
Well this was well before the merger...perhaps it is/was a computer system issue between how NW used to work and the new Delta has things setup.

For me the big issue was going through and finding possible routings to get from SEA back to upstate, NY and then giving me the options and pros and cons of the different routes...for instance one way was shorter but would entail a middle seat in coach, etc....

It could also be a function of the specific staff and how busy they are. It would get REALLY crowded in there before the SkyTeam international flights left and then pretty empty once they had left...

The three names I remember specifically are xxxx, xxx, and xxxxxxx..

Just the fact that I remember names is a big deal...I couldn't tell you the actual name of any other skyteam lounge staff...

Last edited by obscure2k; Jan 13, 2010 at 7:43 pm Reason: deleted names in the interest of privacy
Old Jan 13, 2010, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
If you were on Delta metal and a 006 issued ticket, perhaps. For me in MCO, I get the same response from SkyClub people when asking about a NW metal 012 issued ticket.

But...that doesn't mean the agent couldn't have taken the Delta issued ticket and rolled it into NW's WorldSpan system and then reiussed on NW ticket stock on either NW or DL metal.

As I previously posted, with my experience since '99 with SEA NW WorldClub folks, their effort I often found severely lacking.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Seattle Sky Club

My second time here, both pretty miserable visits. No place to sit the first time, this time about half full. There is no place to plug in except for the 10 or so cabins in the back, always occupied. The seats are worn and lumpy or hard and the bar is never staffed. The people seem to hang in the kitchen and there is a stanchion blocking the bar. I had to go to the kitchen to ask for a drink. I hope this is not normal.

The one agent did tell me DL is building a new room in the S terminal. Got to be better. I miss the CRC in A terminal. Always thought is was one of the more attractive rooms with all that neat glass and those swivel laptop chairs. Wonder what happened to them.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I too have heard they will be building a new club. Thank goodness. I can't figure out why the bar is never staffed, and you have to hunt someone down to get a drink. Even the self serve soda machines were flat this weekend.

The staff were actually very personable, however, once you found them.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold
From what I heard, most of the furniture from the SEA CRC ended up at the SFO CRC (now Sky Club).
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Originally Posted by AirlineDeregulation
From what I heard, most of the furniture from the SEA CRC ended up at the SFO CRC (now Sky Club).
BINGO, now I recall seeing the seats this past summer and thinking they were like SEA. Now where are those glass sculptures?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
The last time that I was in the SEA club, the agents at the front doubled as bar tenders. Have they since hired actual bar tenders that hang out in the kitchen?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:34 pm

Wait so Northwest wasn't perfect?

(just so I can add something topical....) At least we have a SkyClub again in SEA.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Cheese mirage in SEA SkyClub

In the SEA club yesterday about 11:30 am there was a bowl of Tillamook cheddar cheese packets in the mini-fridge, along with olives and V8 juice. But the club was quite crowded so I decided to take a walk until some of the early international flights left. I returned about 45 minutes later to a much less crowded club but the bowl of cheese was empty! When I asked the attendant if there was any more cheese he insisted "No. There was never any cheese." I showed him the empty bowl in the fridge, which he took away and never replaced. At that point I thought I might be the "man who knew too much" and didn't press the issue.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Stripe
In the SEA club yesterday about 11:30 am there was a bowl of Tillamook cheddar cheese packets in the mini-fridge, along with olives and V8 juice. But the club was quite crowded so I decided to take a walk until some of the early international flights left. I returned about 45 minutes later to a much less crowded club but the bowl of cheese was empty! When I asked the attendant if there was any more cheese he insisted "No. There was never any cheese." I showed him the empty bowl in the fridge, which he took away and never replaced. At that point I thought I might be the "man who knew too much" and didn't press the issue.
Dude, I can't say much here but you need to get underground and quick. They are on to you and will stop at nothing to stop you from telling the story. You NEVER SAW ANY CHEESE...EVER. It must have been a bowl of Biscoffs that just LOOKED like cheese because of the lighting.. I have seen this before man...be afraid, be very afraid but whatever you do..do NOT tell anyone else about the bowl of "Biscoffs" that LOOKED like cheese.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott Amb (LTT)
I was in the SEA club yesterday at about 1045am and there was cheese in the fridge. I didn't eat any so don't blame me for it being gone at 1130.

PS - supposedly the new SEA club will be available in December 2010 and will be 2.5x the size of the current club. It is being built on the roof of the S Terminal.

-RM
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:33 am

"Who Moved My Cheese" .... doing the same thing time and again and expecting a different result
Old Mar 10, 2010, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by 53flyer
"Who Moved My Cheese" .... doing the same thing time and again and expecting a different result
No need to hem and haw... Just put on a pair of sneakers (little tiny mice sneakers) and find the cheese.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles
I just got "cut-off" at Sea-Tac's SkyClub..

I've been sitting here at the SkyClub in the S Terminal for about a little more than an hour. I have four hours to kill until my next flight. In the hour that I have been sitting here, I have walked up to the bar and ordered (3) Bloody Mary's. While "Dxxxxx M," the bartender who is almost never behind the bar finally makes it back there, I go to order my third drink and she tells me "after this one, we have to SLOW IT DOWN FOR AWHILE." Normally, I would understand the reasoning about this, however, the next couple who has been here well before I even arrived are downing their glasses of wine and getting re-fills like it's nobody's business. Am I missing something here? She also asked me what time my flight leaves and I replied with "not for another four hours."

Is this normal procedures for skyclubs? Because I practically got served right at my table from the bartender at the ATL Skyclub, and I was served like 6 or 7, no questions asked.....

Last edited by Canarsie; Dec 25, 2011 at 5:36 pm Reason: Removed first name of Delta SkyClub employee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.