Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle SEA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I find SlyClubs to be crowded, selections minimal, and more of a college party scene in there.
This is usually not the case, though I've seen it. I remember one of the ATL clubs during Masters week a couple years back (prior to the Executive Membership/Guest drawdown) was a a bit of a Southern Fraternity Party with more flip flops and croakies than one could count. I even saw a few popped collars.

With that said, I found that experience to be the exception, not the rule, and the majority of lounges have a quiet area that you can go to.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
Originally Posted by dzflyer
That is awesome. I bet they are cooking that barbeque for the D1 flight to Memphis. Hope the flames dont get too close to the jet A fuel.
I love that the smoker is delta branded, lest the UA and AA ground crew have any bbq plans they better get their own.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Actually let's forget the bickering. OP there's an awesome app called LoungeBuddy, which is pretty much Yelp/Tripadvisor, but with lounges. It has all the lounges there with pictures and access policies.

However when it come's to lounges, say what you want but I don't like either of The Club lounges there; The one in A is just dated, and the one is S, is lets face it, smaller than any of the other options. Though it does come with one big plus, it's a partner lounge for BA and they're less crowded than the SCs in my experience.

Personally, I think as far as views and design goes, the Amex wins easily. It may be smaller, but it still retains the vibe and style of the bigger lounges.. But it misses some key amenities that the SCs, and The Club in A have. Most notably showers.

Put short,

-I highly vouch for getting LoungeBuddy; you'll understand later.
-SC can get over crowded and doesn't have the best food selection -showers!; not worth $59
-Don't bother with the boardrooms, the only decent one is in the north satellite terminal and its small -no showers ; $45.. Ha! No.
-2 British Airlines Lounges, not much intel on them. Both are in S. Don't know access policies. One is F exclusive. Both have showers and the typical food selection that you'd expect from them. Pictures appear dated.
-The Club in A, best value $35/person Comp'd with priority pass. Slightly extended food selection; but nothing special. Kinda' dated though. No showers, but not overly crowded and there should be decent amount of choices for where to sit.
-The Club in S, small & modern, can get crowded. Also $35/person. Same access policy as above
-United Club in A, Ha! Let's not. It was recently renovated though and looks like one of the few UCs that isn't literal trash. $59 go elsewhere.
-Amex Centurion Studio, the only Centurion that isn't top notch imo. Amex Plat or Centurion required, no $50 walk-ins. Small, but extended food selection. Modern and in a way is kinda' homey. Honestly, I think its the best lounge out of the bunch when not crowded. Though no, it doesn't have showers and is in concourse B. So it may be out of the way, which may make it not worth the trek -contrary to the other Amex lounges. Don't expect the DFW or SFO experience here.

Hopefully that summed up things fairly well. Enjoy your trip!

Oh and to you SEA denizens be thankful. Here in MSP, we only have four lounges. 2 SCs, 1 UC, and a PP lounge. The PP lounge having amazing staff but in the end, being the same size as the Centurion Studio -if not smaller. Be thankful :P

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Aug 28, 2016 at 11:48 am
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
TheLifeOfA_NKCM about perfectly summed it up. I can add that the BA business lounge in S is nice, but definitely nothing special. It has adequate seating and reasonable snacks, but I wouldn't characterize it as more premium than the Sky Club, and the furnishings are getting on up there in years. It has been much quieter than the Sky Club when I've been there, though.

The Centurion Studio definitely has better food and beverage than DL, but I do agree the space is very small. If you are looking to imbibe or dine I think it's your best choice, but I would definitely go to the Sky Club if I had work to do and wanted a calmer environment.

I can't offer any expertise on the general access clubs, other than to note that the one in S was previously the Northwest WorldClub and doesn't seem to have been dramatically changed since then looking from the outside in... perhaps they have invested in the interior though.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Was just in SEA and in both the Studio and SkyClub. The Studio was extremely crowded and there was a waiting list, and they were assigning people to seats upon arrival. I don't agree that the food is better than the SC--both are very limited at SEA.

The good news is that both clubs are changing. The Studio is building a huge addition and becoming a full service club, and the Sky Club is building a brand new club. I expect both will be fantastic choices upon completion.

Here at SFO we have both the full service Centurion and the brand new Sky Club, and I actually like the Sky Club better. The food is a bit better at the Centurion, but not much. However, you can't beat the size, beautiful style & art, and amazing tarmac views of the SFO SkyClub, plus this particular club has enhanced food.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:33 pm
mmc

Programs: DL Diamond, QF Gold
Does anyone know when the new SC in the main terminal is going to be opened? I've seen "late 2016" but nothing much more. (Have flight tomorrow from A gates and don't really want to goto S just to sit in the SC).
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by mmc
Does anyone know when the new SC in the main terminal is going to be opened? I've seen "late 2016" but nothing much more. (Have flight tomorrow from A gates and don't really want to goto S just to sit in the SC).
Earlier in this thread mnredfox reported 10/18 and I was told by an employee as 10/15. So sometime in mid october is a safe pick
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I hope they meet this SC deadline. I have a long layover there 10/19 on my way to PEK. I will use some of the time to do the CLEAR interview so hope that doesn't mean a ton of walking.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:07 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Is delta going to keep the SEA club in the S terminal in addition to the new club? I was just there a few weeks ago and it seemed like they had remodeled, so I would be surprised if they dumped it altogether.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by mmc
Was just at SEA on Thursday evening and talked to the SC front desk and she said that there would be a grand opening on 18 Oct. Which is cool, am scheduled to be passing thru SEA to HKG that day.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
Is delta going to keep the SEA club in the S terminal in addition to the new club? I was just there a few weeks ago and it seemed like they had remodeled, so I would be surprised if they dumped it altogether.
Yup. the one is S remains so SEA will have 2 SCs from mid october
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Yay!

Originally Posted by jeet
Yup. the one is S remains so SEA will have 2 SCs from mid october
Yay!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by rizrizriz
Was just at SEA on Thursday evening and talked to the SC front desk and she said that there would be a grand opening on 18 Oct. Which is cool, am scheduled to be passing thru SEA to HKG that day.
So I wonder if any confetti will be left when I come through the next day on my way to PEK?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: Alaska, Shell VC, Wyndham VC, Starwood, RCI, II--I bought it on eBay!
Unhappy

My dad is 82, and I booked his first class seat to/from Maui through Delta.com. The flight was very convenient, a stopover in LAX (from Denver), then LAX to Maui, arriving here on Maui to meet us at 3 PM today. He had three changes to his flight, all in the matter of about two weeks, and now his flight is Den-Sea with a 3.75-hour layover in SEA before coming to Maui, arriving tonight at around 9 PM.

We travel Alaska frequently and always get the Board Room access with our First Class seats, no problems at all. Dad tried to get access to the lounge in Denver and was told $29, and now he is on the way to SEA, so I assume he doesn't have First Class access to the lounge in the S gates for his ridiculously long layover, thanks to the schedule changes in an itinerary I booked that didn't require any layover.

This is not a great way to treat a First Class passenger, and I am going to make sure he never has to deal with Delta again, nor will I, and we always fly First Class when we are on our way to Maui or Kauai.

I learned my lesson--and it was not a fun lesson to learn, either.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by cheaptimesharetraveler
My dad is 82, and I booked his first class seat to/from Maui through Delta.com. The flight was very convenient, a stopover in LAX (from Denver), then LAX to Maui, arriving here on Maui to meet us at 3 PM today. He had three changes to his flight, all in the matter of about two weeks, and now his flight is Den-Sea with a 3.75-hour layover in SEA before coming to Maui, arriving tonight at around 9 PM.

We travel Alaska frequently and always get the Board Room access with our First Class seats, no problems at all. Dad tried to get access to the lounge in Denver and was told $29, and now he is on the way to SEA, so I assume he doesn't have First Class access to the lounge in the S gates for his ridiculously long layover, thanks to the schedule changes in an itinerary I booked that didn't require any layover.

This is not a great way to treat a First Class passenger, and I am going to make sure he never has to deal with Delta again, nor will I, and we always fly First Class when we are on our way to Maui or Kauai.

I learned my lesson--and it was not a fun lesson to learn, either.
Alaska is unique in offering Board Room access to domestic First Class travelers. No other airline offers lounge access for domestic premium cabin (save perhaps some of the premium transcon offerings like United P.S. or the AA Flagship NY-LA services, perhaps). The big guys--Delta, United, and American--offer lounge access to premium cabin passengers on international itineraries but not for domestic itineraries.

As an Alaska flyer who is no fan of Delta, I appreciate your dedication to Alaska...but what you've experienced is pretty normal for just about every airline out there and doesn't, IMO, seem to be much of a reason to swear them off forever. Schedule changes are something that happen with all airlines. I guarantee you someone else today has experienced the exact same thing with United and someone else today has experienced the exact same thing with American. (Probably not with Alaska, admittedly, but that's because they have basically one hub, so it's hard to screw schedules up too much.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.