Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:12 pm

The new Sky Club is amazing and sets the bar really high for other U.S. airlines in terms of their lounges. The Sky Club really does feel like a lounge you'd find in Europe or Asia. The design is beyond gorgeous and the amenities are high-class.

The food is also upgraded and I hope it stays that way. The spa offerings are not too expensive and offer a wide range of treatments.

I posted a few pictures from the event and of the lounge, if anyone is interested:

http://travellingtheworld.boardingar...-club-seattle/

This will now be my go-to lounge when travelling through SEA.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I am back from the Private Preview of the new Sky Club in Seattle.

A massive lounge, 21,000 square feet and 30' high walls of glass along one side which makes airplane spotting easy from almost anywhere in the lounge. This wall is also made up of intelligent glass which tints according to varying input criteria; not just sunlight.

I did write a post about it, if you want to see my more than 70 images of the Sky Club here:

My Guest Post on the New Seattle Sky Club with tons of photos

This Delta Sky Club has really set the new standard for airport lounges and Delta stated that at the ribbon cutting ceremony.

You almost forget you are in the USA with this lounge. The food & beverage offerings will be on a new par, featuring some local tastes in food from local Chef Ethan Stowell, wines from Chateau St. Michelle as well as local beers from Georgetown Brewing.

The entire design features curves and wavy lines that are meant to compliment the Pacific Northwest spirit.

With Asanda Spa in house and six shower suites, travelers are in for some pampering.

I especially like the pod seating and the large dining table, as well as the massive three-sided curved centerpiece couch.

Check out my images so you can see what you think and what to expect!

For me, and my travel companions...this almost make the Sky Club a destination!

Last edited by laptoptravel; Oct 22, 2016 at 3:59 pm Reason: spelling, grammar
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Amazed by the pencil tip sized artwork that reflect the Pacific Northwest downstairs and flora from a-z upstairs! Take a moment to appreciate this artists' microscopic attention to detail!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Amazed at the facility, but I think they will soon reduce the evening hours of either or both South Concourse lounge and/or the new A/B Concourse lounge.

I also think upper level to the new A/B lounge could see nightly closure as it will essentially be un-utilized after maybe 9pm.

Jiburi
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:08 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
I spent some time in the new lounge on Saturday before my quick SEA-SAN-SEA weekend turn. Beautiful space; the views of airside are great and it feels very spacious and open. I wouldn't have minded having an open air Sky Deck, but this is SEA we're talking about so I don't know how often I'd actually want to be on the Sky Deck.

Coming back, my first visit to the SAN lounge was also pretty good; it's not nearly as spacious or lovely a view, but the staff were very friendly and welcoming and it was a nice quiet place to chill before the flight. (Which is exactly what I wanted then.)

Side note: at least on Saturday, the Fly Delta app didn't know about the new lounge and the airport maps didn't include it either. Not that it's exactly hidden, of course, but those are things that really should have been ready to go....
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Visited the lounge last night. Very nice overall. Great layout and plenty of seating while still feeling spacious. The other plus is that there are power outlets EVERYWHERE. Plenty of good food options. Also liked that they had a pop (soda) fountain so that you don't have to go to the bar if you want a non-alcoholic beverage.

The only negative that I saw was that there was no window tinting or any form of curtains/blinds. With the huge windows, I could see the sun being a problem on bright days or when the sun is at low/lower angles during sunset, especially in the winter in SEA.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
The only negative that I saw was that there was no window tinting or any form of curtains/blinds. With the huge windows, I could see the sun being a problem on bright days or when the sun is at low/lower angles during sunset, especially in the winter in SEA.
Supposedly there is an automated system:

Originally Posted by Pat Plus
The lounge boasts an innovative design, a 30 ft window wall that tints automatically, [...]
Originally Posted by John DELTA
A massive lounge, 21,000 square feet and 30' high walls of glass along one side which makes airplane spotting easy from almost anywhere in the lounge. This wall is also made up of intelligent glass which tints according to varying input criteria; not just sunlight.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
The grand opening video is amazing. I know it is a PR piece, but would highly encourage anyone interested in watching for some background on the layout and design: http://news.delta.com/new-seattle-sky-club

Can't wait to stop in before my trip to NYC next month. It's nice to have a full lounge option in the Main terminal, I was getting tired of the cramped Amex lounge and usually am too lazy to go all the way to the AS BR just for a cocktail.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
I was at the new Sky Club for the first time this morning. It is really a stunning space. There was an Egg Frittata dish available alongside the more traditional oatmeal and hard boiled eggs.

I'll be back through tomorrow evening, it will be interesting to see what's on the menu.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:24 pm
PBQ

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Gold
What's the single visit rate for a Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card holder?
THe website says only "reduced rate."
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PBQ
What's the single visit rate for a Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card holder?
THe website says only "reduced rate."
$29/person for the cardholder and up to 2 guests. Additional guests pay full price
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Supposedly there is an automated system:
Oh that's good to hear. Will be interesting to see how well it works.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Was just there Sunday evening and found it very nice. Clean, open, spacious, good food options. Self serve soft drinks is also nice.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
Was just there Sunday evening and found it very nice. Clean, open, spacious, good food options. Self serve soft drinks is also nice.
Wonder if we crossed paths on Sunday. I got there about 2:30 pm and left around 4:30 pm (purposely had my wife drop me off at SEA early so I could check out the new club )
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

The new Sky Club is fitted with intelligent glass, I got some of their literature at the Preview.

"view" 'A more intelligent window' is their tagline...it interacts with HVAC as well as temperature and sunlight...pretty hi-tech from the demonstrations (using virtual headsets)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.