Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
The new SEA club is supposed to be two level but I thought they were in discussions with BA about potentially having a shared club?

-RM
I find it telling that KE uses the BA lounge.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by yvandoorn
Delta used to be out of the A gates, which is anything but a dump (other than that it was 1/2 mile trip from the main terminal). The S terminal, the intl terminal & former NWA gates, is the problem and is most certainly a dump.
I wish they would have consolidated to the A gates. Sure it was a hike, but there were moving walkways most of the way, and seemed shorter than the escalator/train/escalator ordeal they have now to get to the S gates. Plus the old SC there was one of my favorites.....
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Yeah but it is very nice to roll out of customs after 8 hours TPAC and literally fall into the SC in the S terminal. Compare that to the 1/2 mile of meandering in San Fran (with a skyclub outside security!) or the 2 miles of underground tunnels post customs at LAX...

And +1 on the Alaskan Amber at SeaTac SC too... delish!! If you can get served... it is spotty coverage on the bar.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
I wish they would have consolidated to the A gates. Sure it was a hike, but there were moving walkways most of the way, and seemed shorter than the escalator/train/escalator ordeal they have now to get to the S gates. Plus the old SC there was one of my favorites.....
Being a 99% int'l flier I can't say that I've seen the A gates, but given the appearance of anything else in the main terminal I would agree that the S gates suck...but the thing is, since CBP facilities are only available at the S satellite for arrivals, they may not want to have to deal with moving aircraft after arrival ala UA, especially if they are supposedly extending SEA to be more of an int'l gateway to certain Asian destinations.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
But there is no customs/immigration in the A gates. DL will have 5 international flights per day (peak level), plus it provides services (in one form or another) for AF, CI and KE, so it makes sense to consolidate where CBP is located.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Just out of curiosity? how long does it take to get to the skyclub from the main terminal. i have a 90 min layover coming up next month on AS and their lounge closes hours before my 11pm flight. I see SC is open pretty late on saturday's
Old Dec 30, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
Just out of curiosity? how long does it take to get to the skyclub from the main terminal. i have a 90 min layover coming up next month on AS and their lounge closes hours before my 11pm flight. I see SC is open pretty late on saturday's
IME about 10 mins from security in the central area. You need to go down to take the underground tram in order to get to the south satellite.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BenA
Oh, right. I almost forgot one legitimate gripe: The new Coke machine that was installed to replace the old Pepsi machine is the loudest freakin' beverage machine in the entire planet. GRINDGRINDGRIND CRUNCH GRINDGRIND CACLUNK CRINKLECRANKLECRINKLECRANKLECRINKLECRANKLE CLUNK CLUNK KACLUNK!!!!! over and over and OVER again. And this is with nobody touching it - it just seems to be on a lifelong mission to make and move around ice while idle; it made noises like this for an hour with nobody else in sight.

So I can't have my Mountain Dew anymore, I understand that (grumble grumble, why can't DL stock Mello Yello for waking me up after redeyes?) - but did they have to rub it in with the constant noise of an ice machine?

I swear, I'm fond of saying that all flights to Hell are CRJ-100s departing from gate 25 at JFK - but I might have to revise that to include the new SEA coke machine in the gate area
Glad they got the Pepsi machine replaced [Yes, I am a Diet Coke fan] - even over the Jones served in-flight by AS...

Will be by on the 15th (early) to check the place out AS has potentially a new BR going into the N gates in the next couple of years, (also rumored to be on the roof) - wonder who will finish first?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by sxf24
But there is no customs/immigration in the A gates. DL will have 5 international flights per day (peak level), plus it provides services (in one form or another) for AF, CI and KE, so it makes sense to consolidate where CBP is located.
An excellent point, and one I did not take into consideration.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
I am curious as to what the SEA SC agents do that would classify them as "best"? I was there in July. My flight was delayed which would cause me to miss-connect at ATL. So I asked for help from the SC agent. She told me they have no access to any flight information of any kind. I asked if this was a temporary computer outage and she said that even when it was a NW lough they never had any way of seeing anything flight/itin related in the lounge.

I couldn't help but wonder what the computer on her desk was for if flight info were not accessible.

I had to go back out to the counter to re-book my itin for the following day. I was relatively new to the NW lounge world. I had used the agents in CRCs many times over the years to book/re-book/change itins.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: DL Plat, CO Gold, Avis First, HH Silver
Best lounge in SEA is the CO President's Club, by far. I still use it when I can. The terminal tram exit for B gates comes out right in front of it. You can get back and forth between South Satelite and B gates quickly. (I know this isn't useful anymore for many people, but I have a P-Club membership that's good for another year, there might be others with similar...)
Old Jan 12, 2010, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
I am curious as to what the SEA SC agents do that would classify them as "best"? I was there in July. My flight was delayed which would cause me to miss-connect at ATL. So I asked for help from the SC agent. She told me they have no access to any flight information of any kind. I asked if this was a temporary computer outage and she said that even when it was a NW lough they never had any way of seeing anything flight/itin related in the lounge.

I couldn't help but wonder what the computer on her desk was for if flight info were not accessible.

I had to go back out to the counter to re-book my itin for the following day. I was relatively new to the NW lounge world. I had used the agents in CRCs many times over the years to book/re-book/change itins.
I've got to be honest...with the exception of one woman in particular who comes to mind...I find the NW WorldClub SEA people rather lazy and indifferent. I've been in and out of that club hundreds of times. Never impressed. And until they were forced to help serve drinks, I'm not really sure what all they did...and since they now have to "assist" in providing a drink, they don't act like they enjoy it all that much.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by n7371f
I've got to be honest...with the exception of one woman in particular who comes to mind...I find the NW WorldClub SEA people rather lazy and indifferent. I've been in and out of that club hundreds of times. Never impressed. And until they were forced to help serve drinks, I'm not really sure what all they did...and since they now have to "assist" in providing a drink, they don't act like they enjoy it all that much.
I asked the agent about the assist with the drinks and they told me it was due to local liquor laws. They would have to poor the liquor and I could then carry my highball glass over to the soda dispenser for the mixer.

A have to ask your same question. What exactly do they do there other than check BPs? There were staff members cleaning and serving drinks but the entry desk agents did nothing notable from my recollection... except to direct me back to the counter agents for ticket assistance.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Evan!
A have to ask your same question. What exactly do they do there other than check BPs? There were staff members cleaning and serving drinks but the entry desk agents did nothing notable from my recollection... except to direct me back to the counter agents for ticket assistance.
Now, that sounds like all the former NW staff in SEA! Some of the earlier posters made them seem like angels. I've flown NW off and on out of SEA over the past 40 years (yes, 40) and never have found them overly helpful.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 6:26 pm

My EXCELLENT experiences with the SEA lounge staff all came when I had IROPS problems or otherwise LONG lay-overs.

This included going to bat with Alaska when a late horizon flight made me miss my NW connection...getting Horizon to admit to the delay being mechanical in nature...

Also took the time to give me LOTS of information about visiting SEA as a tourist, things to do and see, etc...

In a way it is like having traction control on your car, most of the time it doesn't to anything and you don't notice it, BUT when you do need it, you are really glad it is there... (Sorry for using an automotive analogy in an aviation related website!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.